Sign in to follow this  
yorgosGK

Popcorn clouds continue in 2.5.12944

+1

Nothing a matter with texture loading my end and am very fussy about it. Even flying into EGLL over the city I got perfect texture loading.

The only time I have had texture load problems and stutter is when I deleted my shader file. Copied the back up back in all was fine. People mess around to much imo.

This. No texture loading problems. But then no FTX...

What are you presuming? Sorry are you presuming I don't run FTX? FTX ENG, no, but...

I run FTX Global/Vector/OLC.

I fly pretty much 90% of the time the NG/777 How I run them with P3D and within Global/Vector/OLC is all there for the world to see below.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

but the temporary cloud.fx edit

Can i know what  is temporary fix and what the method of edit.. 

Can i know what  is temporary fix and what the method of edit.. 

Read this very topic, its on page 2

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/464547-popcorn-clouds-continue-in-2512944/?p=3200162

To find out where to find files, use this one its a sticky the second one in these forums

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/457324-solution-to-p3d-v24-and-v23-vertical-cloud-issue/?p=3131120

But all this info is in this topic. But it is a bit long now.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Read this very topic, its on page 2

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/464547-popcorn-clouds-continue-in-2512944/?p=3200162

To find out where to find files, use this one its a sticky the second one in these forums

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/457324-solution-to-p3d-v24-and-v23-vertical-cloud-issue/?p=3131120

But all this info is in this topic. But it is a bit long now.

I got this entry on cloud.fx   

void GetScreenQuadPositions( out float4x3 output, in float width, in float height )
{
    float halfWidth = width;
    float halfHeight = height;
    /// VALUE // Quadrant
    output[0].x = -halfWidth;   //-1
output[0].y = -halfHeight;  //-1
output[0].z = 0;

output[1].x =  halfWidth;   // 1
output[1].y = -halfHeight;  //-1
output[1].z = 0;

output[2].x = -halfWidth;   // -1
output[2].y =  halfHeight;  //  1
output[2].z = 0;

output[3].x = halfWidth;    // 1
output[3].y = halfHeight;   // 1
output[3].z = 0;

Where shall i change and add entry for temporary Fix

Best Regards

Where shall i change and add entry for temporary Fix

You need to go further down the file, mine's on line 293 (v2.4)

GetScreenQuadPositions( quad, width*0.65, height*0.65 );

Jim is right.

You need to read up.

You need to go further down the file, mine's on line 293 (v2.4)

GetScreenQuadPositions( quad, width*0.65, height*0.65 );

Thank you very much Jim 

Best Regards

Thank you NyyxUK

I go .63 to ''hide' my popcorn clouds not "fix" lol

Also you see a lot of screenshots people claiming clouds are fine...well a lot of them are not over FL310-FL350+ (where you see them the most).

I am OKAY (I guess) with using the quad width + height workaround for now, I would love to see this get resolved.

Knowing I have a manual/personal touch in my cloud.fx coding makes it hard to sleep at night! (lol)

George Kyriazis | www.georgekonline.com

ELB729.png

What are you presuming? Sorry are you presuming I don't run FTX? FTX ENG, no, but...

I run FTX Global/Vector/OLC.

I fly pretty much 90% of the time the NG/777 How I run them with P3D and within Global/Vector/OLC is all there for the world to see below.

Sorry, being confusing! I mean me - I have no problems with texture loading, but then I don't have any FTX products.

I see  :smile:

Global on its own will not give any texture loading problems they just replace standard, OLC are better but again should not be a problem.

Vector is where problems can start, with all options ON it uses 300 VAS and also some setting seem to induce stutters for some, Rob even found this. But with most of the setting OFF leaving nice coast line etc then all three work fine. 

I too have blurred textures and light issues in 2.5, even with the latest hotfix. Tempted to return to 2.4 but that will take a whole day. The popcorn cloud issue is also really frustrating. It seems like the problem gets even worse at higher latitudes.  

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

I too have blurred textures and light issues in 2.5, even with the latest hotfix. Tempted to return to 2.4 but that will take a whole day. The popcorn cloud issue is also really frustrating. It seems like the problem gets even worse at higher latitudes.  

I would wait on going back to 2.4 as I also have some issues with blurred terrain textures - starting to notice that fps set to unlimited (this is only with f-22 - heavy hitters will probably require unlimited) dont know yet as I am trying to figure this out with basic aircraft first - so I spent a lot of time going back to 2.4 as you can only have one version running - all ready tried to have both - impossible - you will have to do a lot of registry cleaning to go backwards and I could only get it to install using the small size installer - so right now I have matched my monitor refresh to 60 in fps slider and looks better - but have to install the must installs - rex - global and go from there - I think LM will clear things up with future patches so hang in there and at least try the settings I have mentioned and I would wait a bit to see what LM can come up with - others are saying they dont have blurry terrain so thinking it may be hardware and settings combined type of fix for now

Rich Sennett

I would wait on going back to 2.4 as I also have some issues with blurred terrain textures - starting to notice that fps set to unlimited (this is only with f-22 - heavy hitters will probably require unlimited) dont know yet as I am trying to figure this out with basic aircraft first - so I spent a lot of time going back to 2.4 as you can only have one version running - all ready tried to have both - impossible - you will have to do a lot of registry cleaning to go backwards and I could only get it to install using the small size installer - so right now I have matched my monitor refresh to 60 in fps slider and looks better - but have to install the must installs - rex - global and go from there - I think LM will clear things up with future patches so hang in there and at least try the settings I have mentioned and I would wait a bit to see what LM can come up with - others are saying they dont have blurry terrain so thinking it may be hardware and settings combined type of fix for now

Do you have runway light issues as well? Meaning they are big, blurry and blobby right until you approach them? I've tried changing the airport lights in REX but nothing seems to matter.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Do you have runway light issues as well? Meaning they are big, blurry and blobby right until you approach them? I've tried changing the airport lights in REX but nothing seems to matter.

I also have an issue with runway lights ever since 2.4 (I'm now on 2.5). My runway and taxiway lights are bright and well visible until I get closer. When I get closer then all the lights in a circle around the aircraft get darker and loose all the bloom effect. Never found out what that is... Runway lights are really a mistery since the release of 2.0...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT