Sign in to follow this  
FLAPS15

FSX SE NEW BETA OUT!

Anyone got the latest GSX Beta working in this Beta B)

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

just confirmed with FST that GSX will not work currently with the latest SE beta. Will have to wait until GSX is updated

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

I read somewhere that the bufferpools and affinitymask tweaks were not needed in FSX:SE, but that was after the fact for me as I instinctively added them to my cfg file.  Oddly enough, they worked (meaning FSX:SE didn't blow up) and I was stable, flying the NGX, with ASN and all ORBX scenery.  I wonder if what I did could be a fix for the fps issue?  Just a thought and my two cents added for good measure.

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

I read somewhere that the bufferpools and affinitymask tweaks were not needed in FSX:SE, but that was after the fact for me as I instinctively added them to my cfg file.  Oddly enough, they worked (meaning FSX:SE didn't blow up) and I was stable, flying the NGX, with ASN and all ORBX scenery.  I wonder if what I did could be a fix for the fps issue?  Just a thought and my two cents added for good measure.

-Jim

Hey Jim,

We'll have to say I use both with no ill effects, I did check via task manager without AF in the cfg and it showed all cores running which is odd as it was meant to be optimised for i7 processors so should have defaulted to 14 which means core 0 does very little. Put AF

back in and the TM shoes correct usage so I though what the heck and left it all in..

As long as it works I am happy!

All the best

As a side fix, you can always create a transparent 2D window in the panel.cfg and resize it to say fit the left hand 33% of your screen where in the captains seat you will never click. Upon not needing to use the cursor just drag your cursor to that section and FPS will be like when the cursor is not present. In P3D this issue is seemingly fixed.

Lawrence Ashworth

XhCuv5H.jpg

We'll have to say I use both with no ill effects, I did check via task manager without AF in the cfg and it showed all cores running which is odd as it was meant to be optimised for i7 processors so should have defaulted to 14 which means core 0 does very little. Put AF

back in and the TM shoes correct usage so I though what the heck and left it all in..

I believe that in the last DTG update, they automated the Affinity Mask setting in FSX, so it dynamically adjusts the AF based on processor capability and load. Probably why you saw all the cores activated by default. Same went for Buffer Pools but I am not sure if there is any way of measuring BP how BP affects the sim. 

Here is the line from the previous release notes:

• The configuration file AFFINITYMASK value is now correctly calculated for all Core i3, i5 and i7 generation Intel CPUs.

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

I believe that in the last DTG update, they automated the Affinity Mask setting in FSX, so it dynamically adjusts the AF based on processor capability and load. Probably why you saw all the cores activated by default. Same went for Buffer Pools but I am not sure if there is any way of measuring BP how BP affects the sim. 

Here is the line from the previous release notes:

• The configuration file AFFINITYMASK value is now correctly calculated for all Core i3, i5 and i7 generation Intel CPUs.

FSX always did that, if you didn't set your own affinity mask, it would set the sim to use all cores. The default for BP in SP2 was 4M.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I set affinity in Task Manager everytime I start FSX.

I set it to cores 1/2/3/4/5 and all other stuff like ASN and other running aps to cores 0/6/7.

You have to do it every time you start FSX but fixed a lot of stuttering for me.

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

The worst offender of this is the IFLY 737NG If you have it, does it fix it there as well?

I'll test later tonight.

As a side fix, you can always create a transparent 2D window in the panel.cfg and resize it to say fit the left hand 33% of your screen where in the captains seat you will never click. Upon not needing to use the cursor just drag your cursor to that section and FPS will be like when the cursor is not present. In P3D this issue is seemingly fixed.

How would one go about doing this?