Sign in to follow this  
Pe11e

Discussion Topic for "How Do I Install My Traffic 6.0a For Prepar3D V3"

Did you add it to your scenery library? Just tick it .

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

I just purchased 6.0a and followed step by step installing it into Prepar V3.35.  I do not see this working when I launch the simulator. I even put the traffic at 100. Tons of traffic comes up but all are just generic planes. 

Upon going back into the communicator app I noticed this for my simobjects file. Any ideas on what may be wrong? 

TITLE=Default Airplanes
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=true
[Entry.3]
PATH=SimObjects\Avatars
TITLE=Default Avatars
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=true
[Entry.4]
PATH=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
TITLE=Default Rotorcraft
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=true
[Entry.5]
PATH=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
TITLE=Default Ground Vehicles
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=true
[Entry.6]
PATH=SimObjects\Boats
TITLE=Default Boats
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=true
[Entry.7]
PATH=SimObjects\Animals
TITLE=Default Animals
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=true
[Entry.8]
PATH=SimObjects\Misc
TITLE=Default Misc
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=true
[Entry.9]
PATH=SimObjects\Submersible
TITLE=Default Submersible
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=true
[Entry.10]
PATH=SimObjects\Weapons
TITLE=Default Weapons
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=true
[Entry.11]
PATH=SimObjects\Countermeasures
TITLE=Default Countermeasures
ACTIVE=true
[Entry.10]
Title=MyTraffic
Path="G:\MyTraffic\Aircraft"
Required=False
Active=True
REQUIRED=true

Hi Abe

You have two [Entry.10].

Try editing the last entry to be [Entry.12]

Hope this helps

And lose the quotes around Path="G:\MyTraffic\Aircraft"

Hi Abe

You have two [Entry.10].

Try editing the last entry to be [Entry.12]

Hope this helps

Very good,  That should be the answer.

And lose the quotes around Path="G:\MyTraffic\Aircraft"

Strangely enough its the MyTraffic 6 Communicator that does this,  It will work this way though,  I tried to get an answer why the Communicator does this but i couldn't.  

============

Original Thread for Installing MyTraffic 6.0a for Prepar3D V3    http://www.avsim.com...or-prepar3d-v3/

This Thread is also Relevant even though its for the Older Version of MyTraffic 6,  By-passing the Communicator   http://www.avsim.com...o-communicator/ 

===========

The Bottom Line 

MyTraffic 6 is connected to Prepar3D in 2 ways.

(1)  In your simobjects.cfg.

Follow the steps in the image below.      Double Click on simobjects.cfg.   Your simobjects Note pad will pop up.   Add your new Entry in at the bottom.   4  Go to File and Click Save 

24170003946_c57d36d344_o.png

(2)  Add you MyTraffic 6 Scenery to your Prepar3D library.  

Start Prepar3D.  Click world (Top Left)  Click Scenery Library.    1 Add Area.  2 and 3 Browse through your Drives and Click MyTraffic,  this is the exact folder that you should add.  4 and Click Ok.  

24511000569_46c1b6a807_o.png

The correct folder is The MyTraffic folder  

24760907562_6068794c9e_o.png

Again, be sure to adjust up your Traffic Sliders to see Traffic.   Please Note: If for what ever reason you Delete your Prepar3D.cfg file,  you will have to adjust your Traffic sliders again

24251929793_33620c2b9e_o.png

Start Prepar3D,  Pick an Airport, confirm you can see Traffic,  Shut down Prepar3D and Delete your Shaders folder, When you start Prepar3D it will build a new one

Location and how to find your shaders Folder   http://www.avsim.com...older-prepar3d/

• Upvote 1

Hello,

Not sure if this has been answered somewhere. I have MyTraffic installed but I am only seeing AI traffic, when viewing outside the aircraft,, in the airport terminal area but not e.g. in cruise despite traffic showing on the NAV display very close and receiving TCAS warning. I usually see traffic in FSX in that situation.

Regards,

Michael Jones 

Michael A. Jones

signature-light.png

Hello,

Not sure if this has been answered somewhere. I have MyTraffic installed but I am only seeing AI traffic, when viewing outside the aircraft,, in the airport terminal area but not e.g. in cruise despite traffic showing on the NAV display very close and receiving TCAS warning. I usually see traffic in FSX in that situation.

Regards,

Michael Jones 

In P3D the max distance is 10 miles, which is pretty close.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

As for it's order in the 'Scenery library within P3Dv3...according to Burk (My Traffic Forum) it should be under all the MS airports like Edwards etc...

