Sign in to follow this  
bar_rodoy

Mobile version

Hey. For some reason AVSIM forums are no longer shown as a mobile site on my phone. That's strange because other site do... I am using Google Chrome on LG G2 with stock Android 5 Lollipop.. Any ideas?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Just go the left bottom of the page where it says "use mobile version"

I have the same here with an iphone 5 and safari. Avsim used to "recognize" the mobile device.

Now I have to choose the mobile version manually every other day or so....

If I use the mobile version, I get gobblygook.  If I don't use the mobile version, everything looks perfect and I can surf the forums with ease.  So something must be wrong.

Best regards,

Jim, it is awfully awkward to easily read the forums now, esp on smaller phones (ie mine! :P ) Could we revert back to automatically recognising mobile devices please? It would make the whole experience much more friendly. :) Thanks K

The problem I found with mobile detection on the web site was every time I viewed the site on a tablet (iPad mini) it brought up the mobile version which was horrible to navigate, I prefer the the way it is now but I understand the views of others, I just in general don't have a problem with some websites not being mobile friendly.