Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[30MAR15] NGX Updates and some other News Bits

Hi All

Sorry if this has been asked before , but I have gone through the forum , with the new update for the NGX , do I have to re-install all my liveries that I have entered before or does it not effect them

Regards

Karl

Full names in the PMDG forums please.

The liveries are usually okay.  Open and close the Operations Center before the update just to ensure it has the latest list.  Run OC after the update and it will have livery notifications. Select REPAIR and OK and you should be good as new.

Dan Downs KCRP

What if one doesn't have the OC? I am on SP1C so still have the livery manager and performance manager. When I uninstall the SP1C version in preparation for this new NGX version, what happens to the liveries?

Hans Hjorth

Hans Hjorth

What if one doesn't have the OC? I am on SP1C so still have the livery manager and performance manager. When I uninstall the SP1C version in preparation for this new NGX version, what happens to the liveries?

Hans Hjorth

The OC is included in the SP1d update. It replaces both of those tools.

Kyle Rodgers

With only the NGX that has been installed, is it safe to delete the entire PMDG folder from my FSX install location?

There is still a bunch of folders wth files left after the uninstall of the SP1c version;

DEM (a bunch of .DEM files)

FLIGHTPLANS (.rte files)

icons (PMDG_Icon.ico)

Livery Manager (with the PMDG_Livery manager.exe still present)
NAVDATA (airports.dat, cycle_info etc)

PMDG 737 NGX (PanelState folder and two .ini files)
SIDSTARS (ICAO-coded .txt files (3752 items)

Thanks for your support,

Hans Hjorth

Hans Hjorth

With only the NGX that has been installed, is it safe to delete the entire PMDG folder from my FSX install location?

There is no need to do this.  The DEM files are used for Terrain features. The installer will not over write newer navdata and sidstars.  Sometimes reused panel states can be a problem but I have tested many builds since SP1B without deleting panel states.  If it were necessary to do this it would have been specified in the instructions.

Keep it simple and enjoy.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hans:

See Dan's post.... Then run the NEWEST (download in your account) installer and you ought to be good to go.  Let us know how you get on.....

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

If it is not any harm in doing so I would prefer to delete the whole lot (entire PMDG folder in my FSX install) rather than leave something behind that could cause issues (no matter how unlikely) with the new version.

Since the PMDG folder was created when installing the NGX SP1C (only PMDG product ever installed on my system) back in 2012 I can't see a reason why I should leave it and it's content left behind.

Best regards,

Hans Hjorth

Hans Hjorth

I am a box customer and went on the support page to get the installer, when I tried to install it, it didn't work. As when I tried to load the plane the yoke was in a weird position, and above the standby instruments there was a black patch, and I could click any switches... Just like before the "update"

please, please, please can someone help, or can I get a full refund as I only got it for steam not realising the issue at the time.

Aerosoft download for DVD customers is now available, no announcement of it or anything.....

Aerosoft download for DVD customers is now available, no announcement of it or anything.....

The very first post in this thread stated that we had provided it to Aerosoft. The rest of it is up to them, really. Several people in the forum here reported that they had gotten the update, so I'm not sure what more you were looking for.

Kyle Rodgers

The very first post in this thread stated that we had provided it to Aerosoft. The rest of it is up to them, really. Several people in the forum here reported that they had gotten the update, so I'm not sure what more you were looking for.

How about Easter eggs?

it was only to tell it was there. Nothing PMDG should or could do.

How about Easter eggs?

it was only to tell it was there. Nothing PMDG should or could do.

They're probably on super sale at your local store.

Thinking of, I think I'm gonna go score some super cheap candy...

Kyle Rodgers

I am a box customer and went on the support page to get the installer, when I tried to install it, it didn't work. As when I tried to load the plane the yoke was in a weird position, and above the standby instruments there was a black patch, and I could click any switches... Just like before the "update"

please, please, please can someone help, or can I get a full refund as I only got it for steam not realising the issue at the time.

Hi, Tom,

From where, precisely, did you download the installation file?  Was it from your PMDG store account?  Do you have both steam and boxed versions on the same computer?

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2