Sign in to follow this  
jfri

Is this a realistic simulation of the Piper Archer III

Every Cherokee I've flown in real life, I've set the trim aft of neutral on takeoff. If you set it neutral you'll be fighting it off the runway. This is especially true for a 140 I flew that was very nose heavy.

I've yet to fly two aircraft with identical panels, even at flying clubs/schools! They're all built at different times for different customers who specified differing options, and then owned by several other people who made upgrades or replacements to the instrumentation and radios.

Some PA-28 will have a HSI but most just a gyro compass and OBS, some others have twin OBS. Although that doesn't really matter for VFR/PPL stuff, but the appearance and scales on various instruments such as the VSI and Turn Indicator will differ between aircraft of the same type too.

+1

Every RW aircraft of this era will be different in so many ways, especially the panel setup.

Don't get attached to any one configuration because the very next aircraft you rent/fly WILL be different.

Current Build (02/2024): AMD 7800X3D | Asrock X670E Steel Legend MB | Noctua NH-U12S Chromax | 32gb GSkill Trident Z5 DDR5-6000 CAS 30 | Samsung 990 Pro 2tb NVMe Gen4 (OS) | WD Black 4tb NVMe Gen4 (MSFS) | Corsair RM1000x Shift Series PS | ASUS RTX 4090 Strix ROG | LG 55" C2 Display

+1

Every RW aircraft of this era will be different in so many ways, especially the panel setup.

Don't get attached to any one configuration because the very next aircraft you rent/fly WILL be different.

Still I don't think a Cherokee cockpit could be the same as a Archer III one. Quite different for example

On Archer III switches on the roof and buttons for left and right magneto instead of the rotary switch behind the yoke on the Cherokee

Yes, exactly.  I think the consensus would be leading towards the fact that aircraft of the era we're talking about, 60's/70's/80's, are just going to be unique.  The simulation of such aircraft is left up to the developer to decide on one particular setup.  IMHO, A2A has done the finest simulation of GA aircraft of this era. If you're looking for a perfect replica of the aircraft you intend to train/fly in RL it may be an unrealistic (!) expectation.

Jay

Current Build (02/2024): AMD 7800X3D | Asrock X670E Steel Legend MB | Noctua NH-U12S Chromax | 32gb GSkill Trident Z5 DDR5-6000 CAS 30 | Samsung 990 Pro 2tb NVMe Gen4 (OS) | WD Black 4tb NVMe Gen4 (MSFS) | Corsair RM1000x Shift Series PS | ASUS RTX 4090 Strix ROG | LG 55" C2 Display

Still I don't think a Cherokee cockpit could be the same as a Archer III one. Quite different for example

On Archer III switches on the roof and buttons for left and right magneto instead of the rotary switch behind the yoke on the Cherokee

They are pretty close. 

I've flown four different Cherokees (an Archer is a Cherokee). They all flew pretty much the same. The panels had differences, but the general layout of the six pack is always the same.