Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mik75

P3D 2.5, REX soft clouds & FSGRW

Hi there!

I really like how REX´s soft clouds look in P3D 2.5 with FS Global Real Weather providing the WX.

Here are some pics from my latest FSE flight, enroute to EGXH:

cwwyce31bybv9xu6s.jpg

cwwyevh7gha09v9qs.jpg

cwwyf40y4466gyfpw.jpg

cwwztiovurx5013is.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thanks guys!

I like FSGRW as well. But especially with REX Soft Clouds and in P3D 2.5, it creates some very convincingly looking weather!

Nice shots. And FSGRW to me depicts weather extremely well. Not just fluffy eye candy cumulus all the time.

Yes ASN still use way to much cumulus clouds and especially in P3D you get this ugly cotton ball sky.

Thank you!

Another great feature of FSGRW are the local weather things like challenging winds at LOWI, LPMA, etc.

Great shots!  I will seriously consider getting the soft clouds package now.  I want to know about performance impact of them first, hence the wait.

At the risk of appearing a little dense, I don't quite understand when to select or change the different sets of cloud textures that Rex provides.  I think there are 16 of them.  Is it purely aesthetic preference?  Are you trying to match the expected whether on your route?  How often do you change your selections?

Thanks,

I tried of few of them and liked the first one, and that's what I use all the time. Normally, I don't change settings, cloud textures, etc. too often! ;-)