Sign in to follow this  
pcartier

Frolov's/Majestic's new Dash released

Hi and thank you for your initial impressions. Is the weather radar and moving map superimposed on the same screen or do they display in separate views. I don't know if the real aircraft has such a feature. :) Thanks.Bob...

$60+ USD?!?! I'll pass, that's way to expensive for my blood!

Guest leglegle

IT IS WAY TOO EXPENSIVE!!! But, with that said, I bought it, because I loved the freeware. Everything is awesome, sounds too. Except, the VC framerates are way too low. I think the textured windows are eating up a lot of Mem. They should have allowed an option to make the windows a part of the package.And, when you try to switch in the 2-d panel, around the views, they take foreever to load. The side windows stay opaque for a long time until they load. How can we get rid of those? They are part of the VC.CB

Perhaps the features alone will be worth the price tag of this Dash because based on the cockpit screenshots - the graphics seem a bit dated.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_beta_member.jpg

Well, expensive as it is, I splurged and bought it - the Dash 8-300 is probably my favorite aircraft, and I couldn't bear not to have it lol. That said, I am very much impressed with the performance, the visual model (I'm a stickler for eye candy) and especially the SOUNDS!!! wow!!! I think the sounds alone would be worth at least half that price, considering accurate turboprop sounds (specific to a certain engine) are extremely hard to come by. My only issue (and I'm not sure if anyone else has this problem) is that after installing the version with just 2-d cockpit and wing views, the only livery I got was Tyrolean. I was of the impression that 6 liveries came with the package. Anyone else encounter this?

Guys, I may use the wrong words here, but has Mr Frolov managed to simulate the propeller beta range? That would be really nice and AFAIK a first in MSFS...

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

Guest georg

"Is the weather radar and moving map superimposed on the same screen or do they display in separate views. I don't know if the real aircraft has such a feature"Hi Bob,The weather radar and moving map are nicely simulated. The weather radar is by default on its own display unit, but there's a button on the pedestal to switch it over to the EFIS as well! ;)Tord,The correct sounds and beta range itself are completely simulated. There's even some knock sound when you move the throttle quadrant through the beta range.Egbert,The panel graphics are just as on the pictures. They are certainly not as eyecandy as the PSS Dash8 had, but they are frame-friendly, well fitting to a large resolution monitor and actually don't disturb me a tiny bit.CB,Actually I figured out the same thing myself (the slow loading of textures). However, on my system it doesn't take very long and I can live with it. It was still one of the only things which really disturbed me and after a little investigation guess what I found - pretty much all the textures of Exterior model and VC are in 32 bit format!! I'll convert those to DXT3 and I'm sure I'll have at least 2x faster loading times. I also talked to Oleksiy about the 32bit texture unnecessarity.EDIT:Okay mates, I decided to take a few high resolution screenshots for you. You can also see framerate which is always at max (locked at 29 FPS).EDIT: Images exceed our size limitations.

Guest georg

LOL, my god, now I messed up. My idea was to simply post those links to the pictures, but also the pictures appeared and seems like the editing period is over!! :-hahGolfbravo,I also had just one livery in the beginning, but if you read the instlalation instructions on the website carefully, then it asks you to download an additional 45MB texture package which includes those other liveries.--In my opinion the price is not too high, because not too many FS addons have been in development for such a long time. As far as I know, pretty much the same addon is also used in Tyrolean or Austrian Airlines which Oleksiy is working very close with and they have been a lot of help in developing the product.The 2D graphics are more like a computer based training application than FS addon. The most important is that it's easy to navigate around the panels and that everything is clearly readable.

Georg,Thank you for posting the shots.I must say that they are the clearest and most definitive pictures I have ever seen of flight sim aircraft. The panel though, although crisp, lacks reality and is not what you would expect to see in reality. Thats a shame really as the outside views are perfect.But................................Way to expensive for me to consider.I have a good idea who might be interested now though, eh Ismet?Dave T. .........On the lovely warm Devon Riviera and active 'FlightSim User's Group' member at http://www.flightsimgrpuk.free-online.co.uk/

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest jennifer

Yes...........Dave, I balked at the price when I first saw it but I am very tempted by the fact that this addon is all about the aircraft's systems and that visual model looks good to me. Stale bread and rainwater for me again for few weeks I thinkx(

Yes the Propeller Beta range is simulated. Single engine is also possible, also a first for FS.Kroswynd (Kilo_Whiskey)Fanda Beta Team

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Thanks Georg and KW!

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

Guest Debosonic

I am also very tempted to acquire this right now!But I have a few questions:1. Is there a VAT-free price for those residing outside EU?2. How big is the download?3. Can I purchase at my home PC and download at another PC with broadband and then install on my home PC? My home PC is on a very slow dial up connection.Thanks

1. Dunno.2. approx. 80MB3. A nice activation scheme (new to me, didn't see this before): you get a key file created when buying which you need to download. When installing the package, this file together with credit card and purchase information is needed to get the installer running. Very clever, you don't need an internet connection like the F1 Wrapper, but the installer is pretty secure though by requesting sensitive credit card data.Andreas