Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[30MAR15] NGX Updates and some other News Bits

info about the 747 v2 please

If and when there's info to share, they'll share it in a stickied post at the top of the PMDG forums.

Clearly, there were other priorities for this thread.

Hello,

I'm trying now for about 24 hours to reach the site of https://www.precisionmanuals.com/ProductCart/pc/Checkout.asp?cmode=1 to download the updates in my personal account, but with no result .

The site for login is not accessible via Chrome and Explorer. Am I the only one ??

Thanks,

SOLVED!!

Edited by jovi198

Greetings/Groeten,

John

The Netherlands

Pilot KLMVA (KLM052) / Transavia (TRA1548) and TNT Cargo (TAY1117)

Working fine here ... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

It's working perfectly for me too...

You haven't, by any chance, edited the hosts file on your computer, have you? :)

The problem may also lie with your ISP (the provider). Try changing the DNS address to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 (Google Public DNS).

Thanks to all at PMDG for this update which fixes the minor issues in SP1d such as the central cautions that won't clear and EFIS/MAP display issues in TERR and WXR. I notice some panel states have been slightly changed, for example some cabin and cargo doors are now open in the SHORT state, which matches the 777.

One question about the installer. Every time you run it it also runs the Microsoft DX9c installer. When that runs it of course finds DirectX is already up to date so does nothing. Each time I have to remember to uncheck the "install Bing bar" option first. Is there no way the PMDG installer could check DirectX status for itself and so not launch the annoying Microsoft installer?

ki9cAAb.jpg

I notice some panel states have been slightly changed, for example some cabin and cargo doors are now open in the SHORT state, which matches the 777.

Yeah, Ryan re-did those from scratch in order to kill the panel state issue. I imagine we could set up some sort of PMDG Standard for Panel States, but there's no fully defined state yet. There are slight differences between the FSX and P3D states, too, as I did the latter.

One question about the installer. Every time you run it it also runs the Microsoft DX9c installer. When that runs it of course finds DirectX is already up to date so does nothing. Each time I have to remember to uncheck the "install Bing bar" option first. Is there no way the PMDG installer could check DirectX status for itself and so not launch the annoying Microsoft installer?

Not to my knowledge. I believe our installer is simply launching the MS DX9 installer, which, of course, has the bloatware in it. If you're absolutely sure you have a newer version of DX9 (which you should by now), you can just cancel it. With how many times we uninstall/reinstall with all of the beta builds, it saves a bunch of time by just killing it and not asking it to check against the installed version.

Kyle Rodgers

I wish you would add the version number, for example, 6461, to the installer file name.

Thanks.

Dick Parker in Northeast Ohio USA

Windows 10 64-bit | Nvidia GTX 1080 | ORBX | P3D 4.4.16.27077

Sooooo upset, as I have been waiting for the box update for ages, and now when it comes out I'm on holiday in Montreal, and my laptop is at home...

A quick question, while in full manual landing mode, I had to abort it, so I advanced throttle to max. then adjusted the pitch higher, retracted gear  and started to retract the flaps as per schedule......Now before reaching the holding altitude or reaching the correct speed (240knts) I tried to activate the left CMD, the green light flashes and get turned off again (the plane was following FD correctly)....... After several attempts I tried the right CMD it responded correctly.......I couldn't get the left CMD to work tell I landed again, my final landing was manual .....Is this normal behavior ? 

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

The "Bing" thing in the DX installer is annoying, but (after getting caught a couple of times), I'm always looking out to uncheck it now!

PS..... I'm sure there are MS DX installers that don't have the Bing bloatware - eg.. the Majestic Q400 installers also launch a DX installer on each version install, and there's no Bing bloatware there to have to uncheck.

A quick question, while in full manual landing mode, I had to abort it, so I advanced throttle to max. then adjusted the pitch higher, retracted gear  and started to retract the flaps as per schedule......Now before reaching the holding altitude or reaching the correct speed (240knts) I tried to activate the left CMD, the green light flashes and get turned off again (the plane was following FD correctly)....... After several attempts I tried the right CMD it responded correctly.......I couldn't get the left CMD to work tell I landed again, my final landing was manual .....Is this normal behavior ? 

Did you disconnect the A/P, or did you just haul back on the yoke? If you just hauled back on the yoke, you probably broke the shear pin. This is discussed pretty early on in the intro manual.

Kyle Rodgers

Did you disconnect the A/P, or did you just haul back on the yoke? If you just hauled back on the yoke, you probably broke the shear pin. This is discussed pretty early on in the intro manual.

I always disconnect using the horizontal handle bellow the AP buttons .....If I want to engage AP I push it back in place ?

Alaa A. Riad

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

I always disconnect using the horizontal handle bellow the AP buttons .....If I want to engage AP I push it back in place ?

Yes, but that's not the right way to do it anyway.

Set up an AP DISCONNECT key command, or press the button on the yoke. You will need to press this button (either by clicking on the button on the yoke, or via your key command) TWICE - once to disable the AP, and a second time to silence the alarm. This is how the real plane works, and how pilots are supposed to disconnect the AP.

Kyle Rodgers

Yes, but that's not the right way to do it anyway.

Set up an AP DISCONNECT key command, or press the button on the yoke. You will need to press this button (either by clicking on the button on the yoke, or via your key command) TWICE - once to disable the AP, and a second time to silence the alarm. This is how the real plane works, and how pilots are supposed to disconnectMany 

Many thanks Kyle I will keep it in mind :)

Alaa A. Riad

Has anyone had any performance loss after this update?