Sign in to follow this  
Guest BeaverDriver

My Response to Carenado Re V1.1

I wonder if Carenado's prolific release's of new planes that are lacking in a lot of area's, are discouraging other developers from developing those models who would do a much better job regarding support and system fidelity (A2A, RealAir, Flight1)....I would rather see a lot of Carenado's planes developed by others.... 

:)

I love the Carenado Navajo.  And I also find the statement that "the autopilot is completely inappropriate for an aircraft with a GTN750" quite perplexing.  There are dozens of YouTube vidos showing real Navajos, Dukes, B55s, etc, etc with GTNs and still running older autopilots, such as that featured in the Carenado Navajo.   I love that it's an older unit and not the same old 'default' KAP140 / KFC225 we get again and again in other Carenado and Alabeo aircraft.

Any autopilot with either a NAV or HDG function can follow navigation cues from a GTN750.  Newer autopilots maintain an entirely digital interface between AP and Nav source(s), however digital to analogue converters are used to translate the digital cues from something like a GTN750 to analogue roll steering commands in an older autopilot.     An upgrade in GPS equipment will provide a GA aircraft owner with real 'bang for the buck'. A new autopilot - where the present one works fine and is certified (and will interact with the Nav source perfectly well) - gives far less return for the significant investment.    Auopilots are expensive!

I agree and I think the instruments, radios, avionics, and autopilot that Carenado used in the Navajo fit very well.  It is what would be expected in an older aircraft that has seen a few upgrades.  The Century autopilot is not programmable, but it works and it is simple to operate.

I wonder if Carenado's prolific release's of new planes that are lacking in a lot of area's, are discouraging other developers from developing those models who would do a much better job regarding support and system fidelity (A2A, RealAir, Flight1)....I would rather see a lot of Carenado's planes developed by others.... 

I've wondered about that too.  It does seem like Carenado/Alabeo are trying to flood the market with every GA aircraft that would be reasonably popular sellers.  I do feel that in their haste to rush aircraft to market that they miss or ignore getting even the basic systems like fuel tank management to operate correctly.

• Upvote 1

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Not so sure. Carenado has always out developed (in volume) everyone else. Yet when another developer picks an aircraft they go ahead regardless. Would other devs release more if Carenado slowed down? Not sure.

Carenado had a B200, B90 released 3 years ago yet Flight1 released the B200 a year later and Milviz just released their B300.

Carenado had C172 out for years as well as C182T. Since then A2A released a 172 and 182 and Flight1 released a 182T.

Realair really can only put out so much in a year. We are still waiting on P3Dv2.X versions of the Piston Duke and Legacy. Their release schedule has 0 to do with Carenado and everything to do with size of the team.

A2A focuses on quality of systems and airfile and release less. I am actually glad there is a Carenado or I would have very few planes in my hangar to play with when I get bored.

And thank the maker Carenado made the GTN750 integration in some of these birds or NO navigational IFR practices in P3D for anyone not flying a PMDG model. Without Carenado, I might have been done with flight sim by now.

All I ask of Carenado is that every single item on the Checklist worked (even if just a meaningless switch). Adding the Cold and Dark option is a step in the right direction. Please Carenado. Make sure the checklist can be followed A to Z for start up and Shutdown with all the expected reactions from the plane and it's equipment. Secondly. Please keep working hard at making the plane fly by the numbers. Exhibit the correct stall behaviour and be able to slip somewhat realistically. These three things would make them a legendary developer. They often get very close on these things.

Charles.

I've got to agree with Charles...

Most of my favorite airplanes in FSX, are Carenado  :smile:

Yes, they are short on systems accuracy, but they sure look and fly good..

Most importantly to me, they make me feel like I am sitting in a real airplane,

not a simulator  :P

• Upvote 1

Bert