Sign in to follow this  
swap17

Pmdg 777 FMC similar to PMDG 747/747X FMC

hello guys,

since i am new to the forum and also to the pmdg community i may be asking a silly question which just cannot get out of my mind since im about to buy the pmdg 777. i use pmdg 747 for fs9 and just recently matered its fmc and will soon be converting to fsx. so what i had in my mind was that whether the fmc programming on the 777 is broadly similar to the 747 or completely diffenrent in all aspects.

Swapnil Sirdeshpande

IMO: Broadly very similar.

You'll notice that the FMC for the 777 has more simmed functionality. The 777 FMC is also where you can change a ton of PMDG options "in game" (no out of sim menus).

If you're comfortable with the FS9 747, then the learning curve should be acceptable to get up to speed on the 777. 

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Basic functionality is similar, but the flows are a bit different and the 777 also has a lot of added capabilities. Limited uplink simulation is implemented to get company route, performance and wind predictions from dispatch.

Once you've programmed one Boeing FMC you've programmed them all.  They differ in features, but not in function.

DJ