Sign in to follow this  
yorgosGK

Popcorn clouds continue in 2.5.12944

So no Fix for the PopCorn clouds?

no

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

So no Fix for the PopCorn clouds?

Nope, just work around's to minimize the "effect" or good old acceptance that it is what it is  :lol:

2.5 the clouds are broken and my textures are blurred

Absolutely correct - the post of the day - I have been ruffling some feathers over this but no one believes me or will admit it - went back to 2.4 and that was no easy task - bang all my pristine textures are back - not happy about going to 2.4 as you have to deal with broken lights and effects and mainly my precipitfx and T777 immersion is not made for 2.4 - only 2.5 and beyond - thats not good

Rich Sennett

Absolutely correct - the post of the day - I have been ruffling some feathers over this but no one believes me or will admit it - went back to 2.4 and that was no easy task - bang all my pristine textures are back - not happy aboyut going to 2.4 as you have to deal with broken lights and effects and mainly my precipitfx and T777 immersion is not made for 2.4 - only 2.5 and beyond - thats not good

Rich did you compare the cloud.fx file?

André

Try experimenting in ASN with turning off convert all broken layers to 7/8 and increasing cloud layers to more than 5. I never see popcorn clouds with REX TD 4 and there must be a reason that my results are different.

Rich did you compare the cloud.fx file?

No Andre - spent my weekend trying to get my blurry terrain textures to play right - that never happened - no big deal just admit it and I can wait - me thinks this new folder structure and other changes nets Us more fps at a cost - was not worth it imo as I didn't have an fps issue to begin with

This popcorn thing is hit or miss as I spent my weekend loading 2.5 no popcorn and 2.4 no popcorn - but have seen it in the past did nothing different this weekend yet no popcorn - go figure

Rich Sennett

Richard, I uninstalled P3D 2.5 today then reinstalled it but this time I have left out FTX Global and Vector.

I am getting somewhat clearer textures now with Texture Filtering-negative Lod bias set to allow and with Lod bias (DX) set to -0.5000 in NI

The clouds are a lost cause, I have thrown every texture set and weather engine that I own at them and they still refuse to behave.

FTX Global looks worse in P3D 2.5 than it does in FSX DX10, it is saturated enough to start with in FSX, P3D's lighting does it no favours at all so I will do without it for now.

I may just wait on 2.6 now as I really cannot use this Sim in it's present state.

Richard, I uninstalled P3D 2.5 today then reinstalled it but this time I have left out FTX Global and Vector.

I'm with you Buddy - lets hope they can address this - 2.4 was great why didn't they just fix the few things with what they were working with all ready - no they added more complexity which broke the most important thing to me which is pristine terrain textures and spot plane AA is a mess now too - main reason I dumped FSX - first time I opened P3D - what a breath of fresh air it was now back to fsx blurry days in 2.5 - not saying they will not fix it but at least tell Us its an issue that will be addressed - posted in LM forums falling on deaf ears - others will notice this and it will come out in the wash - my biggest two pet peeves and 2.5 brought them back thats why I am a bit upset

Rich Sennett

I feel that LM need to widen their beta team and consider running with two branches of the code, A Stable/Production branch and a testing branch.

Get the code stable and working correctly but work on the testing branch with the beta teams, release the code only when it is ready for general consumption.

P3D as it stands today just seems like one beta after another, 2.3 seems like the most stable candidate that I have used so far. certainly that is the one that I actually flew a lot of hours in, since then I feel the quality has actually dropped off.

I would imagine the wider development community would welcome the chance to code against something that wasn't a constantly moving target as well. I would be happy if they cleaned up 2.5 and only then start working on the next version getting feedback from the Dev community and the testers before they release production versions.

Software that sells for the price of P3D (in all it's versions) needs to be more polished than it is at the present time.

Software that sells for the price of P3D (in all it's versions) needs to be more polished than it is at the present time.

I disagree with this statement. P3d 2.5 Has very little, if anything "wrong" with it. It is extremely stable and given all the advancements that have been made in Version 2, it is remarkable that it runs so well on so many combinations of hardware and software. I was just flying the RealAir Turbine Duke V2  in the Caribbean and I was marveling at the rain on the windshield and ASN's ability to produce realistic weather. P3d in my opinion, is the most advanced of the 4 flight simulators (counting FSX Gold and FSX-SE as two). The others don't even come close (mostly because of the quality and quantity of add-ons) and the gap is widening with every new add-on that is introduced.

I disagree with this statement. P3d 2.5 Has very little, if anything "wrong" with it. It is extremely stable and given all the advancements that have been made in Version 2, it is remarkable that it runs so well on so many combinations of hardware and software. I was just flying the RealAir Turbine Duke V2  in the Caribbean and I was marveling at the rain on the windshield and ASN's ability to produce realistic weather. P3d in my opinion, is the most advanced of the 4 flight simulators (counting FSX Gold and FSX-SE as two). The others don't even come close (mostly because of the quality and quantity of add-ons) and the gap is widening with every new add-on that is introduced.

+1

Nothing a matter with texture loading my end and am very fussy about it. Even flying into EGLL over the city I got perfect texture loading.

The only time I have had texture load problems and stutter is when I deleted my shader file. Copied the back up back in all was fine. People mess around to much imo.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Nothing wrong with texture loading here also.

For the first time I have created a couple of graphics profiles within P3D - VFR and IFR. With VFR virtually everything is at max apart from building autogen and all textures load without issue (unless doing 700 mph at 500 feet).

Popcorn clouds are an issue in some circumstances, but the temporary cloud.fx edit helps with this.

All in all very happy with 2.5 and the way it is heading.

Reading current P3d woes reminds me of another terrible performing platform that 10 years later Is having the same issues.

FSX may have the same issues 10 years later if you are still trying to run it on 10 year old hardware.

These days running under DX10 with modern hardware it is running very well indeed.

But then you would not know that for yourself, probably tried the demo and still think it runs like it did back then.

P3D will never run well on a G620 and GTX9800 for the simple reason that hardware has moved on, as has everyone else.