Sign in to follow this  
STUART_H

No rudder movement

I have configured my CH Throttles, Yoke and Rudder in fsuipc, and every thing appears assigned and calibrated. When I go into the Majestic Control Panel / Flight Controls, all axis appear to be moving fine. However, when I check the aircraft in FSX, the Ailerons, Elevator, and particularly the Rudder are not moving as expected. In fact the Rudder is not moving at all.

Has anyone else experienced similar and know how to fix, as impossible to fly the plane?

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

You must calibrate your controls within the Majestic Control Panel, it's not sufficient to just set them in FSX or FSUIPC.

Also, as silly as this sounds, make sure the simulator isn't paused, that's caught many people out!

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Your flight control surfaces will not move without hydraulics, aka... the engines have to be running.

Cheers, Jazz

Oh yeah that's a good point, make sure all control and gust locks are off and the hydraulics are running. On the Q400, the ailerons are directly actuated and everything else is hydraulic.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

I didn't realize the ailerons weren't hydraulic powered. It does make sense, considering the Q400 has a gust lock. I've learned something new today. Thank You, Ckyliu.

regards, Jazz

On 8/18/2015 at 3:03 PM, ckyliu said:

Oh yeah that's a good point, make sure all control and gust locks are off and the hydraulics are running.

How are the gust locks disabled?

spacer.png

The large black handle on the pedestal ahead of the thrust levers, Bombardier call it a "control lock"

Edited by ckyliu

support1.jpg

On 17/08/2015 at 10:06 AM, ckyliu said:

You must calibrate your controls within the Majestic Control Panel, it's not sufficient to just set them in FSX or FSUIPC.

Also, as silly as this sounds, make sure the simulator isn't paused, that's caught many people out!

Simulator is not running, trying to set the tiller after selecting Spoiler Axis. Cannot see anything happening under Flight Controls. It's as if my joystick is not linked to anything.The Output boxes remain what they are, blank.

How is the nosewheel steering set, plain and simple?

• Upvote 1

The reason you can't see anything happening under Flight Controls is simple: you need the Q400 loaded in the sim because that's where MJC84CPAN gets control postion data.

• Upvote 1

support1.jpg