Sign in to follow this  
ZKOKQ

Flying to YSSY ?

I purchased YSSY yesterday and did a quick tour with a chopper. As always FlyTampa does an outstanding job. Frames were high at about 40-50. I just took off as ACA33 CYVR-YSSY. I am mirroring the real life flight. I was not on the ball enough to use the same flight plan but I will for tomorrows flight. I have never mirrored a real life flight in parallel. It is quite a thrill to line up and take off at the same time. I used the LiveATC app and lined up with YVR tower clearance at the same time. I was amazed at how well the PMDG 777 follows the real life flight. Anyway I have waited a very long time for YSSY. Along with KSEA it has long been my most wanted airport in FS. If I am not mistaken ORBX got my hopes up few years ago with an announcement that they would develop Sydney and that they were in the early stages of development (please correct me if I am wrong about this) but then they announced that they would cease developing large airports. Then they backtracked once more and announce that they would be resuming development of large scale airports. The latest offering is Auckland, I think. Anyway I will report back on my long haul and FPS upon landing. I use ORBX Australia SP4 so it will be interesting. I have always had good success  with flights like KLAX-YMML and such. I would think that these older ORBX airports like YMML are harder on frame rates than FlyTampa's. 

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Where is the great performance everyone is seeing? I am running normal autogen, with Orbx Australia, zero AI traffic... and a default airplane. 20-25fps above the airport. So disappointing

1pl1YGc.jpg

Where is the great performance everyone is seeing? I am running normal autogen, with Orbx Australia, zero AI traffic... and a default airplane. 20-25fps above the airport. So disappointing

1pl1YGc.jpg

Would you mind listing your system specs?

ZORAN

Myabe, if you have global vector it could be a good idea to disable ORBX AU. Performance sounds on par with ORBX YBBN and now I know why JV at ORBX refused to tackle YSSY

ZORAN

I found better performance by turning off 3D grass in YSSY and using Orbx AU

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Dont know what you worrying  about  20  to 25 fps  stop looking  at the fps  and  fly, don't know why users  are so concerned about  fps

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Well, given the flight is very long it has taken me awhile to report. After the realtime flight as I approached and flew the arrival STAR I received a sudden OOM. :Cry: No chime, just a sudden you have run out of memory error. I ran the configurator and lowered some of the settings and reloaded at the last autosave. I received a second OOM. I then reran the installer and installed the lower resolution option, loaded the sim a third time and once agin recived an OOM. I went to the FlyTampa forums and downloaded the reduced texture files and the installed and the fourth time and that was the ticket. I had smooth framerates with no issues using ORBX Australia SP4, PMDG 777, Active Sky, REX Soft clouds. I am currently repeating the flight to see how the new lower res textures work after a 14+ hr flight.  :Silly:   :Praying:

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

My only experience in SE of an Australian destination was when I bought Orbyx AU and YBBN and performance was a disaster. I have total confidence in FlyTampa and all of their products that I have (including Toronto) run fine in SE, but I'm really hesitant about trying to combine Orbyx AU with any other new product. I will be watching this thread with great interest... Would love to have YSSN (AND YBBN) operating with the same outstanding results as almost every other addon I have purchased for SE :unsure: But I think I'll keep my credit card in its holster a little longer and see how this plays out

Cheers

Ian

My only experience in SE of an Australian destination was when I bought Orbyx AU and YBBN and performance was a disaster. I have total confidence in FlyTampa and all of their products that I have (including Toronto) run fine in SE, but I'm really hesitant about trying to combine Orbyx AU with any other new product. I will be watching this thread with great interest... Would love to have YSSN (AND YBBN) operating with the same outstanding results as almost every other addon I have purchased for SE :unsure: But I think I'll keep my credit card in its holster a little longer and see how this plays out

Cheers

Ian

YBBN is much better if you disable all the options in the CP. It still looks very nice.

I've had no OOM errors or performance problems flying the NGX from FTX YBBN to FlyTampa's YSSY with FTX_AU enabled.

Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Thanks Jose. I appreciate the feedback. I'm definitely very tempted! ^_^

Flew lax to syd... Pmdg 777, fsdreamteam and flytampa and orbx oz, vector and global..No oom

Flew syd to mel pmdg 737 as above , no oom

Flew mel to syd pmdg 737 as above , no oom

14ppkc-6.png