Sign in to follow this  
Michael Moe

Saitek rudder and brakes problem help

Hi.

Is there anyone Who have succeded with FSUIPC calibrating and assigning the Saitek rudder pedals?

Sometimes the brakes stop working or just goes anti reverse in function.

Also left and right brake only is visible when sending direct for calibrating.

Please help with a to z here.

Apreciated

P3DV3

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

First, the simple basics.   Make sure you have unassigned ALL your axis inputs in P3D's control menu.    You want FSUIPIC to control everything.   Don't let P3D have any control over your input controls.   Do this for all your attached joystick devices.  People forget to do this step sometimes before setting their controls in FSUIPC.  It will interfere and give you weird results.

Once all your controls are cleared from P3D you can start calibrating your axis in FSUIPC.   Be sure these are sent as direct control inputs from FSUIPC.   Most planes won't wig out over this.  The Aerosoft airbus line may not like this setup but that is one of the great features of FSUIPC; Plane Specific control sets.   For Airbus, I only have luck setting up controls if I tell FSUPIC to treat the axis like FS ones instead of FSUIPC.  If you don't do this, you may be unable to apply thrust or steer the plane at all.

Once you have calibrated all your axis it's time to assign them.    Be sure to leave some dead zone, especially on your rudder and brakes.    Don't forget to check the box for your brakes that Reverse them.   For throttles, tell it you don't have Reverse capable controls if you want to use the entire movement range of your throttles for thrust.    I do this and use one of my throttle's trigger buttons to engage the reverses for as long as I have it held down.

This works fantastically for me on my setup.  I have a Saitek X65F with Combat Rudder Pedals.  I have no issues with my controls.  They are smooth.

I also recommend, when assigning axis that you use the Slope function that is available for each control surface you assign.   I use -4 on the Elevators and Ailerons..   I use a -2 on my throttle and my rudders.   

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Thanks alot. Did not fully understand this direct to calibrating and then calibrate in another menubar. Strange thing is that there was entry in P3DV3 own axis assigning allthough i was pretty sure i had deleted all way back. The issue just started halfway down the taxiway.

Thanks for explaining. Will try slope whatever it is and find deadzone and values

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Thanks alot. Did not fully understand this direct to calibrating and then calibrate in another menubar. Strange thing is that there was entry in P3DV3 own axis assigning allthough i was pretty sure i had deleted all way back. The issue just started halfway down the taxiway.

Thanks for explaining. Will try slope whatever it is and find deadzone and values

Michael Moe

just add to what Brian has pointed out once you have cleared the p3d axis controls out, export the new control settings, I find for some odd reason they get reassigned, all you need to if this happens is do an import of your saved controls settings.

bob

Michael Moe

When I get home today I'll do a little screen cap guide in here so you have a reference for future reinstalls of the sim.   It's sometimes easier to show than tell.  

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

just add to what Brian has pointed out once you have cleared the p3d axis controls out, export the new control settings, I find for some odd reason they get reassigned, all you need to if this happens is do an import of your saved controls settings.

bob

Ahh so its not just me  :wink:  is it called controls.cfg or something ?

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Ahh so its not just me  :wink:  is it called controls.cfg or something ?

Thanks

Michael Moe

in p3d go to options-controls -axis,  bot right of the pop up screen you will see export/import give it a file name -save, for some reason it takes awhile after pressing ok

bob

• Upvote 1

Hi 

did anyone suffered loosing his left toe on the rudder breaks from Saitek. I have been using my rudder for almost a year and half and now the left one doesn't calibrate nor function at all . The right side is fully function with FSUIPC . The right one nothing come when you scan and off course no calibration at all. Anyone had this issue or this is a hardware drop ? Thanks 

Hi yes I have lost the left toe it just stopped working one day and cant seem to fix it. I thought it was a hardware issue but I dont think that is the case. Strange thing I dont understand why .

Cheers

Luke

I had the same issue lost my left toe control completely no access , Indid contact Saitek with the issue and to my surprise they responded fast and I was requested to ship it back and in three weeks I received a new set which is working fine now. This is a hardware issue so do not waste your time trying to resolve. Go to Saitek .com make an account and then open a ticket and your replacement should be there in 3 to 4 weeks

Cheers

Bringing up an old thread.... but I am finding with P3D v4.3 and the latest FSUIPC, I cannot assign ANY aircraft rudder as a FSUIPC calibrated input axis.

Is this the same for everyone ? It is really irritating as assigning using the Direct to FS axis,  I am then unable to adjust sensitivity or linearity (via the curve function)... real shame. 

Just tried it, p3d v4, w10. working ok. …. direct to FSUIPC calibration, ...….in the drop down box selected rudder …...then joystick calibrated.

bob

sorry should have added .. that's with ch products pedals.  

Edited by onebob