Sign in to follow this  
AviatorMoser

FreeMesh X Global 1.0 - Release Announcement

The airport needs a flatten polygon to raise the underlying terrain to the runway/taxiway/apron altitude. Hardly FreeMesh's fault.

This is either a missing flatten for the airport, or some scenery library priority error. 

Could both be more clear please? And what is the solution? I only installed the scenery LFPG, and there is not much to do. I mean the flatten polygon are in 5 bgl files in Aerosoft/LFPG:

cvxCDG_FLATTEN1.BGL

cvxCDG_FLATTEN2.BGL

cvxCDG_FLATTEN3.BGL

cvxCDG_FLATTEN4.BGL

cvxCDG_FLATTEN5.BGL

The thing is that if I disable Free mesh Europe, is ok. I don't have other scenery that can affect ground polygon there. Yes I have FTX Global and Orbx Vector Global, but non of them dosen't contain mesh Orbx products have only teture, like GEX Europe, and LFPG is also disable in Vector Airport correction. So remain priority. But I read here, that the mesh priority is not important for other scenery. I still belive is a mesh problem. What is the solution?

Have you run the airport elevation correction tool in ORBX FTX Global Vector settings?

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Have you run the airport elevation correction tool in ORBX FTX Global Vector settings?

Again: LFPG is also disable in Vector Airport correction. So yes, is the first thing to do after install Orbx Vector and before start FSX.

Strange... Let me check the airport in my sim. Get back to you.

Strange... Let me check the airport in my sim. Get back to you.

I uninstall the scenery from Aerosoft and I made some test with the default scenery. As you can see the problem still remain, so it's a Mesh Europe problem in that area. Maybe Daniel Moser should give a check and resolve this when find some time in a future patch for Europe.

lfpg_default.jpghost image

lfpg_default1.jpgfree image hosting

Hi,

After a year without my flight simulator I'm doing a fresh installing of P3D and your mesh.

On my back-up drive I had all patches up to 1.04

I understood that the 1.05 patch includes all the the patches from 1.01

But when I compare both folders I'm missing a couple of files in the 1.05 that I have in the patches folder (1.01-1.04) on my back-up drive.

Those are the list of files that I can not find in the 1.05 folder:

N10E030, N10E040, N30E010, N40E010, N40E020, N40E070, N40E080, N50E010, N50E020, N50E030, N50E040, N50E050, N50E060, N50E070, N50E080, S10E130 and S10E140

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for your reply

Festijn

Hi,

After a year without my flight simulator I'm doing a fresh installing of P3D and your mesh.

But when I compare both folders I'm missing a couple of files in the 1.05 that I have in the patches folder (1.01-1.04) on my back-up drive.

N10E030, N10E040, N30E010, N40E010, N40E020, N40E070, N40E080, N50E010, N50E020, N50E030, N50E040, N50E050, N50E060, N50E070, N50E080, S10E130 and S10E140

Thanks for your reply

Festijn

The last patches is not 1.5, but 1.6

The last patches is not 1.5, but 1.6

The last one is 1.7 :wink:

But I first have to install 1.5 (it's contains all patches from 1.1 - 1.4)

After this 1.6 and 1.7

But my question remains the same.

When I compare the patches folder of 1.5 with the individual patches folder up to 1.4 on my back-up drive I'm missing the files stipulated in my post above.

It could be my fault. Just a question.

Thx

Oh yes, you're right! How did I not even think that there is a bunch of idiots (in you're genius ideea) that pay 26 euros for a horror scenery like that! Good clue genius, you're the man!!!

Good evening Art,

It's the "Genius" here.  I work with various scenery developers from time to time, so do I recognize your cascading problems.  Hopefully you will find a solution shortly.

Grace and Peace,

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

I uninstall the scenery from Aerosoft and I made some test with the default scenery. As you can see the problem still remain, so it's a Mesh Europe problem in that area. Maybe Daniel Moser should give a check and resolve this when find some time in a future patch for Europe.

Looks pretty normal to me using only FreeMeshX and the default airport. It is perfectly level at the north side of the airport, but on a plateau on the southern side, which to me indicates that the mesh is correct, but the airport flatten is not up to the accuracy of the mesh. . 

• Upvote 1

The airport needs a flatten polygon to raise the underlying terrain to the runway/taxiway/apron altitude. Hardly FreeMesh's fault.

Looks like it, yes.

lfpg_default.jpghost image

lfpg_default1.jpgfree image hosting

That is a limitation with FSX/P3D engines of having unrealistic perfectly level airports on realistic uneven terrain. Plateaus are just going to happen. I cannot fix this issue since it is hard coded, and I'm not going to hand blend 24,000 airports so that they seamlessly integrate with a mesh.

I am trying to pioneer some automated method that will blend airports into the surrounding terrain, but even if that is successful, it's only a workaround for what is a major limitation in Microsoft's and Lockheed Martin's engines. Smaller development teams such as those developing X-Plane prevent this problem altogether by allowing airports to follow the terrain. However, I feel this problem isn't even on LM's radar.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply

Festijn

They are all there, but subdivided into their respective regions instead of single "Patches folder".

fBO8Axu.png

You would just overwrite the original folders with the new mesh tiles in the patch, and then add the "FreeMeshX - Patches" folder to your scenery library. The latest patch is 1.07.

Hows this working with the latest P3D?

Works as designed!

Looks pretty normal to me using only FreeMeshX and the default airport. It is perfectly level at the north side of the airport, but on a plateau on the southern side, which to me indicates that the mesh is correct, but the airport flatten is not up to the accuracy of the mesh. . 

Looks normal. Until LM implements terrain following airports, this is something we all have to live with. I want terrain following airports more than I want 64-bit if given the choice.

• Upvote 1

..... I cannot fix this issue since it is hard coded, and I'm not going to hand blend 24,000 airports so that they seamlessly integrate with a mesh.....

I find your lack of commitment to this project disappointing, Daniel!  :P  :Whistle:  :Whistle:

Joking aside - can I once again thank you for a fantastic FREE product, complete with SUPPORT and UPDATES :cool:

• Upvote 2

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Looks like it, yes.

That is a limitation with FSX/P3D engines of having unrealistic perfectly level airports on realistic uneven terrain. Plateaus are just going to happen. I cannot fix this issue since it is hard coded, and I'm not going to hand blend 24,000 airports so that they seamlessly integrate with a mesh.

I am trying to pioneer some automated method that will blend airports into the surrounding terrain, but even if that is successful, it's only a workaround for what is a major limitation in Microsoft's and Lockheed Martin's engines. Smaller development teams such as those developing X-Plane prevent this problem altogether by allowing airports to follow the terrain. However, I feel this problem isn't even on LM's radar.

They are all there, but subdivided into their respective regions instead of single "Patches folder".

fBO8Axu.png

You would just overwrite the original folders with the new mesh tiles in the patch, and then add the "FreeMeshX - Patches" folder to your scenery library. The latest patch is 1.07.

Works as designed!

Looks normal. Until LM implements terrain following airports, this is something we all have to live with. I want terrain following airports more than I want 64-bit if given the choice.

Maybe trying to create a "micromesh" for that area? I know is a problem in FSX, because all Airport are flat like a pancake, but there must be a solution...