Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Will the new "Queen of the Skies" arrive this month ?

Not sure I do want it that badly.

I think that for use in virtual airlines etc PMDG has done like Boeing and missed the bus.  Or maybe the bus has taken over from it and PMDG does not do Airbus,

Now if they had done a Dreamliner maybe there is a market but I gues they were frightened their computers would catch fire.

Well regardless of type, there are still 628 B747 in active service (figures from airfleets.net). Even if the companies remove progressively the B747 from their fleet, there will still some years before that aircraft vanishes from the skies. And it remains a very emblematic aircraft which I'm sure will be flown in sim long years after the real aircraft is grounded.

I wouldn't worry much about PMDG's choice to keep developing it.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Meu caro José Monteiro,

iniciaste este post precisamente 10 anos depois do lançamento do 'Queen of the Skies'! Exacto! 2 de Agosto de 2005 (e não 2006). :smile:

Também espero pelos 74s da PMDG, mas sem muito stress... afinal hoje há tanta coisa na simulação de voo para nos entertermos! :wink:

Um grande abraço e continuação de bons voos, sejam eles reais ou virtuais! B)

translation:

My dear José Monteiro,

you started this post precisely 10 years after the realease of PMDG 'Queen of the Skies'! Exactly! 2 of August 2005 (and not 2006).

I'm also waiting for the PMDG 74s but without much anxiety....afterall, today there are so much great stuff in the FS world to entertain us!

Best wishes and great flights, either real or virtual ones.

One never knows... Things change :-)

After all I am served, in as far as the -400 models go, very well server BTW, but I miss the -8i

But, as it was mentioned a few weeks ago that it was in internal testing already, and since August 2006 was the release date for the "Queen of the Skies", I just couldn't resist asking :-)

Pedro Lima
"The sky is the home of birds... we are just guests... guests of honor" Peter Besenyei
"...redundancy is very important in aviation; that is why airplanes have 2 wings instead of 1!" M.S.A.Q.
My videos

Whow Lonepilot!!!! Long time no see!!!!!

Grande amigo, que é feito ?

Very true, it was 2005!  I remembered well that I waited until the last day of August to go to holidays and it wasn't released. Then, a few days latter, already in Algarve, the release announcement came, and I spent the remaining days waiting for the return :-)

Really looking forward for the v2, and very specially for the 748i, but with lot's of good simming hours still awaiting to be logged in the remarkable 777, now in P3Dv2 

Grande Abraço!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Yeap, long time no seen! :D

Mesmo com a crise ainda vou arranjando algum tempo para uns voos low n' slow ou no NGX.

Já não encontro ninguem no airsim, agora que desapareceu o forum.

Um grande abraço! ;)

Pedro Lima
"The sky is the home of birds... we are just guests... guests of honor" Peter Besenyei
"...redundancy is very important in aviation; that is why airplanes have 2 wings instead of 1!" M.S.A.Q.
My videos

Queen?

Speaking of the Queen here is a great video showing one being restored after an almost complete disassembly -

https://youtu.be/x_yHtfGH0nI

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I hope that we see the new 747 soon, I have been debating about buying the Aerowinx PSX as I had the PS1.3 in the 90's.

I would love just to hear a small update on the status

JeffG

Maybe, just maybe, it will be ready for Cross the Pond. 

Patience with PMDG is a must, but it's well worth it. 

All you guys wanting the queen in your FSX/P3D, just think of us over in X-Plane. I sure hope the queen is released within a few months of it being on MSFS. 

I just got into X Plane like a lot of other guys and would like to see the Queen make it that sim. 

• Upvote 1

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Hey Ciaran I heard it will be ready for X Plane late 2017 B)

Chris Sunseri

Well I think we all reached the kind of understanding with PMDG about release dates of products....However, every new product does make me feel like a young boy again :) ......Cant wait for her majesty to arrive :) 

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

Is it in beta yet ?

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Is it in beta yet ?

Hey Paul, I'd say based on this comment by Kyle in another post...it's not even close.

http://www.avsim.com/topic/475523-predicted-performance-of-747-v2/?p=3302714

The phrase "A little early" in PMDG-time... if history is any indicator, I don't think there is a chance we'll see beta this year.

I'd love to be wrong, mind you, and I'm hoping Kyle or Robert will rub egg on my face with a beta announcement tomorrow (or by the end of the year).

I have a dozen grade A large waiting in the 'fridge guys...come on over and bust 'em in my face...just do it before they spoil please.  ^_^

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

I am going to hold my breath, so to speak, I am not buying another plane for FSX until the Queen 2 graces my hanger. popcorn.gif

I'm soooo anxiously waiting for two of the biggest Flightsim releases this year:

1. PMDG 747 V2

2. Aerosoft A330 (first ever high quality airbus widebody)

sooo much anticipation.. hope they both come out by Dec 25th 2015!!

Cheers,

Vinod Kumar.

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.