Sign in to follow this  
flightdynamics

P3D NGX Weather Radar help

All,

This question has probably been asked a hundred and one times but I shall ask as I can't find the answer anywhere.

I have the NGX in P3D and running ASN. How do I operate the weather radar? I select WXR from the EFIS control unit and I also select WXR and AUTO on the weather panel on the centre pedestal but I don't get any scanning of any sort on the ND display.

Do I have to drag and drop another file somewhere? I have ASN and AS connect all installed.

Regards.

Charlie Packman

I have the NGX in P3D and running ASN. How do I operate the weather radar? I select WXR from the EFIS control unit and I also select WXR and AUTO on the weather panel on the centre pedestal but I don't get any scanning of any sort on the ND display.

Is there any precipitation for the weather radar to be scanning? Weather radar is not a cloud finder. There must be precipitation in the vicinity in order for it to display something on the ND.

Kyle Rodgers

This question has probably been asked a hundred and one times but I shall ask as I can't find the answer anywhere.

You might find your answer here

http://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a109/weather-radar-troubleshooting.aspx

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

It would be nice to have a quickie tutorial on what each button does on the WX radar. I cannot find anything in the manuals.

Don Lillard

Try the link below. It is a general guide for Boeing aircraft however I found it quite useful.

MultiScan ThreatTrack Quick Reference Guide - Boeing

Regards

Ian

Ian Friend

MOBO: Asus P8P67-LE P67 (B3) | CPU: Intel i5 2500K O/C 4.5Ghz | Corsair Hydro H100i CPU Cooler | RAM: Kingston Hyperx 8GB 1600 MHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 | HDD1: Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD | HDD2: WD6400AAKS 640GB | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

I found this link which is the tutorial from Rockwell Collins for the WXR-2100 in .pdf format.

www.smartcockpit.com/download.php?path=docs/&file=Collins_WXR-2100_Operators_Guide.pdf

Don Lillard

I cannot find anything in the manuals.

I can guarantee you it will be in the FCOM/FCTM.