Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

What is everyone's top five airports in terms of FPS and quality

Quality Fly Tampa Toronto

Performance Flightbeam Denver

I don't "do" FSDT or Flightbeam, as I don't "do" Virtuali Addon Manager / Couatl.

Which, incidentally, are one of the REASONS why fps are so good. In a thread dedicated to "best fps airports", it seemed appropriate to remind about it. Let's see some screenshots, just taken, obviously under the same exact settings, just before/after installing FSDT KLAX.

Default KLAX under P3D 2.5

2015-2-25_21-12-5-374.jpg

FSDT KLAX under P3D 2.5

2015-2-25_21-18-42-318.jpg

My video card is a not-so-new nVidia GTX 670, and my system is not the best for sheer performances, because it's a Xeon 2.66 Ghz (MacPro 2009 model), users with better video cards and faster i7 will do much better, but the point that FSDT KLAX runs FASTER THAN DEFAULT.

P.S.

I add that, thanks to the performance advantage we get by using the Virtuali Addon Manager / Couatl, ALL 125 JETWAYS at KLAX are WORKING...

P.P.S.S.

I see that Flightbeam is getting very good marks on this thread. Incidentally, they ALSO "do" the Addon Manager / Couatl...

Flightbeam KPHX

Flightbeam KDEN

Flytamper OMDB

Taxitogate Instanbul

Taxitogate OTHH

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Orbx KPSP

FB KDEN

FB KPHX

FSDT KLAX

FSDT KLAS

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Flightbeam KDEN

Taxi2Gate Istanbul

LHSimulations Budapest

FSDT Vancouver

ORBX KPSP

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Taxi2gate VHHH Hong Kong

ORBX YBCS Cairns is amazing and P3D native

ORBX AYPY Jackson's is also excellent and P3D native.

I have all the FlyTampa and FSDT but haven't flown to from them in P3D yet.

How is everyone's performance with Flightbeam San Fran?

Orbx, FSDT, Flightbeam, Fly Tampa.. All have excellent intl airports... The question is really about where would you like to fly...

Depends if you want to fly tubeliners or GA really. Off the top of my head for GA I would recommend ORBX, Vidan Design, and Sim 720. I'm sure there are more I just cant think of them right now!

Thanks guys!   A real mix there with some obvious overall favourities which is exactly what I thought they would be.

I had every airport under the sun with fsx for many years.  But Ive just done a massive hardware upgrade to my PC including a 40' 4k monitor, a 970 strix card and a pfc beech yoke.  My flightsim budget is well and truly shot for now, but I've made up my mind on the airports.

Flytampa Dubai

Flytampa Toronto

Flytampa Copenhagen

FSDT Las Vegas

FSDT JFK

Flytampa Vienna 

I'm still running a stable P3D 2.4. and have decided to stick with it forseeably.  I don't see any overwhelming reason to change to 2.5

Thanks all

I want to throw in the hat for LatinVFR San Diego, KSAN.  Great work and they tend to not be thought of as I top tier when first mentioning developers.  Same with PacificSim.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit