Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Will the new "Queen of the Skies" arrive this month ?

I am hoping for the Queen to arrive soon and that is what I am saving my cash for. The DC 6 for X-plane is another one but I am trying the X-plane demo now and not too sure I want to go that way yet. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Hey Steve, you gonna to do some fictional paints for this new bird ?

Hey Greg,

If you're referring to the swallow....I don't have the paintkit for it.   <_<

And if I did... I could only do paints on the original birds, as my paintshop would would need special certification for painting carbon fiber birds.  Its a tricky process and you need to use a special hardener in the final coat since the carbon fiber flexes across all the axis's vs just longitudinally on the standard swallows.

If you're referring to the 744....I'll be transferring my fictional 777 freighter paints over to non-fictional 744Fs when PMDG bestows that graceful creature upon us. :wink: (except the Titan paint of course)

In fact, if I can push this one out of the 777 hangar, I'll have another freighter paint to add to the 744F (the pic of the 744 in the screenshot is just a reference, I had to create the Kalitta font by hand, pretty time consuming) 

peOaVu.jpg

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

In fact, if I can push this one out of the 777 hangar

That's some fine lookin' pixel pushin' Steve!

Chris Sunseri

Bummer about the swallow...was hoping for a pokemon repaint... :rolleyes: Oh well looking forward to any of your fictional 744 paints....Maybe you could throw in a Wardair while your at it...  :unsure:

I believe it's going to be somewhere this year, and I even think indeed until the end of September, but I can be completely wrong...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

It is not in beta yet so that says next year to me.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Let's just say I don't see myself doing Virgin Atlantic's final 747 flight with it :)

Kyle Richardson

✈✈ F L Y D E L T A J E T S ✈✈

BUt I want it sooooooooooo BADLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Puleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze RR

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Not sure I do want it that badly.

I think that for use in virtual airlines etc PMDG has done like Boeing and missed the bus.  Or maybe the bus has taken over from it and PMDG does not do Airbus,

Now if they had done a Dreamliner maybe there is a market but I gues they were frightened their computers would catch fire.

Harry Woodrow

Both VAs I fly for operate the 747 and will do for years to come, so bring it on. I'd fly it anyway, VA or not. Much as I love the PMDG 777, I've been looking forward to a fully simulated 747-8 since 747v2 was announced (which is a very long time now).

Eventually this thread's title will turn out to be a correct prediction.

ki9cAAb.jpg

The sooner the Queen walks the catwalk, the sooner PMDG can get to work on the 767 :D

Brian Nellis

The sooner the Queen walks the catwalk, the sooner PMDG can get to work on the 767 :D

trump.png

787 then? ;D

PS - I had a genuine, and hearty chuckle. Picture couldn't be more apt!

Brian Nellis