Sign in to follow this  
Pastaiolo

News on DTG Simulator is coming soon!

So, it's clear that it will surpass the number of users of P3D very soon (probably significantly), and flight sim developers go where money is, so in short time a wealth of add-ons for DTG-FS will sprinkle, and it will become the more feature rich simulator

The P3D market isn't really about individual users. We have merely been a clever bi-product. They are not competing product lines.

But I agree with your general commentary that DTG will ultimately become what FSX was in it's hey-day - but just bigger and better.

I'm also a little skeptical that the SDK will be free for all based on their current business model with train sim, but I have no insider knowledge like JV might, and as you say, he has been right in the past. As a freeware developer for X-Plane, I'd be very disappointed if this decision was made, as I'm sure would many people. 

Maybe one thing to consider is that if the flight simulator is mostly FSX to start with, maybe they'd be worried that people could easily hack it to run old FSX sceneries? I'm sure some clever developer will work out how to convert existing scenery eventually anyway.

Well, on Train Sim there are free routes and addons too, so i guess they have to use the SDK to make those, right?

• Upvote 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Well, on Train Sim there are free routes and addons too, so i guess they have to use the SDK to make those, right?

I don't know since I've never used it, but if there is freeware for train sim with an SDK then that's good news.

I don't know since I've never used it, but if there is freeware for train sim with an SDK then that's good news.

There's a whole host of freeware available through the Steam Workshop which is essentially all user-submitted. There's also payware add ons available through Just Trains and Armstrong Powerhouse to name a few.

• Upvote 3

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

There's a whole host of freeware available through the Steam Workshop which is essentially all user-submitted. There's also payware add ons available through Just Trains and Armstrong Powerhouse to name a few.

TS2016 development tools for Route an scenario building are built right into the sim itself, with no external SDK. There doesn't appear to be freeware rolling stock, at least on Steam workshop, also the DLC sold for rolling stock is per livery, which is a problem.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

TS2016 development tools for Route an scenario building are built right into the sim itself, with no external SDK. There doesn't appear to be freeware rolling stock, at least on Steam workshop, also the DLC sold for rolling stock is per livery, which is a problem.

People distribute addons outside of the Steam Workshop too, you know :)

An italian community site has italian routes and rolling stock too for example. Same for some german routes

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

So, what they seem to have done is to take the lessons/missions out of FSX, put lipstick on it, repackaged it, 64bitted & DX1 'd it, & 'drum roll' Ta daa.... Same flipping thing. Yes, if you did all the lessons in FSX (& FS9 by the way) it would have taken you from rookie to an accomplished pilot, & you could print out a personalised certificate for your walls!!.

DTG and some other folks have said it is much more than this. There will be a virtual instructor in the cockpit sitting next to you on your flights, much more akin to being at a flight school than the way FSX did it, which was half reading and half flying with a voice in your head telling you vaguely what to do. 

• Upvote 1

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

with talk of all the improvement being made by DTG in there sim,will this enable me to get more fps /smoother ride from my i2600k @4.5ghz and asus 970 ? or will the extra detail just keep me in the same position,because the cpu is again swamped by the extra information it is now required to process,I suppose I am really asking will I get a free performance boost from the DTG new flightsim

Peter

with talk of all the improvement being made by DTG in there sim,will this enable me to get more fps /smoother ride from my i2600k @4.5ghz and asus 970 ? or will the extra detail just keep me in the same position,because the cpu is again swamped by the extra information it is now required to process,I suppose I am really asking will I get a free performance boost from the DTG new flightsim

Peter

It's an unknown and highly speculative at this stage, but that's not a bad system from what I can tell. I have more or less the same. I think the basic principles will still apply. More detail, more power needed. But it will definitely look alot better than we are used to.