Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[21FEB15] A Couple General Updates - NGX, J41, Xplane, P3D...

Lets just hope they are truly on final approach and No unforeseen problems make it necessary for another go around, I don't know bout other people, but I am finding it harder and harder to wait for touch down. 

I know, kinda lame - but it works in my head and helps me be a little more patient so i can wait till its finally released without going absolutely mad. 

I can understand you. Lets hope for Wednesday. 

Philipp Schwaegerl

Hello Robert,

I am really sorry to keep banging on this drum as it were, but i haven't as yet got an answer to a question that is bothering me, i do appreciate that you may not be able to answer it yet but i would like some assurance.

In an earlier update you mentioned that people getting "into P3D after the (possible) 3rd release would have a much higher entry cost".  Let me make clear i have no issue with buying a new license to use both the 777 and 737 in P3D, not even at the higher price ($140), but i was holding off until P3D offers something different from FSX, 64-bit would be just that.  So my question, is it in my interest to purchase the 777 P3D now even if i don't intent to use it until the 64-bit version of P3D is released?  My second question, does this mean that new releases for P3D after LM update to V3 (possible) 64-bit would be way more expensive (prohibitively so) than the current release price?

Thanks 

This has been answered earlier if I am understanding your question correctly.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/461729-08feb15-p3d-pricing-policy-some-facts-on-this-issue/

"Some have expressed concern about forward compatibility with LM version changes.  We have already indicated that our current product licensing will carry you through at least v3.x and x64bit conversion, which we anticipate taking place in v3.x... based on publicly available information.)  I am unable to predict what will happen beyond this, but at that point we are likely a good 2 years out and we will evaluate what is fair for the marketplace at that time."

Richie Walsh

if I am understanding your question correctly.

Thank you for answering, but that wasn't my question, to be more succinct:

Robert said that those people holding off until V3 (perhaps the 64-bit version), would encounter "a significantly higher entry price".  I wanted to know what that would be?

Also for those people who upgrade to P3D what about new releases after V3, will there still be a $140 cost?

Ian R Tyldesley

OK, I see what you mean. As for after V3 they don't say. That would be like going from FS2002 to FSX. (current P3D version compared to after 3) I would imagine since they expect that to be 2 years or longer  I would think it would be a new product and require a new purchase. I would of course be speculating but I imagine not knowing what is involved after 3.0 or in 3.0 for that matter is difficult for them to commit.

Richie Walsh

Unfortunately we had to pilfer talent from the 400 development team in order to handle all of the FSX-SE updates- and this has put us behind our intended schedule...

This makes me steaming mad :lol:  Still hoping to fly this masterpiece in FSX sometime during 2015.  I anticipate my 777 fleet to take a hit later this year with B and C checks so I'll need a big 400 to fill in B)

Chris Sunseri

Lets just hope they are truly on final approach and No unforeseen problems make it necessary for another go around, I don't know bout other people, but I am finding it harder and harder to wait for touch down. 

I know, kinda lame - but it works in my head and helps me be a little more patient so i can wait till its finally released without going absolutely mad. 

Let's hope for Wednesday!!! The aircraft must be getting out of fuel. 

I'm finding it hard as well since I just have Steam Edition!! But I appreciate all PMDG work :)

In the moment I am flying the A320. It is time that my mechanics fixing my 737. It is time to move them out of my hangar again. :)

I thought another person was brought in last year to help "unstick" the DC-6 project. So is it shelved indefinitely or did everyone on that team get put on steam updates?  

I thought another person was brought in last year to help "unstick" the DC-6 project. So is it shelved indefinitely or did everyone on that team get put on steam updates?  

Work continues on all of the projects. Recently, more resources have been thrown at the more immediate push to get the FSX:SE updates out.

Pick off the low hanging fruit, so to speak...

Kyle Rodgers

I didn't understood well...

The release of SP1d will be simultaneous to the FSX:SE version?

Regards.

Bruno Teixeira.
W11 PRO x64 | i9 13900k | RTX4090 | 32GB DDR5 | MSFS

The release of SP1d will be simultaneous to the FSX:SE version?

SP1d is the FSX:SE version.

In other words, the installer will support both FSX:SE and FSX.

Kyle Rodgers

oK. Thanks

Bruno Teixeira.
W11 PRO x64 | i9 13900k | RTX4090 | 32GB DDR5 | MSFS

SP1d is the FSX:SE version.

In other words, the installer will support both FSX:SE and FSX.

Good! And how do I get the updated version? I don't have the product yet. Should I buy it after the release? Will it come updated?

Good! And how do I get the updated version? I don't have the product yet. Should I buy it after the release? Will it come updated?

I'd recommend buying it after we release the update. Any time you purchase a product it's up to date as of that moment. We don't like putting users through installing a bunch of service packs right after they buy something.

Kyle Rodgers