Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[27APR15] Ah- that pesky memory leak- and a few other small items...

I do not have the names of the individuals that helped to find/prove this problem, as Ryan has been their main point of communication on the issue, but I have asked Ryan to jump in here and list their names as a manner of saying thank-you. It is nice when comes to us with specific replications steps for a potential problem, especially one that is as obscure as this one- so their help in both identification and then verification of the fix was very much appreciated.

I suppose I'm one of the few of us who can now single-handedly be blamed directly for any 747v2 delays because of this :o :P

(I shouldn't say that too loud, because I'm sure any angry pitch fork-toting mob is on their way to my house.  Sorry, guys.)

Very glad to see the problem traced and the fix come to fruition.  I know I can say many of us appreciate it.  And thanks, Ryan, for including me in the troubleshooting/testing.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

During the coming week we anticipate rolling out an updated version of the 777 in both FSX, FSX-SE and P3D.

The coming week is ending in a few hours  :(

James Goggi

Keeping my fingers crossed that we see this update before the weekend. Sim crashed due to the memory leak just a few hours out of OMDB while on my way to KORD last weekend due to the missed approach AIRAC code at KORD.

Leo Cal

I think something went wrong with the update. Maybe some last moment bug was found.

I think something went wrong with the update. Maybe some last moment bug was found.

The only error was the boss giving out a timeline... he means well but nothing dealing with computers or code is on time or budget.  If worst case estimate is one week you'd better plan on three typically... and that is not a statement of progress being made in this specific case.

Testing is going well.... I do not have an update other than it's going to happen, which you already knew.

Dan Downs KCRP