Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

the FTX (ORBX) website has been off-line, all morning....

I am concerned that I might encounter the said anomalies on my flights

Might being the operative word here, so you are not definitively sure you will have a problem?  As I said before, if you do have issues, contact ORBX and they will straighten it out.  In fact, they are actively encouraging people to log their issues with them.  Understand that ORBX took on the entire earth so they know it isn't perfect but are willing and able to correct any anomalies users might find.

I think right now, the most frustrating part all of this is the server issues they seem to still be having.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Might being the operative word here, so you are not definitively sure you will have a problem?  As I said before, if you do have issues, contact ORBX and they will straighten it out.  In fact, they are actively encouraging people to log their issues with them.  Understand that ORBX took on the entire earth so they know it isn't perfect but are willing and able to correct any anomalies users might find.

I think right now, the most frustrating part all of this is the server issues they seem to still be having.

Not true. They are not sorting it out because I dont think they know how to undo it all. You should really go look at the support forums and you will see the high level of frustration however having said that I do understand that for trailblazers like ORBX who have transformed the simming world were going to hit the wall at some stage so I accept it for now but would still like my old sim back soon

ZORAN

Not true. They are not sorting it out because I dont think they know how to undo it all. You should really go look at the support forums and you will see the high level of frustration however having said that I do understand that for trailblazers like ORBX who have transformed the simming world were going to hit the wall at some stage so I accept it for now but would still like my old sim back soon

Timing is a key issue here.  To recap: ORBX rolled out the Unified LCLookup the weekend before the FlightSimCon and at almost the same time, they were "forced" to switch their servers (a directive by their hosting company), then people started to flood the forums with questions and sporadic issues.  The bulk of the issues came, when most of the ORBX team was out of town BUT John V did communicate with the users to clarify what was happening and that he was actively working on getting support out to the users.  Jumping forward, they got back, still addressing issues, as well as creating fixes for areas of most trouble (looked like NZ was bad), and are still actively pursuing other issues but those posted by the users at ORBX's request.  Lastly, Ben is on vacation (which everyone deserves now and then) and he even has started to communicate with users while he is away, to help address problems.

I still don't see where they aren't sorting it out.  These issues aren't something that can be cleared up overnight.

The only issue I personally have is the server issue they have with the forums.  It almost seems like certain servers sending and receiving traffic to different parts of the world are on the fritz.  I am getting regular emails from the forum threads, with replies, but I cannot get to the forums to communicate.

With reagards to my own system and how the UnifiedLCLookup works, well it works fine now.  My suggestion above was something I pursued, thinking I may have been having issues due to a corrupt update or migration.  After this fix, everything is fine.

CComing here to vent frustrations and complain about a company who doesn't really monitor or actively participate with, is a bit unfair.  Until you give them the benefit of the doubt to fix what is wrong (with your own input at the right venue), be patient and wait. :)

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Timing is a key issue here.  To recap: ORBX rolled out the Unified LCLookup the weekend before the FlightSimCon and at almost the same time, they were "forced" to switch their servers (a directive by their hosting company), then people started to flood the forums with questions and sporadic issues.  The bulk of the issues came, when most of the ORBX team was out of town BUT John V did communicate with the users to clarify what was happening and that he was actively working on getting support out to the users.  Jumping forward, they got back, still addressing issues, as well as creating fixes for areas of most trouble (looked like NZ was bad), and are still actively pursuing other issues but those posted by the users at ORBX's request.  Lastly, Ben is on vacation (which everyone deserves now and then) and he even has started to communicate with users while he is away, to help address problems.

I still don't see where they aren't sorting it out.  These issues aren't something that can be cleared up overnight.

The only issue I personally have is the server issue they have with the forums.  It almost seems like certain servers sending and receiving traffic to different parts of the world are on the fritz.  I am getting regular emails from the forum threads, with replies, but I cannot get to the forums to communicate.

With reagards to my own system and how the UnifiedLCLookup works, well it works fine now.  My suggestion above was something I pursued, thinking I may have been having issues due to a corrupt update or migration.  After this fix, everything is fine.

