Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Best Landclass for 10 bucks

UTX Canada version 2 - IS coming - 1 to two months away, announced some time ago.  

JH

The 3 pics are wonderful!

UTX Canada version 2 - IS coming - 1 to two months away, announced some time ago.  

JH

Thanks Guys :)

Rich Sennett

Looks nice.

nebojsa

Does anybody have the Central/South America and Afraica Asia of these that they could share some screenshots of???

The website doesn't showcase any screenshots at all :(

I just got the latest UTX for US and Canada, but neither they nor ORBX have anything for these other regions (except ORBX with Vector which would complement this anyway).

Does anybody have the Central/South America and Afraica Asia of these that they could share some screenshots of???

The website doesn't showcase any screenshots at all :(

I just got the latest UTX for US and Canada, but neither they nor ORBX have anything for these other regions (except ORBX with Vector which would complement this anyway).

I decided to get it anyway, figuring it couldn't be any worse than the default LC data and the chances of Orbx doing Asia LC in our lifetimes seems slim.  

Here are some shots for comparison, note I also have Orbx FTX Global and Vector installed and these were taken very shortly after takeoff from the named airports, I haven't gone searching for good or bad shots.  Remember, this is just my first impressions after a pot luck selection of airports, if there are any areas that you want to know about specifically, just let me know.

Lhasa: Before

Hs63az0.jpgLhasa: AfterqYgbxyO.jpg

Verdict: Clear improvement from the wasteland that was there before.

Chengdu (ZUUU) Before

WzGvVWg.jpg

Chengdu After

JgySxkD.jpg

But...  This should be city, look where Vector (correctly) places the outer ring roads.  In reality this is all a heavily built up area

RaXTAj9.jpg

Verdict: Whilst what is there looks better (Chengdu is very poorly represented by the standard "windy roads plus golf courses" LC), it does suggest there is an issue with data age, at least in parts.  Chengdu is a city of 11 million people and those outer ring roads (which Vector has done correctly) are not new, so the city boundaries are at least 10-15 years out of date.

Hong Kong (Before) - Note FlyTampa Kai Tak's Hong Kong intruding on the right hand edge of the screen

5EkmlgX.jpg

Hong Kong After (Sorry about the slightly funky shot!)

4oMhcc6.jpg

Verdict: Not a massive change, but does improve the accuracy somewhat, particularly along the coastline, though whilst the original LC under-represents the amount of buildings along this stretch of the Port Shelter coast, I think Cloud9 go slightly too far the other way, but still give a better sense of the developments between Tai Po Tsai and Sau Mau Ping (the solid block of trees going up the hill in the before shot)

Overall: This makes a massive difference to some of the more out of the way destinations, especially in the "FSX wasteland" areas which don't have any existing detail.  When it comes to cities, it's less clear cut.  What is there is good, but there are possibly issues relating to out of date data, though in fairness to Cloud9, I did probably choose one of the least data gathering friendly countries and it's a dirt cheap product so it's unreasonable to expect hand-checked LC.

On balance, I'd say it's a worthwhile purchase at the (low) price

Well done I am using it in areas not covered by orbx until They do - well done Jamie - I like it for what it is - brings my local area to life which the others did not - Southern Massachusetts 

Rich Sennett

I decided to get it anyway, figuring it couldn't be any worse than the default LC data and the chances of Orbx doing Asia LC in our lifetimes seems slim.  

Here are some shots for comparison, note I also have Orbx FTX Global and Vector installed and these were taken very shortly after takeoff from the named airports, I haven't gone searching for good or bad shots.  Remember, this is just my first impressions after a pot luck selection of airports, if there are any areas that you want to know about specifically, just let me know.

Lhasa: Before

Hs63az0.jpgLhasa: AfterqYgbxyO.jpg

Verdict: Clear improvement from the wasteland that was there before.

Chengdu (ZUUU) Before

WzGvVWg.jpg

Chengdu After

JgySxkD.jpg

But...  This should be city, look where Vector (correctly) places the outer ring roads.  In reality this is all a heavily built up area

RaXTAj9.jpg

Verdict: Whilst what is there looks better (Chengdu is very poorly represented by the standard "windy roads plus golf courses" LC), it does suggest there is an issue with data age, at least in parts.  Chengdu is a city of 11 million people and those outer ring roads (which Vector has done correctly) are not new, so the city boundaries are at least 10-15 years out of date.

