Sign in to follow this  
yorgosGK

Popcorn clouds continue in 2.5.12944

But if I can get 1 REX+OD theme to look like it did in FSX, I would settle on that and be a very happy P3D simmer. It's worth a try.

Worth a try, yes. But don't forget that Overdrive and Tex-Direct cumulus clouds are more or less the same, they are simply photorealistic cutouts of cloud parts, spread into 16 small squared areas.

In the 67 cumulus variations of Overdive there are quite a few, where simply the order is changed in the matrix but the actual photos are the same.

The only advantage and at the same time the drawback with both the default and the Rex "soft" clouds are the simplicity of them, which make them look a bit unrealistic.

I agree that in FSX clouds looked a bit better, simply because in FSX they appear to be much more blurred.

Potroh

This was with Rex Texture Direct:

clouds.jpg?psid=1

And this was after installing REX Overdrive again: 

2015-3-16_20-55-23-199.jpg?psid=1

2015-3-16_21-29-50-731.jpg?psid=1

Please repost, image links broken/unavailable, thanks!

This was with Rex Texture Direct:

Yes broken here also

Rich Sennett

I would be interested in hearing from more people that have both Overdrive and REX 4.  I am experiencing the problem with REX 4 but if Overdrive cures the issue I will certainly pay the $5 to activate OD in P3D.  I was going to pay that anyway to get back to the sheer volume OD library, but I assumed REX 4 would be a better fit for for P3D.

Has anyone brought this up on REX forums?  Seems a bit rubbish that the REX program made specifically with P3D in mind would perform worse than the older Overdrive product.

I am experiencing the problem with REX 4 but if Overdrive cures the issue I will certainly pay the $5 to activate OD in P3D.

Why would you have to pay 5$ to activate OD - You bought it once I have not seen anything about paying more for something you all ready bought ?

Rich Sennett

Why would you have to pay 5$ to activate OD - You bought it once I have not seen anything about paying more for something you all ready bought ?

It is my understanding that you need to pay that small fee to make the FSX version of OD compatible with P3D.

It is my understanding that you need to pay that small fee to make the FSX version of OD compatible with P3D.

Link Dave stating that - thanks

Rich Sennett

I bought it once as well, but for some reason I coudn't reactivate it again, following the instructions. So I paid another $5.

Old situation, with REX Texture Direct:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2PfzD9EAcyDYW04dW9Val9RUVE/view?usp=sharing

After installing REX Overdrive again:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2PfzD9EAcyDZ21IcThtd2ZScUE/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2PfzD9EAcyDWmdUY1hBWVE3QnM/view?usp=sharing

As for REX texture direct you could try the following combination which should minimize the effect at least....

Set 01:  Cirrus- Cumulus

Set 18:  Soft clouds

André

As for REX texture direct you could try the following combination which should minimize the effect at least....

Set 01:  Cirrus- Cumulus

Set 18:  Soft clouds

Do you mean Set 16...not such thing as set 18.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Do you mean Set 16...not such thing as set 18.

In the GUI of REX texture direct it's set 18 :-) and in the GUI of RX soft clouds it's set 02

André

In the GUI of REX texture direct it's set 18 :-) and in the GUI of RX soft clouds it's set 02

Ahh ok got it!

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

I never bought overdrive.....its older than TD4. I've only bought TD4.

Can anyone from REX comment on why overdrive seems to work okay?

George Kyriazis | www.georgekonline.com

ELB729.png

I bought it once as well, but for some reason I coudn't reactivate it again, following the instructions. So I paid another $5.

Old situation, with REX Texture Direct:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2PfzD9EAcyDYW04dW9Val9RUVE/view?usp=sharing

After installing REX Overdrive again:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2PfzD9EAcyDZ21IcThtd2ZScUE/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2PfzD9EAcyDWmdUY1hBWVE3QnM/view?usp=sharing

These images were made in different situations and with different metars.

Popcorn clouds appear only in specific situations and are caused by P3D.

In fact also appear with default clouds.