Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Norwegian home cockpit (The 737 Project)

:smile:

• Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I have been following this guy for some time.  Pretty amazing sim that.

Great stuff!

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Really enjoyed that, thanks for posting...I want one.

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

Really enjoyed that, thanks for posting...I want one.

I actually find this project to be a bit more relatable, because he actually built the nose himself, something you can imagine almost anyone learning to do, rather than buying an actual nose, which has got to be beyond the means of the vast majority. It just seems more like something an average person might imagine themselves doing one day.

Interestingly enough, I also find whatever monitor setup hes using is much more effective in simulating a full 360 environment than some expensive multi monitor thingys I have seen.

All in all, an excellent job.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Just went through dozens of his photos of the process and coming away overwhelmed and hugely impressed. I'm motivated to start something, anything - to move my setup to another level, but have to be honest with myself: a project that large and involved would not end well, lol. I have the time, not sure about the money, and certainly am not the personality type to stay focused on something that long. 

Anyway, a superb job by that guy. 

cheers,

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

Very impressive, amazing the work that must go into something like this!

My wife would never see me if I had something like this.....

The guys a one off. I've followed his project for the last couple of years. Clear skies to him, he deserves it.