Sign in to follow this  
newtie

Orbx KPSP in P3D V3?

I have the latest PSP installer and installing it to a different directory isn't possible.  How are you guys doing this?  When the installer pops up there are three radio buttons, FSX, P3D1 and P3D2.  If I press P3D2 it goes to my P3D2 directory location - no way to change it.

Bah I just used the scenery library location from P3D2 to install it to v3.  It looks fine.  There are no night lighting effects though. I did MRY as well but there's a huge elevation issue.  Oh well I can live with that until they release NCA and MRY in v3.

pspv3.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

KPSP (as most other Orbx airports) install without problems either by setting some smart symbolic links to trick the installer (replacing all relevant P3Dv2 directories with symbolic links to the their counterparts in P3Dv3) or by using the Estonia Migration Tool (I don't own it but heard it works fine). Do not try the first procedure if you don't understand the inner workings of P3D, because it has some potential to screw up your P3D if you do it wrong.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Well I DID update the libraries as well, FTX central v2 is not showing me anymore that my ORBXLIBs are out of date. Still I get this error message for about 4 or 5 of my about 10 installed ORBX airports. Strange...

Well, my bad. I really have those error messages for four of my ORBX airports, but KPSP is not amongst them.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

When will an update to KPSP be released  to allow it to be installed in P3DV3?

percy

When will an update to KPSP be released to allow it to be installed in P3DV3?

Jarrad posted on the Orbx forums yesterday about KPSP, he was waiting to release KTEX(which came out today) and he will finish the installer and a patch for v3.2 and FTX SOCAL, apparently it`s a lot of work and will need time.

• Upvote 1

tpewpb-6.png

I was able to install KPSP and KSEZ in P3D V3 by editing the registry and changing

P3Dv3: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3]

to   [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2]

Perform both installations and then changing the registry back to the original

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3]

Everything seems to be working fine.

I noticed that this thread started 17 November 2015 and still no KPSP installer. While applauding ORBX's stellar performance with the v3 installers it strikes me as odd that one of the jewel APTS  in the FTX crown remains an orphan.

Ah well, patience, like hope, springs eternal in the human breast. No pun intended.

Gareth

I noticed that this thread started 17 November 2015 and still no KPSP installer. While applauding ORBX's stellar performance with the v3 installers it strikes me as odd that one of the jewel APTS  in the FTX crown remains an orphan.

Ah well, patience, like hope, springs eternal in the human breast. No pun intended.

Gareth

JV said they had to do some more tweaking to get it to go along with new openlc, hopefully it won't be much longer.

Ah, that's good news. Thanks very much Jason.

• Upvote 1