CComing here to vent frustrations and complain about a company who doesn't really monitor or actively participate with, is a bit unfair.  Until you give them the benefit of the doubt to fix what is wrong (with your own input at the right venue), be patient and wait. :)

I am waiting see my post

"I do understand that for trailblazers like ORBX who have transformed the simming world were going to hit the wall at some stage so I accept it for now "

The frustration isn't because the issue is not being fixed immediately its because there is no official stance on it or any update since last week week JV said

"there are just a few that have been affected" This is completely wrong

Since that announcement there has not been another. Most of the complaints are because of lack of communication and very rightly so. 

• Upvote 1

ZORAN

"there are just a few that have been affected" This is completely wrong

Do you have evidence to back up your claim?  A few can mean any amount, depending on the ratio of total users to those who have reported problems.  John could also have meant "few" by the data send back from everyone's FTX Central application.  On his end, since FTX Central "phone's home", ORBX can see if a problem has arisen with migration.

Do you have evidence to back up your claim?  A few can mean any amount, depending on the ratio of total users to those who have reported problems.  John could also have meant "few" by the data send back from everyone's FTX Central application.  On his end, since FTX Central "phone's home", ORBX can see if a problem has arisen with migration.

LOL FTX central is broken ! its not going to be a reliable source now is it?

Do yourself a huge favor fella. Go to the ORBX support forums they are back up now and then come back here and tell me its "just a few"

• Upvote 2

ZORAN

LOL FTX central is broken ! its not going to be a reliable source now is it?

Do yourself a huge favor fella. Go to the ORBX support forums they are back up now and then come back here and tell me its "just a few"

Actually, I'll refrain from any further response.  Trying to reason with someone who is angry and frustrated and not willing to exercise patience, is not worth the time.

Jim, I don't understand. Are you an antagonist, prosecutor or promotor?

First you imply something "rotten in the state of Denmark" thereby "casting the first stone" then rip apart the thoughts of anyone who takes the bait and dares to express themselves. Fair enough. That is fine in my books if I knew where you are coming from and your interest in these matters. Ripping apart Zoran was uncalled for. I am nothing in Avsim so my opinion doesn't count but I am disappointed.

I too am worried about what is going on as I have a huge investment in ORBX products. Anything that effects them, affects me in the enjoyment of this costly hobby. Others have just as much or more valuable input to say as anyone else, including you.

Ease up Jim. :smile: In the end there is little point getting riled up. Just my opinion, so if you disagree, don't worry about it. :) As far as ORBX is concerned I am still hopeful, although a bit twitchy and nervous, for all the reasons expressed by so many.

Hoping for the best, and expecting it to be so.

Kindest regards,

Then why bother with Orbx at all, sir??  Try another company and perhaps you'll find satisfaction there.

Your quote and the answer to it makes zero sense.

Jim, I don't understand. Are you an antagonist, prosecutor or promotor?

First you imply something "rotten in the state of Denmark" thereby "casting the first stone" then rip apart the thoughts of anyone who takes the bait and dares to express themselves. Fair enough. That is fine in my books if I knew where you are coming from and your interest in these matters. Ripping apart Zoran was uncalled for. I am nothing in Avsim so my opinion doesn't count but I am disappointed.

I too am worried about what is going on as I have a huge investment in ORBX products. Anything that effects them, affects me in the enjoyment of this costly hobby. Others have just as much or more valuable input to say as anyone else, including you.

Ease up Jim. :smile: In the end there is little point getting riled up. Just my opinion, so if you disagree, don't worry about it. :) As far as ORBX is concerned I am still hopeful, although a bit twitchy and nervous, for all the reasons expressed by so many.

Hoping for the best, and expecting it to be so.

Kindest regards,

His post #33

So could anyone shed some light on why ORBX was in such a rush to push this Unified LCLookup out when they did?  Oh yeah, and let's not forget that in August, we'll get yet another version of FTX Central, when ORBX is finally going solo with the sales of their products AND will run their own servers AND streamline the installation process of products users bought.

They HAVE to know that their client base is big enough that sudden changes to their products and services, without proper support is going to cause problems.  :sad:"

And then he goes into melt down when I agree with him..

ZORAN

It amazes me that so many think they did this on purpose!

Thats crazy that they would intentionally do it but I will tell you latest release of P3D and this new Orbx system together was really bad timing

Rich Sennett

(...) Go to the ORBX support forums they are back up now and then come back here and tell me its "just a few"

After a brief check I thought I was not affected. In fact I am, but some of the texture/morphing issues are hard to detect. In addition to an already significant no. of reports in the ORBX forum I am expecting large nos. of unreported/not yet reported cases

• Upvote 1