Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

DTG : Fs 64 bit this year - How will LM react ?

I will make this simple for You Guys - it will be a Train with Wings on it - plain and simple

You better have a lot of money for this business model 

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

4. There are other 64bit products on the near horizon

i wonder what that means? :P Thanks Rob!

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

I will make this simple for You Guys - it will be a Train with Wings on it - plain and simple

I can see you have experience with TS12....   :Hmmmph:

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Well, lets be fair here...

P3D is a pretty $$$ intensive hobby too.

I have lost count, but I think I have over $1500 of add-ons now..

There are some people in Train simulator that probably have triple that figure. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

There are some people in Train simulator that probably have triple that figure. 

Ok - Fair enough...

The point is just that in both worlds, you're ponying up a lot of coin.

I don't see the problem.

I care more about getting a great experience and rewarding developers for creating it.

The XPX world, as an example, blows and it's because (just one reason) there's no money making model and thus the add-ons are lacking (scenery in particular)

It really makes no difference to LM or most of us who choose to go the Prepar3d route.

I have to take issue with this statement, as it implies that the management any large organization is oblivious to the work of the thousands of small units that make up their corporate structure. In any big organization, every small team has to show that it benefits the corporation in a positive fashion. Some benefits are linear and are strictly monetary, like selling 10 F-35 aircraft to Italy. Other services may have indirect benefits, such as good publicity or providing a needed support service to other elements in the corporate structure. Contrary to the belief of some here, virtual reality and computer simulation in general is a big growth industry. LM's flight simulation group has hit upon the idea of using all of us "civilians" to test out what they are doing. And we are paying them for the privilege of testing everything. What a deal!

I have to take issue with this statement, as it implies that the management any large organization is oblivious to the work of the thousands of small units that make up their corporate structure. In any big organization, every small team has to show that it benefits the corporation in a positive fashion. Some benefits are linear and are strictly monetary, like selling 10 F-35 aircraft to Italy. Other services may have indirect benefits, such as good publicity or providing a needed support service to other elements in the corporate structure. Contrary to the belief of some here, virtual reality and computer simulation in general is a big growth industry. LM's flight simulation group has hit upon the idea of using all of us "civilians" to test out what they are doing. And we are paying them for the privilege of testing everything. What a deal!

Very, very well said. I've long said the LM Program Manager had a stroke of genius doing this. Of course none of us mind, but it was still a stroke of genius.

Let us remember that we are not the target market for P3D.

My very best to everyone.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

And would me having fun in P3D really prevent anyone from being serious at simming using the very same software?

No, but it would get you thrown in jail for breach of the EULA :lol:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

You are dreaming.

Well, the fact is that we are ALL dreaming because no one knows yet how good or bad the 'new' sim will be. It's ALL speculation. Who knows, maybe Dovetail is talking to PMDG already. We just don't know what will happen. I think Murmur is 'wrong' but you or Rob are also 'wrong'. We are talking about things we know nothing about at this stage. It's FUN to talk about this but we all must realize we are only speculating and thinking out loud. We only know what the future will be like when that future has become now. Or even better: when the future has become yesterday, because we usually also hardly have a clue what's happening now.

Well, the fact is that we are ALL dreaming because no one knows yet how good or bad the 'new' sim will be. It's ALL speculation. Who knows, maybe Dovetail is talking to PMDG already. We just don't know what will happen. I think Murmur is 'wrong' but you or Rob are also 'wrong'. We are talking about things we know nothing about at this stage. It's FUN to talk about this but we all must realize we are only speculating and thinking out loud. We only know what the future will be like when that future has become now. Or even better: when the future has become yesterday, because we usually also hardly have a clue what's happening now.

What he said. Besides that, my glass is half full, while the glass of others is half empty.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

I would agree, but when you have dealt with a company for awhile, read posts by customers of that company  on forums, regarding their products, and business model, and customer service, I think that voicing an opinion regarding what  you predict  might happen, is not wild speculation but is based in part on one's past experience.   

well the best bit of news so far is " There are other 64bit products on the near horizon" unless Rob is talking about a new racing sim

peter

well the best bit of news so far is " There are other 64bit products on the near horizon" unless Rob is talking about a new racing sim

peter

Maybe LM is going to come out with a 64 bit fishing game.... :wink:

1,500$ thats it  :wink: I am way past that 

So my point is I am not going to re-spend thousands of dollars on addons and re-buy them for a sim that will not be a true simulator as we know it 

Took tons of years to get this far - you think they will do it in a couple months you are sadly mistaken

It will be arcade simulator  -  buy one region at a time with no real backbone to the simulation portion are you kidding me lol

If I am wrong I will eat my words but I highley doubt it

Rich Sennett