Sign in to follow this  
TangoSierraMike

GTN750

Just wondering if anyone has discovered a way to retro fit the new GTN 750 into the C340 , replace one or both of the 430's?

Tom McDonald

Tom,

If you are still around I did a better integration into the 340.  Revisit the thread Bert pointed you to and navigate to the last page. The thread grew considerably.  OK here is a link I believe to the page you need:

http://www.simforums.com/Forums/gtn-in-vc-panel_topic49354_page8.html

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Tom,

If you are still around I did a better integration into the 340.  Revisit the thread Bert pointed you to and navigate to the last page. The thread grew considerably.  OK here is a link I believe to the page you need:

http://www.simforums.com/Forums/gtn-in-vc-panel_topic49354_page8.html

Hi Frank

How did you remove the 4 Knobs on The GTN  in the C340? I have copied you Config but still get  the 4 Knobs

Regards

Jason Richards

Jason,

Trying to refresh my memory. I believe that via one of the shift-number keys there is an option to turn off 3D knobs in the 340. You may need to turn the knobs off that way to eliminate the 2nd set.  See if the link below helps you out.

http://www.avsim.com/topic/324003-setting-the-no-3d-knobs-option/

UPDATE: use Shift-3 and click off the 3D knobs option. That should do it.  Note: doing that will also remove 3D knobs from some other avionics such as the transponder, weather radar, and ADF radio. You will still have 2D knobs for those.

I believe Bert P provided me with a gauge file that sets the default state of those knobs to off. Will see if I can find the trail to that, but it may take a couple of days due to some obligations I have. Perhaps Bert will see this and convey it to you.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

This looks great in the C340, but for the life of me i can't find the auto pilot gauge 

The autopilot in the C340 is on the rear facing bezel of the throttle quadrant.  To gain better access to it hit the "A" key twice to change cockpit views, then use shift-backspace and ctrl-backspace to adjust your view lower and in tighter.  The autopilot is pretty basic. It has Nav, Hdg, and Approach, but the altitude is an altitude hold, not the type that lets you set a target altitude and/or vertical speed.

I use a Saitek Pro Flight Cessna Yoke with a Saitek Multipanel mounted on top. The multipanel possesses autopilot functions.  I find the multipanel most useful with the Carenado C340 and with the Carenado C90(v1).  The C90(v1) has a similar location for the AP.

Frank Patton
ASUS 

Wow!!!! would of never found that...lol...I have EZDOK so I'll make the auto pilot one of my views...thanks a lot Frank