Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

If you have OOMs you might try this

First of all, I never get OOMs, so even though I installed this free trial program, I can't prove that it works or not to drastically reduce or cure OOMs, but a couple of P3D users on Facebook yesterday, claim that it works great. The person that first posted about it working, said he tried  the 30 day free trial, prior to which he got OOMs and just about every flight. As soon as he installed this product, his OOMs went away. Apparently the 30 day free trial has more features, some of which are stopped at the end of the 30 days, but the core program remains to use for free. He said that when the 30 days were up he started getting some OOMs again, so he purchased the product and as soon as he did , the OOMS stopped.  I downloaded it yesterday and it has some really cool features where it lets you set the priority for the processor to run for different programs that are running real time. My P3D was set on low, and I changed it to high. It also has a ram memory feature which I turned on as well as a gaming mode which I turned on.  Might be worth checking out, in installs really easily, has a great UI, and will even show you the amount of ram you are using and the core activity of your CPU real time.  Would be interesting to see how many P3D users that try it, get a reduction or a cure for their OOMs

https://bitsum.com/processlasso/

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

This does nothing for our Oom issues.

Type Proces Lasso in search and you will find all the info you need to know here at the Avsim P3D forum.

This does nothing for our Oom issues.

Type Proces Lasso in search and you will find all the info you need to know here at the Avsim P3D forum.

I did search before I posted this, but I guess I misspelled it.  The program still has some nice features in my opinion. These two people on Facebook yesterday claimed that it pretty much cured the constant OOMs they were getting. As I said, might be worth a try, easy to install, uninstall, start and stop and it's free to try. 

was getting out of memory within 2 minutes ,anyway thanks for sharing ,not working for me

I flew a couple of 2 hour flights with Process Lasso and what it did on my system is starting causing occasional audio stutters in P3D.  I uninstalled it.    B)

I'll stick with Process Explorer, still free, and provides lots of ways to look at system memory, VAS, I/O, and video activity as well as ability to assign affinity or priority of any running process on the fly. It's the only thing I include in my startup folder.

Process Lasso is a great program BUT you have to understand what it can do and what it can't AND spend time setting it up correctly for the main software you choose to run (P3D.)