Sign in to follow this  
jport1

FS2 Voice Stopped working with new PMDG SP1(d)(Update)

I re-downloaded the New NGX v1.10.6436 full installer to pick up the new updates since there is no incremental installer.  This version supports steam and classic FSX and includes the new weather radar if you have Active Sky Next installed.  Unfortunately it appears that FS2 is not compatible and I am informed at start up to seek support here at FS2Crew.

Anyway, I know it is hard to keep up with all the changes, but do you know if I need to uninstall FS2 and wait until there is a compatible installer for FS2Crew?

Please advise, soonest.

Joe

Joe Porter

ngxu_banner.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Beta_Tester.jpg

I installed Emergency and I don't get the warning in the cabin but now get CTD.  I also get the warning after install that I need to have SP1C installed.  The new installer is a new FULL install and includes all the updates. 

Help appreciated.

JP

Joe Porter

ngxu_banner.png

The NGX Version of FS2Crew doesn't *officially* work with the new NGX Update, although some (including myself) have it working with Prepar3D. There are a few posts in this forum from people saying they have it working (much to the surprise of Bryan York the developer!)

If you're really having a lot of problems at the moment, just be safe in the knowledge that FS2Crew are working on a 'reboot' of the NGX version that will fully support the NGX new features which should be available "Soon"

(It's a paid upgrade btw, with discount available to customers)

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

I uninstalled FS2Crew, the 600-700, and the 800-900 base pack, then installed SP1D in reverse order, FS2Crew last. Ignored the SP1C warning and it has worked fine. Others have reported the same.

Brian Johnson

i9-9900K (OC 5.0), ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Z390, Nvidia 2080Ti, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, OS on Samsung 860 EVO 1TB M.2, P3D on SanDisk Ultra 3D NAND 2TB SSD

Thanks guys, I know that Bryan will be on it,(always is) and I will struggle thru it and give it another go.  I installed the new full PMDG (SP1d) installer over the old NGX install, uninstalled FS2 and then installed the FS2 NGX then FS2 Emergency.  I just keep getting the 1c warning, ignore it.  Now I will start all over and see if I can get it to work.  The CTD's now are concerning.

thanks for the feedback.

Joe 

Joe Porter

ngxu_banner.png

I installed the new full PMDG (SP1d) installer over the old NGX install, uninstalled FS2 and then installed the FS2 NGX then FS2 Emergency

Have you made your own panel states  at all?

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

yes, but were for another paint that i deleted when i used the new NGX installer to update the 737NGX

Joe Porter

ngxu_banner.png

I uninstalled FS2Crew, the 600-700, and the 800-900 base pack, then installed SP1D in reverse order, FS2Crew last. Ignored the SP1C warning and it has worked fine. Others have reported the same.

Correct, the SP1C warning can be ignored.

I don't recommend using your own panel states.  Use the default Long, Short or Cold and Dark panel states.

And never used saved panel states.  The default aircraft should always be the trike.

Saved panel states often causes complex 3rd party airplanes not to load properly.  Even PMDG recommends against them.

Cheers,

I think the issue with creating your own panel states is with the long, short, and cold and dark panel states some users (myself included) have reported fuel and anti-ice warnings when using anything other than the default panel state - it's a apparently a bug that's being looked at. The suggested short term work-around is using the default panel state and then creating your own long, short, and cold and dark panel states manually. I believe the issue may be that of the panel states that came with SP1D, only the default was created with the current service pack, while the others were older files. I'm not speaking for PMDG, but I believe that was the difference between the buggy and non-buggy panel states, therefore the suggestion of replicating long, short, and cold and dark manually from the non-bugged default state.

Brian Johnson

i9-9900K (OC 5.0), ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Z390, Nvidia 2080Ti, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, OS on Samsung 860 EVO 1TB M.2, P3D on SanDisk Ultra 3D NAND 2TB SSD

Saved panel states often causes complex 3rd party airplanes not to load properly. Even PMDG recommends against them.

I don't recommend using your own panel states. Use the default Long, Short or Cold and Dark panel states.

Seems  that pmdg have found a work around here  by  creating  your own panel  states as the link provided

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/463926-recall-error/

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg