Sign in to follow this  
sbclark

USS Nimitz & USS Eisenhower V2 FSX & P3D

Thanks for the quick reply Rick. I checked it out and donwnloaded the relevent file and fix, I will have a go at these tonight and report back.

Hi -

Did the fix work? I'd like to try it with P3D 3.3.5...

thx

Unfortunately I have not been able to get the wake to follow behind the Carriers. But I think this may be because it appears as though the Carriers are not moving forward. I have been trying to identify the code to control forward motion, but with no luck so far.

I have been trying as many wake files as I can find for AI Carriers. As I have AI shiping in the San Juan Strait, I am about to move onto these AI files next and hope to find a solution with these..

I shall keep trying to solve this when I have the time over this weekend and shall try to remember to report back if I find the fix.

Lance...

My USS Nimitz "sim.cfg":-

[General]
category=Boat

[contact_points]
static_pitch=0.0                //degrees, pitch when at rest on the ground (+=Up, -=Dn)
static_cg_height=0.0             //feet, altitude of CG when at rest on the ground

[DesignSpecs]
max_speed_mph = 50     
acceleration_constants = 0.07, 0.07               //Time constant (effects responsiveness), and max acceleration (Gs)
deceleration_constants = 0.05, 0.05               //Time constant (effects responsiveness), and max acceleration (Gs)

[Effects]
// wake = voo_wake_nimitz
// wake = voo_wake_carrier
// wake = fx_wake_carrier  // 2010 version. = No wake behind USS Nimitz or destroyer screen
// wake = fx_wake_carrier  // 2004 version. = No wake. Ships are stationary
wake = fx_NoWake

Hi -

Did the fix work? I'd like to try it with P3D 3.3.5...

thx

I was just on AVSIM Library and found a refference to the file below, it may be the fix you are looking for..

fix_ship_wakes_p3dv25_version2.zip

File Description:
This file includes a complete replacement of the effect files included in my all AI shipping packages to date. It corrects the issue of wakes going towards the sky in P3Dv2.5. You do not need this file for earlier versions of P3D than P3Dv2.5.

This file includes a complete replacement of the effect files included in my all AI shipping packages to date. It corrects the issue of wakes going towards the sky in P3Dv2.5. You do not need this file for earlier versions of P3D than P3Dv2.5.

http://www.glowingheat.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=120

tpewpb-6.png

I have P3D v4.2 and it works with the exception of the environment sounds which were working in FSX (mule, start-em-up, etc). Other than that is fine. Catapult and recovery wire sounds OK

I reinstalled twice to no effect. Is anybody having the same issues?

Probably best to start a new thread, as this discussion was related to P3D v2 three years ago.

I'm going to lock this thread to prevent any further necroposting.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case