Sign in to follow this  
vp49p3

My Traffic 6 with VOXATC Major Problems

MT6 has rendered VOX totally unusable. See my comments in the "Anyone tried My Traffic 6" thread.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

Yeah I had this problem, the way I fixed it was to copy the contents of the MyTraffic/Aircraft folder into Prepar3dv2/SimObjects/Airplanes folder and leave out the MyTraffic entry in the simconnect.cfg. No promises this will work for you. Don't forget to run the indexer.

Yes, same thing happened to me when I installed MyTraffic 6 for FSX.  My workaround was to move the MyTraffic Aircraft folder into SimObjects and edit the cfg to point there.  Indexer worked fine after that and I'm seeing the appropriate AI traffic.  Obviously something wrong with the indexer not being able to find the AIrcraft folder the way MT6 sets it up.

Gotta let Tegwyn know about it.

Jay

Current Build (02/2024): AMD 7800X3D | Asrock X670E Steel Legend MB | Noctua NH-U12S Chromax | 32gb GSkill Trident Z5 DDR5-6000 CAS 30 | Samsung 990 Pro 2tb NVMe Gen4 (OS) | WD Black 4tb NVMe Gen4 (MSFS) | Corsair RM1000x Shift Series PS | ASUS RTX 4090 Strix ROG | LG 55" C2 Display

Jay,

That problem seems to be fixed spoke with Tegwyn today and he suggested I try the standard way (put the mytraffic aircraft location in simobjects.cfg) I tried it even though it didn't work last time and it worked to my surprise. Might be a one off or PC needed a restart, i'm not sure but all is well now.

Jay,

That problem seems to be fixed spoke with Tegwyn today and he suggested I try the standard way (put the mytraffic aircraft location in simobjects.cfg) I tried it even though it didn't work last time and it worked to my surprise. Might be a one off or PC needed a restart, i'm not sure but all is well now.

Steve,

I tried multiple times without success.  I did reboot, and I did try other methods, nothing worked, so I just moved the Aircraft folder to get it working.  Now, one thing tho, I installed MT6 to a different drive than FSX.  Maybe that's a no-no for the indexer?

Jay

Current Build (02/2024): AMD 7800X3D | Asrock X670E Steel Legend MB | Noctua NH-U12S Chromax | 32gb GSkill Trident Z5 DDR5-6000 CAS 30 | Samsung 990 Pro 2tb NVMe Gen4 (OS) | WD Black 4tb NVMe Gen4 (MSFS) | Corsair RM1000x Shift Series PS | ASUS RTX 4090 Strix ROG | LG 55" C2 Display

Well, mystery solved.

I removed the quotation marks from the fsx.cfg entry and commented out my makeshift entry.  Then I first ran FSX to make sure it didn't have any issues with the change.  FSX loaded and worked normally.  Then I ran the indexer and it too worked and found the aircraft folder.  The indexer completed normally.  I then started a flight, enabled VoxATC and it worked fine.  All was ok after that so I removed the other cfg entry and deleted the Aircraft folder I had moved.

My cfg entry now is: SimObjectPaths.6=C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft

So, that's that!

Jay

Does VOX ATC use My Trafic 6 AI aircraft ?

Yes, absolutely.  Just a matter of setting the in-game traffic sliders to 0 and then using the VoxATC settings utilty to set traffic.  I use a setting of 60 and it gives me a good amount, and mix of traffic.

Jay

Thank you Jay...

That has just sold it...

Was using UT2 but wasn't impressed in prepar3d 2.4

And My Traffic 6 is on offer..

Dave

Yes, I agree about UT2. 

I used it before I made the switch to MT 6, also because of the offer.  Very happy with it so far and the developer seems very responsive about any problems that crop up,  Much in the same way Tegwyn is with VoxATC.  While he (Tegwyn) doesn't visit here, if you email him with an issue he will respond quickly with an answer.  I've been using VoxATC since it was first released for FS9.  A looooong time ago!

Regards,

Jay

I have a problem with VOX and MT6. I just did a fresh install of P3D. Installed my PMDG products, ran the Vox indexer and the panel setup with no problem. I then installed the latest version of Aerosoft's Airbus and MT6. Now, when I try to run the panel setup tool it crashes. I believe something in the MT6 installation is causing this but I'm not sure what it is. Before I contact Tegwyn, has anyone else had this happen?

NAX669.png

I have a problem with VOX and MT6. I just did a fresh install of P3D. Installed my PMDG products, ran the Vox indexer and the panel setup with no problem. I then installed the latest version of Aerosoft's Airbus and MT6. Now, when I try to run the panel setup tool it crashes. I believe something in the MT6 installation is causing this but I'm not sure what it is. Before I contact Tegwyn, has anyone else had this happen?

You need to run the indexer every time you install an aircraft, AI package or Airport. Try running the indexer again.

Steve.

You need to run the indexer every time you install an aircraft, AI package or Airport. Try running the indexer again.

Steve.

Steve,

I did that with no luck. This is something I haven't seen before I installed MT6.

NAX669.png

Hi,

I had a similar situation ...

The indexer ran fine but when I ran the Panel config it crashed...

Turned out I had inadvertently put an entry in my Prepar3D CFG  under Main another Simobjects path...I removed that and all was good...

Dave