Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

"Your computer has run out of available memory" - any troubleshooting tips?

But, by the way, and this is where I agree with gwillmot and the OP, FS2004 is no "sad scenario"; at least not if it is brought up to what we FS9ers call a FS9.75 or FS9.X. A look into the screenshots section will prove it.

For me its not a sad scenario, because I can fly in FS9 and then go to P3D V3.1 and enjoy much better realism if I want, using the much better ASN, GSX, PMDG 737NGX/777, A2A C182/172, with Orbx Global packs. FS9 does not have this advantage, most of the addons are old and not as good as the new. Hi Fi would never make a worse weather program for a newer sim would they? And I have the original PMDG 737 for FS9, compared to the NGX is it quite sad in comparison - great at the time it was released yes, but not anymore now that we have the NGX available. If one cannot agree with this then one's head is buried in the sand. 

Screen shots of the best of FS9 and screen shots of the best of P3D are going to tell the truth somewhat. Its better to compare flying real time with the best FS9 setup (sad compared) to the best P3D setup. Unless a simmers day consists of screenshot taking rather than flying, it will always be the flight experience that counts, not how nice a still image looks.

FS9 was a very nice version and I still use it on occasion. For fun I still even use FS1-FSX-SE and ATP,FU3,UFO,Flight Light and even the ancient Thunder Chopper. When I want the best immersive experience, I'm compelled to go with P3D V3.1 which is the latest and greatest for now, at least until NGFS is ready or maybe DTG will release a worthy flight sim soon. 

The OP is about OOM's and my response to this OOM problem is telling people that a company is working to get us all out of that dilemma. This is likely going to require that some people leave FS9 for a moment and try NGFS, it may also mean a hardware upgrade. But I'm certainly never going to tell people they have to leave FS9 ever, and nobody has to even listen to my suggestion about looking into NGiS, I just offer the information with some facts that may hurt some who love their addons and sometimes they take offence, but really there is no need to be offended, just let the facts speak for themselves.       

In closing I want to make it clear, I have nothing against using older programs and hardware. As a matter of fact this weekend I intend to bring out the old ATARI 2600 and SEGA Master System (they still run excellently) on 2 old 32" tube TVs I still have working, to enjoy some laughs with friends and family. All the while my main PC will have a 777 on a 12-15 hour flight in P3D, and I will have other PC's going so people can fly around or play a version of the original Wesson Int'l TRACON on a Windows 3.0/DOS 6.22 system. After all that we may just play a board game (talking about old games!) of RISK, Monopoly or CLUE... we'll see.

Where to start with this load of garbage...,

Shame P3D looks like a bad cartoon still. Realism? Sure if you live in a fantasy world.

As for the lates and greatest, the iFly 747-400 has set the new standard...and available in FS9. And the iFLy 737 can do everything the FSuX NGX can do...and more. They were playing catchup to the iFly guys for awhile. So...right.

As for screens, most of the latest fs9 not only look every it as good, I'd say look better then most p3d screens.

Older program? Yep. Worse? Nope. In fact, mucho better. But whatever makes you feel better about yourself.

Anyway, dis is da fs9 house. Leave!!! Don't let the door hit you on the way out. :D

Once again my offer for hope for the OP having to do with OOM's gets met with anger and disrespect. I wont and never have said FS9 is bad, I was replied to with false comparisons of FS9 and FSX/P3D and I corrected them.

I wonder if you would tell the flight simming community that PMDG products and the PMDG company is garbage. Your trying to be a thug, I know for sure you would not talk to me like that in person.

Some questions you likely wont want to hear but, they are valid in response to your points.

So how's the iFly 737 NG's HUD in FS9 compared to PMDG's HUD in FSX?  Oh its not as good huh? How about the weather & terrain radar on the ND?

How is the tessellation in FS9? oh you mean your stuck in DX9? oh ok. No wonder the screen shots aren't and can't be as good pound for pound. Just take a screen shot of the default flight in FS9 w/o addons and one of P3D default flight w/o addons and see which is better- then add all the addons you want to FS9 and let the same kind of addons be added to P3D, you guessed it.... P3D is better -- same location, time , weather, (apples to apples)  no matter what FS9 is not able to be as good as P3DV3  

How do you fly your iFly 747 over the poles in FS9? oh you cant even fly near the poles?  I can fly over the poles no problem in P3D.

So how many addons do you need in FS9 just to make it look as good as P3D w/o addons? How many NI adaptations need to be made?

and finally how are them billboards for clouds doing? talking about 2D cartoons...

its not a matter of feeling or opinion no, its all about facts. I wont say that iFly products are bad, but I wonder why they don't make a 737 or 747 version for FS2000? Why not FS2002?

Just guide your passion for FS9 with correct facts and there is no problem. Truly I say to you, taking your frustration of being stuck with FS9 (for whatever reason) out on me is fine, you cant hurt me...my life is better than great and that is why I replied with hope to the OP....I'm not here to fight. OOM's are the #1 nightmare for flight simmers and its time they became a distant memory, not much longer to wait.

Anyway, you should be gad you got me and not Mr 'grumpy' G. :P

You evidently didn't read some earlier posts to this topic.  Mr. G is now a more kinder and gentler "grumpy" ..... although he still will battle flightsim "prima donnas" (and FSX "intruders/trollers") as his quest ..... but with a soft foam lance .....maybe ..... sorta.

OK Jon the Aus .... here's a new song for ya:

Cue the music ..... Don Meredith on Monday Night Football .... or Willie Nelson if you prefer .......

Turn out the lights

The party’s over

They say that

All good things must end

Call it tonight

The party’s over

And tomorrow starts

The same old thing again

Yes, but, as the O/P, to get back to the point about OoMs (rather than which version of FS is the best), and by way of a summary, these errors were not caused by the machine running out of resources, in the way they often were in a 32-bit O/s (and with only 2Gbs of RAM!), but, apparently, by a corrupt (not fragmented - I only have SSDs on this PC) page file: rebuilding it seems to have cured the problem. 

Glad you cured it. I would have wondered because since changing over to Win7 my OOMs went away forever.

About the other dispute (and sorry that I wasn't able to resist just one little moment): This discussion has to pop up from time to time, just like a refreshing thunderstorm. Afterwards, the air is clean and fresh here in FS9ers' country again.

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

First time I'd had OoM errors since I went over to Windows 7 (years ago!). Imagine my shock (and the expletives I used!)...