Sign in to follow this  
ST1322

I wish that PMDG would release light versions

I find the NGX can already be very 'light' if you load it up with the engines running you can program the FMC fairly quickly and be on your way, especially with the ZFW and V speeds automatically calculated for you.

Yes people who wish to fly like that, i agree that is "light"

It's a little like asking Ferrari to build a Fiat Punto 1.1

:lol:  :lol:

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I think I understand what OP wants. I'm quite certain OP wants now the same experience as I wanted a year ago - beautiful VC, good soundset, good fps, and MOST important of all - realistic flight model. And if you want to fly without fmc programming, with only AP heading/speed/altitude, you can withou issues. And PMDG is certainly on top with all features, and on top of all if you are into systems and procedures - you guessed, PMDG is the winner. You can take default 737 with upgraded cockpit from FSND and still the experience and immersion is worse by far, especially because flight model is utter c*ap. And I didn't started talking about the low detail displays, no TCAS and other radars, and so on. QW 757 is perfect medium-lite systems modeled addon aircraft, but I found the flight model unrealistic. CaptainSim FDE is much better tbh.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Thank you for replying. I found some useful answers and few actually tried to understand me. Ok, I'll explain a bit more into detail. I like everything that NGX and 777 offers. All but simulation of failures and for example cabin pressurization. I take it as off line simulator, not a real life thing. Many of you like as real as it gets. I'd like pmdg to give me a choice of purchasing a plane for let say 40$ that will not simulate certain functions or one for 80$ that will have it all.

I have both products. I have them since day one. I can fly, program and deal with failures as per the manual. It's great, but still a choice could be offered. I have other products offered as well. I prefer pmdg.

And don't hate me too much. It was simple question. Pmdg did not answer - yet. Maybe they will. It would be a change to standard talks about oom's caused by people expecting too much from their systems and settings :)

Tom Link

Tomi 

Use them how you like, set failures off spent 2 mins in the FMC and go fly how you like, each to there own.

As long as your enjoying them who care if your not flying by the book. Start with engines on, go fly.

But PMDG are PMDG and they don't do "light"...well that's not true JS was light "ish".

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

PMDG design products to be realistic. The failures can easily be shutoff so I do not see why you would need a totally separate product for that. It sounds like you just want a cheaper option to buy, since you do not use all the failures etc. I think the Majestic dash-8 had different pricing with their plane, but honestly I prefer one price. I may not use failures today but in the future I would like to have the option to use them.  I get what you are saying, but there are a lot of options you can use with pmdg software to modify your experience to your liking. If your having problems flying the plane you can pick up something like fs2crew for a virtual copilot which helps. If your just not happy with paying the price for options you don't use well those are the breaks. Someday you may decide you want to use those options.

Chris H 

For what it's worth, I still fly (and enjoy) the B1900D to this day B)

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Tomi,

I will never hate anybody for wishing something that does not harm anybody. I find that your request is honest and it does not offend me. In the case of PMDG it would not be a logical move. I think PMDG, with their past and present course, have already answered you and/or the world. For almost 2 decades PMDG has had a distinct and exclusive corner of the PC home based flight simulation market. The only thing that has changed with their present course is added realism, I never seen them go backwards. This request of yours is not for the likes of a company like PMDG in my view, knowing their course from the very beginning up to today. If you look just at their 777 chief pilot manual package, it is very complete and almost $400.00. To make the manual offerings somewhat unnecessary for a new "lite" product line that they add would seem a poor business decision; I remember when it was only manuals (pretty sure) that was offered...hence the name of the company.

I liken your request/question concerning PMDG products to something like asking Hilton Hotels to add some truck stop or cheap motel locations. I'm not making fun or a mockery of your request. Lets say there is something like a sudden 50% reduction in staff at PMDG or food prices worldwide suddenly go up 300% this could force PMDG (all companies really) to scale back or die. But until PMDG are in a situation that makes scaling back needed, its not a good thing to walk away from something that works. Just like Hilton does not and likely never will have truck stops or cheap motel locations, the PMDG course is set, and because it works well there are not enough good reasons to turn back.

Finally, I think the "choice" of multiple products in the form of a lite product offering and a separate professional offering is a possibility that could be doable, but it would likely increase the already seemingly endless (joking) waiting period between releases. We all know how the forums get when PMDG gives a sneak peak at what's next and we have to wait 9 months to hear that its now in beta. ugggh! lol.

Again, I don't hate you for your request, but I would hate it if PMDG lowerd their standards, or vastly increased the time it took to release dual products for the sake of offering a lite version.

There's already a perfectly good "lighter" alternative to PMDG's 737NGX. Why would PMDG have to dumb down their product?

Workload is light enough under normal operating conditions. Autopilot and the FMC do all the work for you.

If you think the workload in current PMDG add-ons is high, just wait until the DC-6B comes along  :lol:

If you think the workload in current PMDG add-ons is high, just wait until the DC-6B comes along  :lol:

This ^^^^  :lol:

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

on the contrary to post#7, I wonder how far does this software go.

I do start up, program plan and perf, use sids and stars, but seeing some videos on utube I am stunned at what it can do. I've seen people program two tracks which appear on ND, then they add a ton of stuff and the ND looks like an art creation done by Salvador Dali... with circles, dotted lines, arcs and doted arcs and two tracks sometimes in different colors.

And then they have OOM or unexpected fsx stopped working ( not because of pmdg but other stuff running along).

Thank you all for input. I know now. Topic can be closed.

Tom Link