Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[30MAR15] NGX Updates and some other News Bits

Pending 777 Updates:
In other topics we are currently testing a new 777 version that we hope will fix a rather difficult-to-diagnose memory leak that would appear in the 777 under some very specific circumstances.  I will have more to say on this topic a bit later- but suffice to say we will be updating the FSX, FSX-SE and Prepar3D versions of the 777 once we get confirmation from our testers that we succeeded in fixing this nasty little item.  (There are a few folks in this forum who did a magnificent job supporting us in finding this- and you'll learn a bit more about that in a future update as well!)

Once we publish the pending update for the 777, we will also send those bits over to Aerosoft for distribution to DVD and Aerosoft download customers... 

Thanks for the update Rob,

Regarding the 777, are you planning to implement any additional fixes/changes for anything that has been reported and passed along between SP1d and now?

I submitted 2 tickets since SP1d.

One regarding a small bug in thrust reduction logic. When thrust reduction height is set to a flap setting (5 or 1) instead of altitude as a trigger. 

The second one regarding the flap extension geometry for the takeoff flap settings. 5,15,20. 

Leo Cal

Can anyone confirm that this update fixes the annunciator and cabin door issues where you have to load and save panel states? Working all day and looking for a little something to look forward to.

What are those "optimization" things for the ngx? Are we talking fps and vas? :-o :).

And good to know the memory thing with the 777 is being addressed.. Just survived the CTP. :)

Victor Roos

Maybe they found the "holy grail of performance"?^^....that would be awesome...!!! I really have good performances with your products, PMDG, but if i read that you found something for getting better performance sounds promising to me^^! 

Will the 777 update address the compatibility issues with the FSX-SE Beta just closed  (No systems functions)? A new Beta is due early April . So you may want to hold off with the 777, until, we see what that does. So you don't have to do double work.

Tom Cain

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

the issue with the master caution in cold and dark panel state is fixed.

Thanks!

While I appreciate the comments from Robert, and love the quality, I am struggling to understand how the download customers can download a full product yet there seems a crazy delay in getting the same software burnt to DVD or made available as a download update for people who purchased the DVD version?

I bought my product from Flightstore, not Amazon, wondering how much longer it will take before I will see this download?

Steve Cox

While I appreciate the comments from Robert, and love the quality, I am struggling to understand how the download customers can download a full product yet there seems a crazy delay in getting the same software burnt to DVD or made available as a download update for people who purchased the DVD version?

I think Robert explained this very well and I assume you read his post so I must presume this is a complaint rather than a question or suggestion.

Dan Downs KCRP

Anyone else have an issue trying to add the satellite antenna to an aircraft after this update?  I tried after an un-install and then full new install of this latest update and cannot get the satellite antenna to show.  Not the biggest deal in the world.  Haven't noticed any other issues yet.  Just this one.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Anyone having issues with performance after this update? I went from butter smooth to jerking and FPS loss.

Is this update for the 800/900 AND the 600/700, or just the base pack 800/900?

Is this update for the 800/900 AND the 600/700, or just the base pack 800/900?

Both packages have new installers.

Walter Meier

Seeing you are doing this update thing with whole installers I think you really should take a look at your bandwidth on your servers. 

I mostly get around 150-200 kB/s from your servers when downloading NGX or 777. Geting 1GB zip file then takes a while.

I have a 100/100 Mbps line. So its not on my end.

Any thoughts? 

Awesome news Robert - thank you - servers are very fast downloaded both in about 5 minutes

Rich Sennett