Sign in to follow this  
el_kab0ng

Are expectations of Carenado too high for this community?

3 hours ago, MartinRex007 said:

For me those mods make all the difference!

YES! Same here for me as well. I so much appreciate the hard work of the mentioned individuals and possibly others who have shared with us their extensive mods!

I like to look at Carabeo's products ("Ooohh, look at the pretty airplane!), but their systems modeling is straight out of stock FSX.  And their coding is atrocious!  I won't say I'll never buy their products, but only on sale.  My max price is $20... because that's all they're worth to me.

Having said that, I'll be looking close at the C170 when Alabeo releases it... it's a simple airplane and the systems won't take much to code.

Greg

As an X-Plane user I had numerous Carenado products for XP10. I took them for what they were, pretty graphics, basic or default systems. They were fun to fly if not entirely accurate. Then XP11 was released. Every X-Plane aircraft developer eventually released updates for the new XP version. Many such as IXEG were free, some requested a small but fair upgrade fee, usually around $20. Carenado wanted you to pay full price again. They stated that huge amounts of work was required to update the planes to XP11 standards. 

A number of highly respected XP aircraft developers publicly disputed this claim, saying that whilst there was work to be done, PBR texturing, flight model tweaks etc, but that work did not justify full price again. At that point I decided never to buy Carenado again.

I buy a lot of X-Plane products, reviewing my downloads at.org tends to make my blood pressure rise, but I will not buy the same product again purely so that I can view a shiny fuselage. It was community gouging at it's most blatant. 

Fortunately there is an increasing number of much better products such as the Hotstart TBM900 filling my GA void. 

Jason E Row

Follow me on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/JasonRowPhotography