Sign in to follow this  
belongedtoair

Not so happy with V3

Hello everyone.

I finally got the V3. After reading many reviews about the improvements in V3, I was so excited to try it.

I have no addons installed, only PMDG ngx . All vanilla, fresh install of V3. I loaded a flight with all default settings, I was getting stutters. Then lowered my settings in sim, and made some changes in NV inspector, it became better.

But the problem is, I see %99 of GPU load all time, while CPU is around %40 and %50. I've got a FX6300 OC'ed to 4.2 and factory OC'ed 660Ti.

I'm thinking about the Affinity Mask setting, will it help? And is it normal using %99 of GPU with low-mid settings with my gpu?

Thanks

With that rig I'd probably take advantage of the refund, and stick with FSX.

You could probably get it to work with a vanilla install, but addons ? 

I'd have to agree with louis on this one. Seems your CPU may be okay but your GPU is on the minimum end of the spectrum for requirements for V3. Anyone on a budget I'd recommend a GTX 970 and I bet you'll see an improvement. 

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

With that rig I'd probably take advantage of the refund, and stick with FSX.

You could probably get it to work with a vanilla install, but addons ? 

Sorry I forgot to mention that I'm using pmdg ngx and get these results, but no other addons like sceneries.

That fx6300 CPU is definitely not helping matters either. Never mind core count and clock speeds, its an older architecture chip that just can't hold its own against a modern Intel. Not bashing AMD, just my experience with p3d. And +1 for the 970gtx, great card for what you pay.

Well, while I was using FSX, I was getting an OOM on almost every flight. And I can't afford a new GPU or a new system now. So I think it's better to stick with v2.5 or v3.

Fsx dx10 :) thats what I use with my 560ti and I have never been happier..

Getting a 970 with that cpu would be a waste of $$. That old cpu can't pump enough data to a 970 to make any real difference. You *might* see some with a 780 but I doubt it.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Getting a 970 with that cpu would be a waste of $$. That old cpu can't pump enough data to a 970 to make any real difference. You *might* see some with a 780 but I doubt it.

Vic

Yup sum of two parts I'm afraid - you dont have a fast engine with an old tired transmission - both need attention 

Rich Sennett

Well, while I was using FSX, I was getting an OOM on almost every flight. And I can't afford a new GPU or a new system now. So I think it's better to stick with v2.5 or v3.

Have you tried FSX-SE? With it's VAS management fixes, similar to P3D 3.0, you shouldn't see OOM's in normal operation. DTG has big sales periodically where you can pick it up as low as $5.00. It normally $24.99 So you won't lose much if that don't work either a $5 loss is much easier to stomach then a $200 mistake.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I don't understand why people complain when they run the bare minimum spec system and get dodgy performance!

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

I don't understand why people complain when they run the bare minimum spec system and get dodgy performance!

We never hear from them. We always seem to hear from the `bare minimum spec'er` who's trying to run some of the most intensive addons and resource-consuming aftermarket products. You can buy a cheap Kia, but you won't win a Grand Prix in one. Even if you add slick tyres and go-faster stripes. 

No substitute for POWER !

Hello everyone.

I finally got the V3. After reading many reviews about the improvements in V3, I was so excited to try it.

I have no addons installed, only PMDG ngx . All vanilla, fresh install of V3. I loaded a flight with all default settings, I was getting stutters. Then lowered my settings in sim, and made some changes in NV inspector, it became better.

But the problem is, I see %99 of GPU load all time, while CPU is around %40 and %50. I've got a FX6300 OC'ed to 4.2 and factory OC'ed 660Ti.

I'm thinking about the Affinity Mask setting, will it help? And is it normal using %99 of GPU with low-mid settings with my gpu?

Thanks

It's not your GPU it's your CPU that's causing your issues. I noticed very little difference when I went from a 660ti to a GTX770 and next to no difference when I went to a GTX980. The only time I got a large bump in fps is when I switched from an AMD fx8350 at 4.5ghz to a Intel 4790k at 4.5ghz. When I built the Intel rig I reused everything even the ram from the AMD Fx-8350 build and gained 20-25 FPS in FSX and P3D just from switching CPU'S to be honest AMDs suck at flight sim because they are poor in single core performance which is what FSX and p3dv3 need to run well. Instead of a new video card I'd look into a new motherboard and CPU everything else can be reused. You can also try adding the Fibertime fraction tweak it gained be about 10 fps on my Intel rug so it's bound to help on your AMD but you may get blurry textures as I always did with my AMD but on a side note I've never had that issue with my intel.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I loaded a flight with all default settings, I was getting stutters. 

FYI, Default setting for P3D will have you locked at 20 FPS which may make the sim feel like it's stuttering.  Try setting to either 30 FPS or Unlimited and see how that works for you.

You may also think about running 3DMark FireStrike 1.1 and report back the score it gives you ... that will provide some reference point to how you system is performing -- not necessarily how it will work in P3D, but will give us some reference point and from there recommendations can be made.

Cheers, Rob.

Wait, you have a 660 Ti that works at 99%, and I have a GTX 660 that works at about 60-70%?

P3D confuses me.

Have you tried FSX-SE? With it's VAS management fixes, similar to P3D 3.0, you shouldn't see OOM's in normal operation. DTG has big sales periodically where you can pick it up as low as $5.00. It normally $24.99 So you won't lose much if that don't work either a $5 loss is much easier to stomach then a $200 mistake.

That's the thing. I can pump out beautiful images, sharp, non-shimmering textures, less VAS usage and about 30% better frame rates in FSX:SE, and I have no idea why!

I really want it to be the other way around! It's incredibly frustrating, and feels like a $200 mistake. I must....somehow....fix this before I lose my mind.

• Upvote 1