Sign in to follow this  
chiozza

FSC 9.6 Flight Sim Commander P3D Flight Plan Path

Yes I can export to a documents directory no issue.

If you can export to one kind of directory, then you should be able to export to the 777 folder in the same manner. Must be some kind of permissions issue or finger trouble.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

And here was me thinking that PMDG wanted the help in maintaining their forum rules.......?!

I have started saying instead of "Please sign your posts blah blah blah" rather, "A suggestion, PMDG want you to sign your posts", without it coming across as me back seat moderating. Kyle? Thought?

If you see something wrong with a post here you can report it to a moderator and let them take care of it..

To be honest, I appreciate the help with people pointing to the rules. If it's part of an ad hominem attack, that's where I draw the line (e.g. "Your viewpoint is stupid. And look, you can't even follow the rules.")

It's one fewer time I have to type it myself, which is more frequent than I'd like to admit, and it's usually new members, in which case I feel guilty for slapping with warning points, so I have to just eat the irritation. Better to have another member guide them than have me get snippy.

And here was me thinking that PMDG wanted the help in maintaining their forum rules.......?!

Seeing that I've encouraged you to do it, provided it's clean, I'll take the heat from the global mods. I'd be even more irritated if I had to clean up a whole bunch of reported posts after the fact. I'm sure cops feel the same way when people make citizen's reports. Better to address it in the moment.

I have started saying instead of "Please sign your posts blah blah blah" rather, "A suggestion, PMDG want you to sign your posts", without it coming across as me back seat moderating. Kyle? Thought?

As long as it gets the point across without being too snarky, I don't mind it.

"It's a forum rule to sign your name to your posts here: [link]," seems pretty innocuous to me. As mentioned, as long as it's not part of an ad hominem attack, I actually appreciate it. I'm beyond tired of typing it, to be honest.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks Kyle.

In Australia you'd be known as a Top Bloke  B)

In Australia you'd be known as a Top Bloke
Don't forget the "good on ya mate!" Or is that more us Kiwis?

Oh that's very much Aussie too. I can be excused for forgetting that part, I'm a Scotsman in Australia  :lol:

Oh that's very much Aussie too. I can be excused for forgetting that part, I'm a Scotsman in Australia  :lol:

I was about to say, even my Scot friend (Dundee) says "good on ya mate."

Here, we just don't give compliments because we're awkward and rude (though not as bad as NYC, where calling someone something derogatory is almost more of a compliment). To be honest, any time I'm going into DC and meeting people there (i.e. traveling alone), I wear headphones so people leave me the heck alone. And yes, I've even had my iPod die, and I left them in to keep people away. Weird people on our Metro system...

Kyle Rodgers

Here, we just don't give compliments because we're awkward and rude (though not as bad as NYC, where calling someone something derogatory is almost more of a compliment). To be honest, any time I'm going into DC and meeting people there (i.e. traveling alone), I wear headphones so people leave me the heck alone. And yes, I've even had my iPod die, and I left them in to keep people away. Weird people on our Metro system...
A sad result of modern society. Everyone seems to be far more militant than I used to remember!

I was about to say, even my Scot friend (Dundee) says "good on ya mate."

Must be a Dundee thing :P From up my way in Aberdeen, we grunt like cavemen offshore on the oil rigs  :lol:

It's funny you mention that because whenever I've been on holiday to the states (LA, NYC, Norfolk VA, DC, Orlando) people have been nothing but pleasant and helpful?! Did I miss something?

It's funny you mention that because whenever I've been on holiday to the states (LA, NYC, Norfolk VA, DC, Orlando) people have been nothing but pleasant and helpful?! Did I miss something?

Did you miss something? Yeah...you missed however long you spent in Norfolk, VA. You will never get that time back. You will never. Get. It. Back.

In all honesty, it's not a terrible place, but if I had the choice I'd head a little farther south for better and cheaper beaches. The people aren't too bad down there. Despite my earlier anti-social post, I was usually pretty nice to tourists when I ran across them up here. They were usually so completely obviously dumbfounded that they walked off on the "business" side of the Smithsonian Metro stop (where my office was), and not on the side that dumps you right onto the National Mall, that I usually - in my typical DC rush - just pointed in the direction of the Mall and said "museums are that way - have a good one." We're just not usually very open with locals. When you're in the South, you wave to just about anyone when you pass them on back roads and the other person will wave back. Here? You just get nasty looks of confusion.

Kyle Rodgers

Did you miss something? Yeah...you missed however long you spent in Norfolk, VA. You will never get that time back. You will never. Get. It. Back.

In all honesty, it's not a terrible place, but if I had the choice I'd head a little farther south for better and cheaper beaches. The people aren't too bad down there. Despite my earlier anti-social post, I was usually pretty nice to tourists when I ran across them up here. They were usually so completely obviously dumbfounded that they walked off on the "business" side of the Smithsonian Metro stop (where my office was), and not on the side that dumps you right onto the National Mall, that I usually - in my typical DC rush - just pointed in the direction of the Mall and said "museums are that way - have a good one." We're just not usually very open with locals. When you're in the South, you wave to just about anyone when you pass them on back roads and the other person will wave back. Here? You just get nasty looks of confusion.

Haha It wasn't by choice, I performed in the Virginia International Tattoo so I was there for a week.

What makes the Floridians(?) such jolly folks? All that Disney?

Haha It wasn't by choice, I performed in the Virginia International Tattoo so I was there for a week.

What makes the Floridians(?) such jolly folks? All that Disney?

Nicer weather and sunshine, perhaps. Probably a better question for Pete (Froogle) - he's from down there. And you're correct: Floridians. Our lot is Washingtonians, or (Northern) Virginians. Up here, it's a little chillier, both with the climate and the fact that you cannot escape politics. Thus the change in demeanor.

Kyle Rodgers

Up here, it's a little chillier, both with the climate and the fact that you cannot escape politics.

Don't go to London....they have bankers too!