Sign in to follow this  
dubus

Move the seat ?

well ofc you cannot get the view in of all the panels with a zoom level that high what a ridiculous statement to make. And moving your view point back is not like widening your view....zooming out?

This is nuts.

Out out of here.......

Buy a cheap second screen and use it how I do then, one above the other.

mine0341e.jpg

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

And the default camera forces that you cannot totally get rid of, make this even worse. Once the airplane gets going, the camera moves back more with the airplane's acceleration. The headrest is right there

If using Ezdok it is essential to switch off FSX's camera acceleration effects, something I'd recommend doing anyway, but especially with Ezdok or TrackIR. The FSX effects are totally unrealistic and exaggerated.

The reason why the panel looks to be in your face at a zoom level of 1 is because that's like it is in the aircraft when sitting in the optimum eyepoint position. You are quite close to the panel and need to look down to see all of it. Moving the eyepoint back to allow yourself to see more of the panel at a zoom of 1.0 defeats the object of using 1.0. If you want to see more use a wider zoom setting, but bear in mind this is not what a pilot sees.

I find a zoom of 0.8 allows me to see the PFD, ND, upper EICAS and a reasonable view forward in the 777 at the default eyepoint position. It's a compromise between correct perspective and a usable view. Obviously I have to pan around to see other things but that's realistic. You can't expect to see everything at once.

ki9cAAb.jpg

If using Ezdok it is essential to switch off FSX's camera acceleration effects, something I'd recommend doing anyway, but especially with Ezdok or TrackIR. The FSX effects are totally unrealistic and exaggerated.

The reason why the panel looks to be in your face at a zoom level of 1 is because that's like it is in the aircraft when sitting in the optimum eyepoint position. You are quite close to the panel and need to look down to see all of it. Moving the eyepoint back to allow yourself to see more of the panel at a zoom of 1.0 defeats the object of using 1.0. If you want to see more use a wider zoom setting, but bear in mind this is not what a pilot sees.

I find a zoom of 0.8 allows me to see the PFD, ND, upper EICAS and a reasonable view forward in the 777 at the default eyepoint position. It's a compromise between correct perspective and a usable view. Obviously I have to pan around to see other things but that's realistic. You can't expect to see everything at once.

How do I switch off the fsx acceleration effects? I have already changed all the fsx.cfg settings to 0, and still get movement with changing heading and also acceleration.

I use .7 and still if I want to move back to get a clear view of all the panel the headrest is right there about to interrupt my view

How do I switch off the fsx acceleration effects? I have already changed all the fsx.cfg settings to 0, and still get movement with changing heading and also acceleration.

I use .7 and still if I want to move back to get a clear view of all the panel the headrest is right there about to interrupt my view

As well as setting dynamic head movement values to 0.0 in fsx.cfg make sure momentum effect is false in cameras.cfg too.

If you still get acceleration effects it may be Ezdok that's doing it. Try disabling dynamic effects there too (I always switch them all off anyway and only use it for camera positioning). If you still want dynamic effects you can reduce them using the overall gains in the Ezdok menus.

Unfortunately you can't avoid the effects of heading change. It's a bug, nothing to do with dynamic head movement/acceleration effects.

As I said, you can't expect to see the whole panel with one fixed viewpoint. Some panning and tilt will be necessary if you use a more relaistic zoom. You don't need to see all of the panel all of the time so it's a limitation that's easy to get used to. Ezdok makes it easy by assigning the middle mouse button/wheel for view control.

I've long since gone back to using default FSX camera control, views defined by developers and use mouse+spacebar for panning around. I found I was using so little of Ezdok features in the end it was hardly worth installing it and setting it up for each addon.

ki9cAAb.jpg

I've long since gone back to using default FSX camera control, views defined by developers and use mouse+spacebar for panning around.

Agree. My preference is the trackball, which doesn't require any desktop space except for the spot where it sits. The spacebar+trackball is so easy to use that after months of XPlane I still can't get used to it's methods of view panning.  You know something is working for you when you don't have to think about using it.

Dan Downs KCRP

As well as setting dynamic head movement values to 0.0 in fsx.cfg make sure momentum effect is false in cameras.cfg too.

If you still get acceleration effects it may be Ezdok that's doing it. Try disabling dynamic effects there too (I always switch them all off anyway and only use it for camera positioning). If you still want dynamic effects you can reduce them using the overall gains in the Ezdok menus.

Unfortunately you can't avoid the effects of heading change. It's a bug, nothing to do with dynamic head movement/acceleration effects.

As I said, you can't expect to see the whole panel with one fixed viewpoint. Some panning and tilt will be necessary if you use a more relaistic zoom. You don't need to see all of the panel all of the time so it's a limitation that's easy to get used to. Ezdok makes it easy by assigning the middle mouse button/wheel for view control.

I've long since gone back to using default FSX camera control, views defined by developers and use mouse+spacebar for panning around. I found I was using so little of Ezdok features in the end it was hardly worth installing it and setting it up for each addon.

I use ezdok too very well in B738 pmdg and A320X, but I never disable anything at all of what you say, and it works great. I've also look tons of video on how to configure ezdok on youtube, but none of them say to disable or modify some cfg. file. The only thing they say to disable are the hot keys for views - left,right,up,down,shift+a, shift+s and A or S. Why is necessary to messup some file from FSX if it works very well without doing it?

I use ezdok too very well in B738 pmdg and A320X, but I never disable anything at all of what you say, and it works great. I've also look tons of video on how to configure ezdok on youtube, but none of them say to disable or modify some cfg. file. The only thing they say to disable are the hot keys for views - left,right,up,down,shift+a, shift+s and A or S. Why is necessary to messup some file from FSX if it works very well without doing it?

I suppose it's a matter of personal preference. The FSX dynamic head movement is very exaggerated and I had that disabled long before Ezdok came out. I don't want my view lurching forward every time I apply the brake, or backwards when I apply thrust. It's quite possible FSX DHM combined with Ezdok DHM might push the camera back behind the headrest under takeoff acceleration and stop the mouse being able to control panel clickspots.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Thank you for the tips. But the heading change is the cause of annoyance for me in the 777, since it happens so often flying the 777 to different continents. Much different flying than short hops or even 4 hour flights in the 737. Too bad the momentum cannot be countered by ezdok.

-David Lee

Thank you for the tips. But the heading change is the cause of annoyance for me in the 777, since it happens so often flying the 777 to different continents. Much different flying than short hops or even 4 hour flights in the 737. Too bad the momentum cannot be countered by ezdok.

-David Lee

The movement with heading change is nothing to do with the FSX momentum effect. It's a bug.

ki9cAAb.jpg