Hong Kong (Before) - Note FlyTampa Kai Tak's Hong Kong intruding on the right hand edge of the screen

5EkmlgX.jpg

Hong Kong After (Sorry about the slightly funky shot!)

4oMhcc6.jpg

Verdict: Not a massive change, but does improve the accuracy somewhat, particularly along the coastline, though whilst the original LC under-represents the amount of buildings along this stretch of the Port Shelter coast, I think Cloud9 go slightly too far the other way, but still give a better sense of the developments between Tai Po Tsai and Sau Mau Ping (the solid block of trees going up the hill in the before shot)

Overall: This makes a massive difference to some of the more out of the way destinations, especially in the "FSX wasteland" areas which don't have any existing detail.  When it comes to cities, it's less clear cut.  What is there is good, but there are possibly issues relating to out of date data, though in fairness to Cloud9, I did probably choose one of the least data gathering friendly countries and it's a dirt cheap product so it's unreasonable to expect hand-checked LC.

On balance, I'd say it's a worthwhile purchase at the (low) price

Thanks for the shots. I guess it depends how often these were updated and looking at the version numbers for these regions I'd say not at all...

I guess it is better than default. I'd like to see some of my area which is south america, but don't know if anyone has it

I guess wort case it's just 10 bucks...

Well done I am using it in areas not covered by orbx until They do - well done Jamie - I like it for what it is - brings my local area to life which the others did not - Southern Massachusetts

That was my intention, being they haven't even come out with NA yet (of which I got tired and *just* got UTX 2 days ago and it's waiting to be installed...), so god know when they'll do SA that if further on the priority list...

So curious whenypu talk about your area, doesn't utx cover you there? Thought you liked it...

So curious whenypu talk about your area, doesn't utx cover you there? Thought you liked it...

Yes I like it but the light popping or lack of lights drove me crazy - with global lights its fine so thats a deal breaker for me - to bad as its a very nice product

I decided to get it anyway

Great post does explain what this LC can do - I like it a lot for my needs at the moment - orbx - hint hint

Rich Sennett

Yes I like it but the light popping or lack of lights drove me crazy - with global lights its fine so thats a deal breaker for me - to bad as its a very nice product

Great post does explain what this LC can do - I like it a lot for my needs at the moment - orbx - hint hint

Hey richard, sorry to revive this but wantint to try them lut now that theyr're at a hige sale and want to know:

I know you used them with p3d with migration tool (btw did you try on v3?) but was it directly to p3d or did you try fsx as well? I am needing to know if they work on steam edition or only on fsx "classic"/boxed

Hey richard, sorry to revive this but wantint to try them lut now that theyr're at a hige sale and want to know:

I know you used them with p3d with migration tool (btw did you try on v3?) but was it directly to p3d or did you try fsx as well? I am needing to know if they work on steam edition or only on fsx "classic"/boxed

Are you talking about Cloud9 XClass ?

Not sure what your asking - if you are talking about Cloud9 XClass - then works fine in fsx products as for P3D V3 - I have not loaded it yet 

I cant remember if  I used migration tool but I would assume I did - this is an easy install so will not mess anything up

If you are running both P3D and FSX - you can always copy the files over from FSX into P3D

Either way it will work 

Rich Sennett

Are you talking about Cloud9 XClass ?

Not sure what your asking - if you are talking about Cloud9 XClass - then works fine in fsx products as for P3D V3 - I have not loaded it yet

I cant remember if I used migration tool but I would assume I did - this is an easy install so will not mess anything up

If you are running both P3D and FSX - you can always copy the files over from FSX into P3D

Either way it will work

Yes, about xclass from cloud9 (what you poseted this thread about :P )

Asked about migration tool because in one of the first posts you said:

"Thanks fyi I used EMT to install this - dont think it will work without it"

So anyway for P3D just curious if it works with v3 (I don't have it yet)

But the main ckncern is if you knew if it worked with the Steam version of FSX.

So anyway for P3D just curious if it works with v3 (I don't have it yet)

But the main ckncern is if you knew if it worked with the Steam version of FSX.

It will work in P3D V3 with EMT

Steam version no idea been using P3D for a long time now - I would not see why it wouldnt Steam or Microsoft version both the same

Rich Sennett