Sign in to follow this  
DavidV935

ScreenShooter and Win10

I've been using ScreenShooter v1.6 for about 10 years to take multiple screenshots while flying in FS9 and FSX. When you hit Print Screen, this little utility automatically captures the screen image in a jpg, assigns a filename, and stores it in the folder of your choice. It's been great to take multiple screenshots while flying without having to paste and save each image individually. Now, after upgrading to Windows 10, this utility still launches, but doesn't capture any screenshots and store them anymore. Does anyone with Win10 use a similar utility that works in Win10 to capture multiple screenshots while flying? Thanks for any recommendations.

Thanks for the heads-up.

I've just downloaded it and am running Windows 10, and just did a screenshot with the Print Key and it has stored the captured image without any probs.

Screenshot2016-03-0718-12-33.jpg

Thanks for the heads-up.

I've just downloaded it and am running Windows 10, and just did a screenshot with the Print Key and it has stored the captured image without any probs.

Screenshot2016-03-0718-12-33.jpg

Hmmm...now that is really puzzling! When I hit Print Screen, it will post one bitmap into the folder and it's labeled "temp.bmp" instead of the filename sequence I specified in ScreenShooter v1.6. Hitting Print Screen subsequent times is ignored and only the first bitmap is stored. Additionally, while I specified the image be stored as an 800x600 jpg, it ignores that too. I assumed it was Win10 because I had no problems ever with Win 7.

vc10man...thanks for your quick response to check this out. What utility have you been using for your screenshots? Just doing one at a time is a bit too much work. Thanks again.

As I said, after reading your h/up on this utility called ScreenShooter, I downloaded it fully expecting to run into the same issues you posted, coz normally I just use the PrintScrn and Pain, adn lo and behold, that ScreenShooter did it all for me as per the image I've posted. Now, bear with me that I have not done a series of screenshots from within FSX-SE. Going to try that now and report back.

EDIT: Just hit a series of PrintScrn and it captured the images

I was just typing that question when your answer popped up. Did you hit Print Screen several times and get 3 images posted? Did you also set the value to jpg?

What's wrong with just pressing the "V" key, other than saving in BMP format it works fine.

• Upvote 1

I was just typing that question when your answer popped up. Did you hit Print Screen several times and get 3 images posted? Did you also set the value to jpg?

Did 3 VC view cycles using the S keystroke, and hit Print-Scrn each time and had 3 images saved in ScreenShots folder. Did not set value as they are JPGs so I'm not too bothered.

Thanks so much for giving me a sanity check on this and helping dispel the notion that Win10 was an issue. I discovered when I googled "ScreenShooter" that there are multiple apps with that name and I could not find the one I've been using - I was looking to reinstall it. Downloaded three other ones and tried them out. Ended up keeping the one that was simplest to use even though it has the least amount of features. Again, thanks for your assistance!

No sweat. Glad we got it sorted, and you in an indirect way gave me a h/up to a nifty little utility.

A lot of people slate Windows 10, and I must admit, I was one of those who was determined to sit on the Win7 fence, but as I have spent far too much of my life starting with Windows 3.1 sitting on the fences that I now try to be ahead of the game.

What's wrong with just pressing the "V" key, other than saving in BMP format it works fine.

They would rather have multiple apps open, then complain about frame rates.

They would rather have multiple apps open, then complain about frame rates.

:smile:

I've discovered that Win10 now requires me to specifically select "Run as Administrator" for quite a few of my applications even though I already am the administrator for this computer. Once I did that, ScreenShooter runs fine. It has absolutely no effect on frame rates. It saves the file as a smaller jpg (you pick the size) in whatever folder you specify vice FSX saving a large bmp in an FSX folder which you have to find, convert, and move to a folder of your choosing.