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/81508-p3d32316769/#comment-491331

Win10Pro 22H2-19045.4123/IntelCorei7-3770K/GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3/32GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24/AsusRTX2070OC8GB/1TBCrucialMX500SSD/2 TB PNY CS900/(x3)1TBRAWMushkinSSDs/LGBlueRayBurner/RosewillChallengerTowerBlack/CorsairRM750wPSU/X56HOTAS/TtesportsCommanderKeyboardMousecombo/TrackIR5Pro/34inUltraWideScreenLG2560x1080p/TM2xMFDCougar/OculusQuest2/InateckKU5211PCIe3.2/LTERIVERPCIeG2S4/TMobileHomeInternet5G

MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US/Windows 11 Home 22H2 22631.3374/i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi II/RTX 4060/32GB DDR5 5600mhz/650w Gold PSU

As for it's order in the 'Scenery library within P3Dv3...according to Burk (My Traffic Forum) it should be under all the MS airports like Edwards etc...

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/81508-p3d32316769/#comment-491331

Yes i seen that alright,  I did in the past Move this folder to this Position, Now i just add the MyTraffic folder and let Prepar3D sort it out, It will stay at the top of course but i never noticed any difference.  

============================

Just to add something here and in addition to adding your Mytraffic 6 folder to the Prepar3D Scenery Library........... 

Regarding Installing MyTraffic 6 Manually and your simobjects.cfg   (For beginners) 

The Default Install folder Location for MyTraffic 6 is  C\MyTraffic Professional  The My Traffic 6 Installer will Automatically Create this folder and Install there.  

If you have installed to the Default location your Path= in simobjects.cfg will be this  Path=C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft

It will look like this in your Simobjects.cfg.  Location Local Disk (C:) ► ProgramData ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v3
[Entry.10] 
Title=MyTraffic Vehicles 
Path=C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft
Required=True
Active=True

Important Question:

If you Installed MyTraffic 6 somewhere else as apposed to the Default location, did you Create a folder to Install MyTraffic 6 to?   What did you name this folder ?

This is important because it will change the folder path= in your simobjects.cfg ! 

For Example:  I am now Installing MyTraffic 6 and have decided to Install to my G Drive,  I will Create a folder called MyTraffic6 and point the Installer to it  Note:   Notice how i left No spaces when i named this folder!!   You need to spell the name of the folder you created exactly the same including the spaces in your simobjects.cfg,  If you are even one digit or space out MyTraffic 6 will Not Launch 

This will now change the folder path,  So my path= in simobjects.cfg is now  Path=G:\MyTraffic6\MyTraffic\Aircraft

It will look like this 

[Entry.10]
Title=MyTraffic Vehicles
Path=G:\MyTraffic6\MyTraffic\Aircraft
Required=True
Active=True

==========

If you point the Installer to a Different location as apposed to Default and Do Not Create a Folder your Simobjects.cfg will look like this

[Entry.10] 
Title=MyTraffic Vehicles 
Path=G:\MyTraffic\Aircraft 
Required=True
Active=True

=========

When you have finished..........

Insure you number the [Entry's] correctly in your simobjects.cfg going down 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 and so on and so on

See  Post #19 to add your MyTraffic folder to the Prepar3D Scenery Library 

What can save one a lot of grief is turn off the UAC after installing your OS and be done with it. It's nothing more than a great nag and provides little to no benefit on the user end. It's easily duped these days by someone crafty enough at writing code. How ones computer is built and set up is as much important if not more than how P3D is set up after install. As for my install I have it installed as such....

C: OS drive

D: Prepar3D v3

D: My Traffic Professional

D: Prepar3D Add On Scenery

G: Steam game drive

Each drive is 1TB in size

Win10Pro 22H2-19045.4123/IntelCorei7-3770K/GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3/32GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24/AsusRTX2070OC8GB/1TBCrucialMX500SSD/2 TB PNY CS900/(x3)1TBRAWMushkinSSDs/LGBlueRayBurner/RosewillChallengerTowerBlack/CorsairRM750wPSU/X56HOTAS/TtesportsCommanderKeyboardMousecombo/TrackIR5Pro/34inUltraWideScreenLG2560x1080p/TM2xMFDCougar/OculusQuest2/InateckKU5211PCIe3.2/LTERIVERPCIeG2S4/TMobileHomeInternet5G

MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US/Windows 11 Home 22H2 22631.3374/i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi II/RTX 4060/32GB DDR5 5600mhz/650w Gold PSU

hi , i follow the instruction guide,  after adding scenery from scenery library  the message appears scenery.cfg  file error   scenery remote directory is invalid  would you like to unload it ,   can i know how to overcome this issue,. 

Best Regards