Sign in to follow this  
TooWings

Amazing potential of GTA-5 on PC

I thought I'd post a few more video featuring the latest mods for GTA-5 on PC.

Stunning graphics, scenery and physics.....

VTO fun (contains some shoot-out scenes)

https://youtu.be/fOyCoLvrrYQ?t=141

GTA gets Just Cause 2 grappling hook

https://youtu.be/MLdOvJuFZsg?t=45

Planes vs Train

https://youtu.be/e8TYscywOOo?t=17

Train crash mod

https://youtu.be/hib7wbAIcIA?t=93

GTA 5 made me quit flight sims, I haven't touched my sims since gta5 released on pc.  Why can't flight sims achieve this level of realism?

Speaking about crashes, it's important to keep in mind that in GTA V if you tap a building with any speed at all your entire plane explodes....

I'm still waiting for that 50% off Steam sale :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I think you'll be waiting quite a while for that Chris. Mind you, some mods are really starting to look good. Someone has already made a good start on re-creating Vice City heh.

But to answer you're question FSXSEPILOT, Rockstar spend something like £170 million on development of the game, and subsequently made around £700 million in 4 days when it was first released. No flightsim will ever make that sort of money, and it's difficult to see that sort of money being spent. The kickstarer for Elite: Dangerous was £1.6 million and they spent about £8 million in total. Apparently Star Citizen is up to £40 million, as their crowd funding is still going, which is amazing. Maybe if a Flight Sim was funded in that way, it could see such numbers as Elite Dangerous saw. That requires somebody to take the plunge though. And some may comment, why bother with X-Plane, P3D and the new Dovetail Flight sim all in active development. It's important to note, however, GTA5 doesn't have realistic physics. I don't know if a mod could fix that, depends on their engine and how far a mod could go

I am prepared to wait until Rockstar/Valve break under the pressure, and give me the goods for half price. My copy could be the difference between survival and bankruptcy :lol:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

GTA 5 made me quit flight sims, I haven't touched my sims since gta5 released on pc.  Why can't flight sims achieve this level of realism?

They achieved that level of realism some time around 1987, F-19 Stealth Fighter I believe they called it...

:ph34r:

Steam Summer Sale starts this Thursday and I'm keeping an eye out for it.

They achieved that level of realism some time around 1987, F-19 Stealth Fighter I believe they called it...

:ph34r:

i meant realism in the graphics and city, not plane stuff.

I'm still waiting for that 50% off Steam sale :smile:

It's more than likely not going to go on any kind of sale this summer. Maybe 15%, if anything.

The game is too new on PC and it's been a "top seller" on Steam for the entire time it's been on sale. Rockstar isn't going to want to stop that.

Still waiting for another patch for GTA5.   I suffer from the dreaded DLL crash bug thanks to Steam's Overlay conflicting and I am forced to play in borderless window mode.    As such, sometimes, when I first load up the game will run like utter poop.     Good FPS but frame stuttering so bad it's like watching 5 second movie clips followed by a pause.   I have to shut the game off and restart it and the problems go away and then it becomes a great game to play, especially online with a group of friends in a crew.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Still waiting for another patch for GTA5.   I suffer from the dreaded DLL crash bug thanks to Steam's Overlay conflicting and I am forced to play in borderless window mode.    As such, sometimes, when I first load up the game will run like utter poop.     Good FPS but frame stuttering so bad it's like watching 5 second movie clips followed by a pause.   I have to shut the game off and restart it and the problems go away and then it becomes a great game to play, especially online with a group of friends in a crew.

Have you tried disabling the Steam overlay? Also, what's bad about borderless windowed mode? If you set it to your monitor's native resolution, it's basically fullscreen but with much better performance. In fact, in my opinion, it's better because it makes alt-tabbing so much easier. All you have to do is press the Windows button.

GTA5 is amazing looking and lots of fun to play! It is not a flight sim nor does it aim to be.

Keep in mind the scenery only covers a small island area. One of the reasons why the jets fly at the speed of a Piper Cub. If they flew actual speeds, you would be off the map in a few seconds.

If you were to make a flight sim with this level of detail, which covered the whole world like FSX/XP, there would not be a HD large enough to hold it. There would not be a CPU around to run it at anything close to a smooth FPS. Its not that I wouldn't like to see it, Its just is not possible in this day and age.

Rob

It's more than likely not going to go on any kind of sale this summer. Maybe 15%, if anything. The game is too new on PC and it's been a "top seller" on Steam for the entire time it's been on sale. Rockstar isn't going to want to stop that.

If they want to sell me a copy, they're going to have to correct that :wink:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

If they want to sell me a copy, they're going to have to correct that :wink:

Exactly, I've played every GTA PC game ever, but it's been nearly two years since console release, the desire to own *right now* has gone.  I'll wait until it approaches a price I'm willing to pay for it, even if it takes a year or two longer.  It's not like I'm going to use GTA online, so I don't care if everyone else has moved on.