Sign in to follow this  
bjapp677

NGX and P3D V3 FPS drop at destination airport

Hi guys

I have a FPS issue when flying a NGX (and 777), FPS drops significantly when arriving at the destination airport.

My spec are: i7 3930k @4.2Ghz, GTX670 4G, P3D V3.0 on a SSD.

Addons:  FTX Global base+vector, REX soft cloud, ASN SP4 Build 5833.

This morning I booted a flight from KSFO HD to T2G KSEA which is about 600nm of the trip. I took off from KSFO with 50% default AI and ASN weather, the FPS stayed around 35 in VC and 40 in the outside (lock at 40).

During the cruise the FPS stay at solid 38-39 in VC.

BUT, when the decent starts, FPS started to drop. I touched at 34L of KSEA with only 15-20 FPS in VC.

During the whole flight the VAS stayed around 1.5-1.6GB, CPU load around 15%, GPU load around 50%.

I tried to find out the reason but no good. Who killed the FPS?

Bai Jian

Blame it on T2G KSEA and verify by turning it off and trying. You can test it sitting on the active runway, no need to make a test flight.

I like T2G KSEA and just added it during their current sale, but I turn off their terrain in favor of the OrbxFTXNA PNW much better and frame rate friendly scenery.

Dan Downs KCRP

Vas around 1.6? Ngx itself takes 600 MB and what about rest? Is p3d using 50% of fsx vas?

With global Base + vector + add on airport you should see something in range of 2.5 gig at least?

Hi Dan

Sitting in there and fly into it are totally different stories.

When I load up a flight with NGX or 777 at T2G KSEA going nohwere of just flying the local it gives me a solid 35-38fps in VC and 40 outside (lock at 40).

But to fly into it from like 300nm away changes everything.

Yesterday I took another flight just for test, from Flytempa LOWW v2.7 to a very small addno aiport EDBC, fps droped too when I was approaching destination. I tried closing ASN to remove all cloud and turned out it gained me like 3-5fps, I landed with 22-24fps in VC.

Bai Jian

Yesterday I took another flight just for test, from Flytempa LOWW v2.7 to a very small addno aiport EDBC, fps droped too when I was approaching destination. I tried closing ASN to remove all cloud and turned out it gained me like 3-5fps, I landed with 22-24fps in VC.

I'm not sure this is a problem, don't know.  Right now in the PMDG738 cruisin' at FL370 my framerate is about 60 fps, on the ground at KSEA it was about 24 fps. I think that's normal, as long as the motion is fluid I don't care about framerate, rarely check it.

Dan Downs KCRP

I'm not sure this is a problem, don't know.  Right now in the PMDG738 cruisin' at FL370 my framerate is about 60 fps, on the ground at KSEA it was about 24 fps. I think that's normal, as long as the motion is fluid I don't care about framerate, rarely check it.

Well, cruising gives me great fps too, but fly into a large scenery causes major stutter to me.

I believe that's because of my old GTX670, that's the bottleneck. Right now I'm on the way to GTX970.:)

Thank you guys for your attentions.

Bai Jian

Today I tested my nes GTX970 with a flight from LOWW to LSZH and the fps drop happened again. The fps dropped from an average of 35-45 during the take-off and cruise to about 20-25 on landing along with lot of stutters.

Bai Jian

I am curios what about using a different aircraft like a Q400 or a A2A.

Try also not using the FMC just using VOR to VOR.

I will try my self LOWW LSZH and report.

I confirm the same issue. Starting at specific airport with high fps and when flying to the same airport after an hour flight cause the fps to drop. Not sure what causing it. Any new findings ?

Roi Ben

Today I updated ASN to build 5848 which is the offical stable version and tested again from LICJ (JetStream Designs Palermo) to LEIB (Aerosoft Ibiza X) with perfect fps from take-off and touch down. Not sure if it is an ASN issue, I will keep testing tomorrow flying into a major airport.

Bai Jian

Today I updated ASN to build 5848 which is the offical stable version and tested again from LICJ (JetStream Designs Palermo) to LEIB (Aerosoft Ibiza X) with perfect fps from take-off and touch down. Not sure if it is an ASN issue, I will keep testing tomorrow flying into a major airport.

Great ! Keep us posted. Are you using p3d v3.1 ?

And try flying into more complex weather maybe.

Cant figure out this issue yet... I hope ut was just something with ASN and was fixed.

Roi Ben

Just finised my flight from EDBC to LOWW with ASN weather, and fps drop comes again. Weather at LOWW was pretty complex, low cloud, fog, V/S800m, on short final I only get 22-25fps with stutters. It is wrong to blame ASN I think. I am using p3d v3.0.

Bai Jian

Just finised my flight from EDBC to LOWW with ASN weather, and fps drop comes again. Weather at LOWW was pretty complex, low cloud, fog, V/S800m, on short final I only get 22-25fps with stutters. It is wrong to blame ASN I think. I am using p3d v3.0.

Complex weather with low visibility, and you don't think that's a cause? Sure, it's not ASN's "fault" that the weather was like that, but if you're loading a bunch of complex weather into the sim you're going to get a drop in performance. You can load the default Cessna in clear weather, and then load ASN and see a performance drop simply because of the rendering that needs to happen with the clouds. ASN, by the very nature of what it's there to do, is going to hit performance.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Yes, ASN latest SP4 has introduced a lot of pressure on p3d3.1. I'm also experiencing stuttering and low FPS with ASN, but "resetting" ASN in the middle of the flight does the trick. I7-6700k/Z170 + GTX980Ti/6GB + 16GB DDR4 here.

It's ASN, my friend. Landed at CYYZ yesterday with 737-600 and OVC at 600-800ft with 5 layers. Barely survived FSP drops to almost 11FPS at some cases. 

This one is hard explain. Beacuse i can load the sim after fresh start at the airport its all good. Landing there 2 min ago and the fps is mess. I try now to disable asn from core 0. For now i think it got some effect.

Roi Ben