Sign in to follow this  
DreamAero

Catch 22... FSX Steam...FSX Gold.....FSX Steam... FSX Gold....Both!

Hi everyone,

Not sure I can answer your question on the AI traffic. I have not observed this with Steam Edition.

By AI Traffic problem I mean to say, there is some LOD (Level of Detail) problem I think.

Take for example, I selected Ultralite Trike aircraft and the airport I selected was Dubai (OMDB) default airport, I was standing on runway 30 L and when I saw the gates in Virtual Cockpit view I could not see a single aircraft till I went near them but I switched to external views I could clearly see them even while I was on the Runway.

It seems to be a LOD problem I guess, my LOD settings sliders are on extreme right.

I did not suffer from this problem while using FSX boxed version. Anyways I will do some more research on this and revert back its too early to say what must be causing this problem. I have however enabled the "preview DX10"

and disabled aircraft casts shadows on itself option.

I encountered 2 other problems but have fixed them, they were reduced AI Traffic at the airport even though my AI Traffic slider was at 100%. But I will be installing World Of AI traffics soon so this is not a problem.

2nd problem was the flickering and disappearing of taxiway and runway markings at airports. but I managed to fix this issue as well by downloading a small patch called "FSX DX10 shaders".

Apart from the above problems I am very much happy with the performance of FSX Steam edition. 

Still there is more to come as Active Sky Next and Rex 4 Texture Direct will be installed soon as they are currently on steam downloads. :-)

Regards

Dreamaero

I believe orbx don't support dual install.. I think...

ZORAN

Hi,

I believe orbx don't support dual install.. I think... 

I have FSX Steam Edition as a single sim setup.

I dont have any ORBX Scenery except one (Friday Harbor) which is currently downloading from steam. Not yet installed

Regards

Dreamaero

Just an FYI - Orbx have been providing quad installiers since about July this year where both boxed FSX and SE are supported on the same machine. Current focus is on the Orbx Regions.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

OK, Now, I have only FSX Gold version installed together with a lot of add ons.  I've decided to delete the boxed version and install the steam version.  would you recommend also uninstalling all my aircraft and scenery?  then loading them back in one by one. - so in essence starting completely over from the beginning.

Thanks for your help with this.

Yes,

if you have uninstalled the original boxed version, then once you have Steam Edition installed, you'll need to  run the installers again for each add-on you have. This may require you to download the latest installers from each Add-on supplier again.

Regards,

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

ConcordeX is currently in Beta testing for FSX-SE and P3D.  I am on the beta team and would say FSL are probably a month out from getting all of the issues fixed and releasing the product.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000