Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

REX 50% off Sale

Ok, but the rex 4 weather program is still under development. I see they have almost ready weather architect (just to add some more name). When all what is tagged with rex 4 will come out, all at once, i will consider the purchase. I'm sure there will be the full whole package when rex4 weather program will be out.

Got yah - you will have a long wait for the real weather version - life's to short practically everyone is using rex for textures and opus - fgrw or asn for weather

Rich Sennett

I used rex2 with ASN. Then after REX3 came out only REX.

I want to wait for the new rex4 as they claim to bypass simconnect and claim to handle the weather in a different reliable way.

I hope is true.

You say practically everyone uses ASE for weather  with rex textures.

In your opinion why ASE is better than rex in handling weather?

The only problem I get with rex is that from time to time there are some sudden wind shifts in cruise but they happen occasionaly and I can live with it.

For the rest depicted weather is pretty as the one from the metar report.

Do you have better exerience with ASN?

I used rex2 with ASN. Then after REX3 came out only REX.

I want to wait for the new rex4 as they claim to bypass simconnect and claim to handle the weather in a different reliable way.

I hope is true.

You say practically everyone uses ASE for weather  with rex textures.

In your opinion why ASE is better than rex in handling weather?

The only problem I get with rex is that from time to time there are some sudden wind shifts in cruise but they happen occasionaly and I can live with it.

For the rest depicted weather is pretty as the one from the metar report.

Do you have better exerience with ASN?

REX E was great when it was released. REX4 is better in every way.

If I compare REX E weather engine to ASN, it's no contest. ASN blows it away, every day, and in every way.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I see ASN upgrade is on sale with a 30% discount...Now I'm tempted...

oohh boy... I just bought it...

two simple words: NO COMPARISON....

I'don't know why I waited so long...REX falls into archive.

oohh boy... I just bought it...

two simple words: NO COMPARISON....

I'don't know why I waited so long...REX falls into archive.

Good for you.

I'm sure most simmers know about the demo, but for those that don't know, ASN is one of those add-ons that once it's discovered, one will wonder why they ever simmed withou it.

Simply brilliant!

This is definitely a rookie question but how does REX work with ORBX FTX regions?  Are they in competition?  If I fly in FTX regions would I get any benefit from REX?

This is definitely a rookie question but how does REX work with ORBX FTX regions?  Are they in competition?  If I fly in FTX regions would I get any benefit from REX?

Brett,

Most of those pretty pictures you see on the FTX product page have been enhanced by REX.  :P

REX4 or REX E make the entire FSX world look better and you will benefit from it on every flight.

Thank you everyone for you comments here about REX.

I noticed some have some confusion about the different REX products, what they do and which one is better, etc.

So I will explain here:

REX 1 and 2 - (Originally released 2008, 2010) - Full application with textures, flight planner, and weather engine.  (No longer supported)

REX 3 Essential Plus - (Originally released 2012) - Full application with textures, flight planner, and weather engine.  New advancements and features over REX 2.  Textures were updated mostly for FSX, but later optimized for Prepar3D 1 and 2. (Currently being supported and next update will be Service Pack 4)

REX 3 Essential Plus Overdrive (Originally released 2012) - Free upgrade to REX Essential Plus with additional HD textures, with same features as REX Essential Plus. Textures were mostly for FSX, but later optimized for Prepar3D 1 and 2. (Currently being supported and next update will be Service Pack 4)

REX 4 Texture Direct - (Originally released 2013) - Completely new and unique texture sets enhanced for FSX and Prepar3D 1, 2.  Covers more areas than REX 3 and process of installation greatly improved.  (Currently being supported and next update will be Service Pack 5)

REX Soft Clouds - (Originally released 2014) - New approach to 3D cloud structures.  This is also available as an add-on for REX 4 Texture Direct users.  (Currently being supported and next update will be Service Pack 2)

We decided to separate the texture programs from the flight planner/weather engines because it makes it easier for our development team to update and maintain.

REX is currently working on new weather engines, but with new technology and approaches.   We will continue to update and enhance the weather engine within REX 3 Essential with the technology it offers at this time.

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

Brett,

Most of those pretty pictures you see on the FTX product page have been enhanced by REX.  :P

REX4 or REX E make the entire FSX world look better and you will benefit from it on every flight.

Thanks DJJose!

One more quick question, in looking further at the product features, it mentions stuff like 23 different taxiway textures, etc, and it sounds like many options.  Is this a product that I have to go in and individually select textures at start up or does it just kind of do it on its own and makes it look better :-)

Thanks for your help

Thanks DJJose!

One more quick question, in looking further at the product features, it mentions stuff like 23 different taxiway textures, etc, and it sounds like many options.  Is this a product that I have to go in and individually select textures at start up or does it just kind of do it on its own and makes it look better :-)

Thanks for your help.

Once you install REX4, you can choose the textures you like or let REX pick the textures. It's very easy and there are plenty of YouTube videos that will help you figure out how to best use the textures. If you need any help, REX has a great forum. Sometimes we get lucky and a REX dev comes here.  B)

Thank you everyone for you comments here about REX.

I noticed some have some confusion about the different REX products, what they do and which one is better, etc.

So I will explain here:

REX 1 and 2 - (Originally released 2008, 2010) - Full application with textures, flight planner, and weather engine.  (No longer supported)

REX 3 Essential Plus - (Originally released 2012) - Full application with textures, flight planner, and weather engine.  New advancements and features over REX 2.  Textures were updated mostly for FSX, but later optimized for Prepar3D 1 and 2. (Currently being supported and next update will be Service Pack 4)

REX 3 Essential Plus Overdrive (Originally released 2012) - Free upgrade to REX Essential Plus with additional HD textures, with same features as REX Essential Plus. Textures were mostly for FSX, but later optimized for Prepar3D 1 and 2. (Currently being supported and next update will be Service Pack 4)

REX 4 Texture Direct - (Originally released 2013) - Completely new and unique texture sets enhanced for FSX and Prepar3D 1, 2.  Covers more areas than REX 3 and process of installation greatly improved.  (Currently being supported and next update will be Service Pack 5)

REX Soft Clouds - (Originally released 2014) - New approach to 3D cloud structures.  This is also available as an add-on for REX 4 Texture Direct users.  (Currently being supported and next update will be Service Pack 2)

We decided to separate the texture programs from the flight planner/weather engines because it makes it easier for our development team to update and maintain.

REX is currently working on new weather engines, but with new technology and approaches.   We will continue to update and enhance the weather engine within REX 3 Essential with the technology it offers at this time.

Thx for the detailed info!

Been using REX with FSX for ever but now I have decided to switch to FSX Steam.

So since I was thinking about upgrading REX anyway I might as well get REX now while it is still on offer on Simmarket.com.

I was wondering of the version simmarket.com offers (REX4 texture direct HD with soft clouds FSX P3D) also supports FSX-SE?

Because on their website it says that FSX, P3D v1.4 and v2 are supported.

Nothing about Steam?!

Maybe the REX version for Steam has to be bought via Steam?

By the way, even on your own website I find things incomplete.

A big header tells us that Steam is supported but if you scroll on, all over the website you can see how FSX and P3D are mentioned as required, but Steam is ommited again!

(maybe the text on your sites just needs updating?)

Best regards,

Rob.

Rob Robson

Maybe I'm a day late and a dollar short, but I'll give you MHO.

Nope, I decided to get the upgrade....just waiting for some FSX Steam compatibility info so I can purchase at the correct location.

Rob Robson