Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Taburet 3d lights But

I got 3D and NE now for California. 3D is bright but too white and NE is warm colored but way too dark, like FSX default. What am I missing? BTW, the NE configurator wants to be updated but crashes whenever asked to do so.

Sorry to say, but the lights at X-Plane are still the winner.

• Upvote 1

Hans

I got 3D and NE now for California. 3D is bright but too white and NE is warm colored but way too dark, like FSX default. What am I missing? BTW, the NE configurator wants to be updated but crashes whenever asked to do so.

Sorry to say, but the lights at X-Plane are still the winner.

From what I have seen x-plane at night is a winner in my eyes - hopefully Chris can chime in here as I am hoping I can blast NE to be brighter - I dont have product to compare but picking it up soon - I like options  :wink:

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

Thinking of buying NE Norway right now. How well does it work with FTX EU Norway? Or is it best to turn off that region? If leaving it on is ok, will only NE lights show or will I end up with a mix?

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Will both Shine, but I recommend to turn off vector lights in FTX Central. I have above the Alps, I turned off vector lights in FTX Central, I installed ORBX FTX global. 

• Upvote 1

Aleksey Kochi

Still struggling with the NE installation: Error message of the configurator is ERROR: Region folder not found for selected region!

RegKey: aerosoft\Night Environment - California - PREPAR3D V3.x
Filename: <  >

I extracted the updated California installer. Must have been gone to the wrong folder. No time to look for it now, as always help appreciated from the pros.

Hans

Will both Shine, but I recommend to turn off vector lights in FTX Central. I have above the Alps, I turned off vector lights in FTX Central, I installed ORBX FTX global. 

I don't have Vector installed.  I do have UTX EU.  I'm thinking the best look here would be just NE and not a mix.  So it would be really nice if NE lights only show in countries where I own it and UTX/Global lights still show in countries that I don't have NE.  Guess I should have figured this out before hitting the "Buy" button, huh?   :fool:  :smile:

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

I don't have Vector installed.  I do have UTX EU.  I'm thinking the best look here would be just NE and not a mix.  So it would be really nice if NE lights only show in countries where I own it and UTX/Global lights still show in countries that I don't have NE.  Guess I should have figured this out before hitting the "Buy" button, huh?   :fool:  :smile:

If NE is above all orbx stuff and turned on in central it should work that way - it does with taburet

Rich Sennett

If NE is above all orbx stuff and turned on in central it should work that way - it does with taburet

Giving it a shot right now.  We'll see how this works...

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

Still struggling with the NE installation: Error message of the configurator is ERROR: Region folder not found for selected region!

RegKey: aerosoft\Night Environment - California - PREPAR3D V3.x
Filename: <  >

I extracted the updated California installer. Must have been gone to the wrong folder. No time to look for it now, as always help appreciated from the pros.

I have the same exact issue when I tried to install it last night. I went to their forums and downloaded everything and patched the directories and no dice. I got frustrated and gave up. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

The same is for Night Environment. Looks SOOO beautiful, but it is a performance and VAS mess.

Thats not my experience at all, I have no performance (fps or smoothness) problems or VAS issues at all with NE UK and France :) K

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

finally made it back in; im here too guys :)

Still struggling with the NE installation:

I have the same exact issue when I tried to install it last night. I went to their forums and downloaded everything and patched the directories and no dice. I got frustrated and gave up.

here for you guys

this is as you suspected a very simple path error; it is expected when installing into v3.0,
our manager is looking for the path in the registry, which is showing path to 2.5 instead of 3.0,
follow the instructions posted here; http://forums.nightenvironment.com/topic/93-prepar3d-v3-night-environment-x-manager-nexm-v12-update/

update NEXM to v1.2 (update needed so manager knows of P3D v3.0),
next execute California P3D v3 regional config file update; (adds California v3 config panel)
then execute California B patch; (adds the registry path to find P3D v3, A patch allows to to keep 2.5 and 3.0 side by side)
in that order,

download the three files to your desktop and run them in that order; done,
these patches are designed to do all the changes needed for you;
so other than downloading and executing locally in the order i described you dont need to do much to fix this error,

sure it will :)
as long as NE isn’t competing with an additional Photoreal nightmap layer;
it really makes no differences where NE is located in scenery manager hierarchy,

From what I have seen x-plane at night is a winner in my eyes - hopefully Chris can chime in here as I am hoping I can blast NE to be brighter - I dont have product to compare but picking it up soon - I like options :wink:

XP has superb lighting system; fact is if it wasn’t for XP’s excellent work on night lighting system we wouldn’t have any of this,
So credit where credit is due; XP lighting system is the basis and inspiration for NE,

With that said i think we have surpassed XP visuals and almost controls as well today,
By this I mean absolutely no disrespect what so ever; it’s always easier to take exiting and improve on it rather than come up with everything from scratch;
If it’s not for the guys in Laminar I have no idea how NE would look and feel; XP was my totem pole!

As for options,
We were so careful not to overdo this; just a glimpse on our v2.0 (which I can prob double up with more controls)

nev2.0.jpg

• Upvote 1

Wow great stuff - thanks for the explanation well done Chris - need to explore NE asap  :wink:

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

Thank you Rich,

with great pleasure :hi:

Very nice - thanks for sharing and thumbs up on YT  :wink:

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett