Sign in to follow this  
Gregdpw

Dx10 fixer or hd trees?

I  agree! The DX10 fixer is a MUST have.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

So far I am not really seeing any difference from dx9 to dx10 with the fixer. I updated to sp1d for the ngx and still don't have cockpit shadows. Turning on the light bloom is nice but it messed up the simple sun mod, which was looking amazing in dx9. And my asn keeps crashing.

I have everything updated. Changed my nvidia inspector settings to match the fixers aa settings. And really don't notice anything. Still getting low frames with bloom and shadows on.

So far I am not really seeing any difference from dx9 to dx10 with the fixer. I updated to sp1d for the ngx and still don't have cockpit shadows. Turning on the light bloom is nice but it messed up the simple sun mod, which was looking amazing in dx9. And my asn keeps crashing.

I have everything updated. Changed my nvidia inspector settings to match the fixers aa settings. And really don't notice anything. Still getting low frames with bloom and shadows on.

Add the following line to your Display section of your fsx.cfg file.

ForceVCShadowMap=1

Then on the Shadows page of the Fixer click on all options except Enable Shadow Boost. Set the Shadow Bias as desired I have mine up to 5. Lower numbers will give you some graphic artifacts.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

And remember to activate from fsx options that the aircraft cast shadows on itself

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Do you mean that a higher FPS rate doesn't necessarily equate to a better visual experience or are you suggesting that there is another standard unit of measurement by which it is possible to quantify performance in FSX? I agree with the former but am unaware of the latter so would be grateful if you could elaborate.

Just look at FS2004 any less than 20 fps and it stutters i have seeing FSX run at 15 and smooth but that is the lower limit. 20 FPS is fine if sim is smooth.

Just look at FS2004 any less than 20 fps and it stutters i have seeing FSX run at 15 and smooth but that is the lower limit. 20 FPS is fine if sim is smooth.

I'm not sure why you are quoting me, I said in my post that I agree that the visual experience doesn't necessarily depend on a high FPS rate. However the way each person experiences visuals is very subjective depending as it does on the users equipment and their own physical attributes so I don't think it is possible for anyone to say that because they find a certain rate of FPS acceptable the next person will also be happy with the same.

I am getting crash to desktop errors with mega scenery earth and LOD at 6.5. Will running the fixer without any dx10 effects help my crash to desktop?