Sign in to follow this  
Staffan

So I took the plunge and started to repaint the PA-31. Part 3

They look great - thank you!!

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

Absolutely impressive!

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Guest BeaverDriver

These are absolutely spectacular Staffan! I am really looking forward to being able to pick these up. There is nothing better to a Navajo than those classic lines and paint schemes. I do some painting myself and know full well how much effort has gone into these. Great job and thank you!!!

These are absolutely spectacular Staffan! I am really looking forward to being able to pick these up. There is nothing better to a Navajo than those classic lines and paint schemes. I do some painting myself and know full well how much effort has gone into these. Great job and thank you!!!

Thanks Glenn.

I am currently fiddeling with the alpha layers since I lightened up the white base textures. Then there is the US reg for the red and blue to do. :Whew:

Staffan

Guest BeaverDriver

Sounds great Staffan! I think earlier someone requested a set with no registrations painted on so those who can do simpler things can add their own. I'd like that myself. Would that be possible to do?

Thanks again Staffan?

Sounds great Staffan! I think earlier someone requested a set with no registrations painted on so those who can do simpler things can add their own. I'd like that myself. Would that be possible to do?

Thanks again Staffan?

Yes, it is possible. However, it will be a real fight to line it up properly for whoever who will take the plunge.  :Nail Biting: 

Staffan

Guest BeaverDriver

That's no problem Staffan. I will sometimes put them on the tail or at a point on the rear quarter fuselage where you aren't crossing boundaries. I've seen them in various places like that IRL so it's not unrealistic. It's actually much harder to match colours on patches covering the baked on registrations than it is to place them elsewhere. If you could do the unregistered versions, man that would really make my day!

Thanks Staffan!

I am ready with the paints. Just need to wrap the files. So far, there will be the red with both US and swedish reg. Yellow with US reg and blue with swedish. :wink:

Staffan

I am ready with the paints. Just need to wrap the files. So far, there will be the red with both US and swedish reg. Yellow with US reg and blue with swedish. :wink:

Great...Thank you...