Sign in to follow this  
jimmy64

Need ATC for Mytraffic 6

I've just purchased Mytraffic 6 for P3D. I would like to purchase an ATC program that will talk to me and my AI, in the air and on the ground, in the most realistic manner possible. Must haves, SIDs and STARS, correct phraseology, ability to know the weather provided by ASN. Any contenders?

James McLees

I've just purchased Mytraffic 6 for P3D. I would like to purchase an ATC program that will talk to me and my AI, in the air and on the ground, in the most realistic manner possible. Must haves, SIDs and STARS, correct phraseology, ability to know the weather provided by ASN. Any contenders?

Radar Contact talks to AI, uses correct phraseology, but doesn't know about SIDs and STARS, is a little bit too impatient, and is not being developed further.

ProATC doesn't (yet) talk to AI, doesn't yet have fully correct phraseology, may be more problematic in FAA areas (i.e. more suited to Europe), but does understand SIDs and STARS (and taxiways), and is still in development.

I'm afraid there's no ideal choice at present. I use Radar Contact but watch ProATC development with great interest.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Thanks Pete. Presently neither of those will fit the bill. Is anyone using Voxatc with Mytraffic 6? I read something about it working with Ultimate traffic.

James McLees

Radar Contact talks to AI, uses correct phraseology, but doesn't know about SIDs and STARS, is a little bit too impatient, and is not being developed further.

ProATC doesn't (yet) talk to AI, doesn't yet have fully correct phraseology, may be more problematic in FAA areas (i.e. more suited to Europe), but does understand SIDs and STARS (and taxiways), and is still in development.

I'm afraid there's no ideal choice at present. I use Radar Contact but watch ProATC development with great interest.

Pete

I use Pro atc all the time and I have had better results in the US versus Europe. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

James, I use Vox with My Traffic 6. Vox has its' own way of dealing with AI traffic. It generates its'own basically using the models from My Traffic. it controls the AI traffic on the ground and in the air. I'm not a huge fan of that part of the program but it works well for me otherwise.

NAX669.png

Mike that sounds promising. I only use mytraffic for the liveries so no problem there. There appears to be some added tinkering with cfg folders and quotation marks? I'll have to dig into this but this may be the solution.

James McLees

Jimmy,

When My Traffic 6 first came out, you had to remove quotation mark from an entry in the P3D. cfg (I believe). I think that problem was fixed in either an update of My Traffic or Vox, I don't remember. It's an easy fix.

NAX669.png

I tried to install the trial version of Vox several times, and finally gave up and got Pro ATC.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

See my vid, before you go...pluses and minuses...but and IMHO, Worth it.

I've had problems posting YouTube addresses via my iPad so I will copy here and change The "." to "DOT" ...from an address to plaintext ...just replace the "DOT", back to a period once pasted into the address bar of your browser.

http://youtuDOTbe/zqg1Eq_uY5I

I am also hesynergy on YT.

chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

See my vid, before you go...pluses and minuses...but and IMHO, Worth it.

I've had problems posting YouTube addresses via my iPad so I will copy here and change The "." to "DOT" ...from an address to plaintext ...just replace the "DOT", back to a period once pasted into the address bar of your browser.

http://youtuDOTbe/zqg1Eq_uY5I

I am also hesynergy on YT.

chas

Nice video, but I think that Pro ATC is much more organized in it's approach. 

ProATC doesn't (yet) talk to AI...

To me it seems ProATC does. During my last flight I saw it twice. The first was a Condor plane on collision course with me. ProATC instructed it to slow down a little when it started to climb like a rocket. I quickly opened up FsMovMap2 on my android to see it had climbed from 38K to 49K where it had apparently stalled because it circled and only 100 knots speed. The second was a plane behind me on short final. Same instruction came to slow down, it then dissapeared.

Must have been ProATC, can't think of anything else doing that.

Greetz,

Guys I've downloaded Voxatc 6.52 which has fixed "an issue" with MT6.  I only see traffic with the P3D traffic sliders set. Afaik, Voxatc does not interact with them, only traffic set by it's slider. With the Vox sliders @ 50 and P3D sliders @ 0 I have no traffic. So it seems that I still must do some tinkering. Trouble is, some of the explanations on how the get this done assume one knows more about the process than I do.

James McLees

To me it seems ProATC does. During my last flight I saw it twice. The first was a Condor plane on collision course with me. ProATC instructed it to slow down a little when it started to climb like a rocket. I quickly opened up FsMovMap2 on my android to see it had climbed from 38K to 49K where it had apparently stalled because it circled and only 100 knots speed. The second was a plane behind me on short final. Same instruction came to slow down, it then dissapeared.

Must have been ProATC, can't think of anything else doing that.

Greetz,

Pro ATC only talks to planes on the taxiways, not in the air. . 

Pro ATC only talks to planes on the taxiways, not in the air. . 

FWIW, "Condor 'flightnr', slow down to 2.. knots". Both, Condor and flightnr. matched with the AI plane that was crossing my path. It then gave away a great show in the early morning sky. I knew about the taxiway instructions, but it seems it also does in the air.

FWIW, "Condor 'flightnr', slow down to 2.. knots". Both, Condor and flightnr. matched with the AI plane that was crossing my path. It then gave away a great show in the early morning sky. I knew about the taxiway instructions, but it seems it also does in the air.

Well it turns out you are correct. I have been almost hit a few times on approaches, so I assumed that Pro ATC didn't control traffic in the air, but apparently according to the specs it does.  I guess when an aircraft gives way on a taxiway, that is My Traffic X doing that, since Pro ATC is not supposed to control AI on the ground yet, but may in a future update.